War Craft III Install Error

dgates1975

Reaction score
When installing the game I get error The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III.temp\Movies.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III.temp\Movies". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1)

How do I solve conflict.

P.S. I am the administer

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
have you tried downloading the latest version from blizzard's website? also, is this on windows vista or windows seven? have you tried right clicking the installer and running it as an administrator and/or in windows xp mode?

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Try installing somewhere other than Program Files, especially if you are the only user on that computer.
Example: C:\Warcraft3

It will avoid more problems than just the install.

nitsthegame

Reaction score
i am also facing the same problem
i bought war 3 roc yesterday and when i install i get the same error.

is this error because i had another version of warcraft on my system?
i hav mailed the same to blizzard if i get some reply i will post it here :)

thnks in advance if any1 can help :)

msd011

Reaction score
I am also having this issue

The file "C:\Warcraft3.temp\redist.temp\miles.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Warcraft3.temp\redist.temp\miles". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1)

I am running windows 7 and I think (I'm a complete novice) I've tried the above solutions without succes,I am the administrator an the message seems to vary to 1 of 3-4ish other files but all basically say the same thing

EDIT: I dont know if this matters or not but I'm downloading it from the battle.net website not a cd
EDIT 2: the most common message im getting now is: The file "C:\Warcraft 3.temp\Movies.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Warcraft 3.temp\Movies". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1)

I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it, till same error message (The file "C:\Warcraft 3.temp\redist.temp\miles.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Warcraft 3.temp\redist.temp\miles". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1))

Kuvion

Reaction score
I never did a regular install of Wc3 on my new windows 7 computer, I just copied the warcraft 3 folder from my old win xp computer. It works perfectly fine. If you have access to an xp computer I suggest you try installing it there first and then just copy it to the other computer. This way you can avoid the whole installation.

If you can't do that, try running the installer file in widows xp mode and as an administrator. Note: Being logged in as an administrator isn't enough, you must right click the file and then click run as administrator.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the above only works until you need a B.net update, in which case it fails, and you need to do the update where the original install was, and then copy it over again

Kuvion

Reaction score
Correct, Slapshot, unless you have some knowledge about the registry. The update problem is caused by a missing registry value. To fix this, go to the Warcraft III registry key. For me it was located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment. Under the Warcraft III key, create a string value named "InstallPath" (without quotation marks). Then set the value of that string to your Warcraft III folder. For me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III.
This is, of course, not an optimal solution for those who aren't comfortable with the registry, but it seems to do the job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.