Arena War of Emperium [Looking for SpellMakers]

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Game Title
War of Emperium

Description
This is a hero arena map with job class system. Generally based on the popular game Ragnarok Online. Maximum of 5 v 5 players which starts of as a "Novice" character with basic skill set. After reaching level 11, players can choose from 6 other jobs to advance. They will gain 3 new job specific skills and job specific stat boosts. And after reaching level 16 they can now advance to higher jobs that gives an additional 2 more skills, a total of 5 skills.

Total Skills:
Novice = 2 ;
First Job = 3 x (6 jobs) = 18
Second Job = 2 x (12 jobs) = 24
Total = 44 unique skills

The game mechanics has already been finalized and most of the skills are also already planned out.
I will only disclose more information about the game to the person who wants to work with this project.

We need a skilled skill maker to make some of the unique spell. I'm a 5 year .net programmer but I am still a noob when it comes to World Editor. I can make the game happen but It will take some time, so I'd like to ask a helping hand to speed up the process in making this game.

Requirements:
All skills must be in GUI + Custom Scripts (This is how I wan't it to be done.)
All skills must be MUI (Since it will be common to have players using the same job/class in one game)
All skills must be leakless (Obviously)
All skills must be highly customizable (As much as possible)
I will have to ask you to make 1 skill(with my specifications). If passed, you are now part of the project and all credits will be properly given.

All credits will be properly given to those who will help in this project.

Note:
Please only those who are highly interested and enthusiastic should PM me. We want partners in making this game =).

You should first pass the "skill making test" before asking any detailed questions about the project or unless you have a high reputation in this website then you automatically qualify.

Thanks!
Yoh Momma =)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
We currently 80% on character development as of writing this message ;)

Care to describe if any triggering has been done at all in your map? Or everything are just concept and ideas? You might not get much feedback. Many of us have already retired. And if this is another 'I give the idea, you do the triggers', not many seniors or experienced people will be interested. Some sneak peek to your work, perhaps?

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Actually triggers were already done. I got help from Juggernaut which I met here. All triggering were done in GUI and Custom Scripts. And everything is going well. After finishing the spells. I'm going to proceed with may terrain and other game events. Juggernaut made like 3 spells and I made the rest. He has some more pending spells to make but everything is well.;)

Can't give out the map yet because everything is cluttered for testing.. The skill descriptions are not yet finalized but the skills are already working.

Yow Momma

Reaction score
It's actually my first time, but I am a programmer for 5 years now so I easily got the hang of it. Experience is good =)

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Yeha hit me up if you need some fancy terraining done. I like terrain.

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Yow how can we possibly transfer a terrain done in another map to my map? Is that possible?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Uh. Just copy and paste.
But you'll need to do it one by one. And make sure both maps have the same tileset.
Start off with terrain copying. Then destructibles and doodads. Then units... etc. It's gonna be tedious. And the end result might not be so nice sometimes. So, it's always good to terrain from the original map.

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Yeah that was what I was thinking. By the way I think we only have 6 more spells left to make. And we're proceeding with Terrains and Game events.

iPeez

Reaction score
As said above that is the general idea. Can be hard to pull off depending on the terrain lol.

Yow Momma

Reaction score
It would be quite hard. Because I have a very huge map. like 250x250, I think it is the max size of the map. And it would have lots of important element, because it would be an RPG map and a HERO ARENA map at the same time. It's quite complicated.

iPeez

Reaction score
Such projects, it can be smarter to copy'n'paste smaller parts of the terrain, like a puzzle, and fuse them together. Thus this may not look like the same map 100%

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, I don't have war3 atm but I could certainly offer ideas for spells if I know what the job for that spell is like. Dunno if you already have all the ideas laid out and just need people to trigger them while you work on other parts, or if you need unique spells thought of, too. If the latter is the case, just lemme know and I'd be happy to offer whatever I can.

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Hi KMilz, actually I've almost finished all the skills. They have lots of synergy so it was quite complicated. And each hero have 6 skills. It was pretty awesome actually. I just need time to balance and test everything else before I will proceed with terrain.

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Hi guys, It's been a while. It took me sometime to fully customize the game mechanics and I did some remake of the skills because of the adjustments. If anyone could help me with making character models please send me a message. ;)

Reaction score
Hi guys, It's been a while. It took me sometime to fully customize the game mechanics and I did some remake of the skills because of the adjustments. If anyone could help me with making character models please send me a message. ;)

Are you have done all the skills...? I have some if you still need more unique skills...
Btw, I can't do models, it's quite hard since my computer unable runs huge programs like modeling software...

Yow Momma

Reaction score
Hi! Development has been suspended because of my laptop. It will be continued next year by end of January since I'm planning to get a new desktop with high end specs. I won't be importing any skills anymore since the game system has become too customized and complex. What I would need in the future is someone who can do models. Anyways I have a new game to develop next year, maybe you I'd need some help I'll contact you.

iPeez

Reaction score
Hi! Development has been suspended because of my laptop. It will be continued next year by end of January since I'm planning to get a new desktop with high end specs. I won't be importing any skills anymore since the game system has become too customized and complex. What I would need in the future is someone who can do models. Anyways I have a new game to develop next year, maybe you I'd need some help I'll contact you.

3D-artists are hard to find these days, either finding one having them interested in doing models for your project, because they feel genuinely attracted to it, or you would need to pay someone to do them for you. Anyway, compared to other engines and 3D art, WC3 is fairly easy, as far as I know, so it should not be too expensive having a few models made. Just find the right forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.