Defense War of the Spells (Official Thread)

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
Project next to doomed!:eek:

My windows had a crash and I lost the programme that I used to lock my maps and now I can't unlock them back.:banghead::banghead: If anyone has an unprotected version post 1.0 I'd greatly appreciate it if they sent it to me so I can continue the work on it, on adding new interesting elements and fixing old bugs. From what I can recall there was a bug with gold winning for killing NPCs and I couldn't resolve it so the map might be considered hard to play at the current stage.

Please if you can send an unprotected version or if you have any ideas for programmes that can lock/unlock maps I'd love to have a reply. I am sure that it wasn't the WC Map Optimiser, if that's any help. :(

Edit: I also sow there is some (very little actually) interest in the map and those who DL it and try it in B.net I'd love some feedback for improvements and changes. I haven't run a multilayer game yet and I can only guess about team work efficiency.

Edit2: I am reconsidering the use for map protectors all together. As I saw they can backfire big time also may prove useless to begin with...if I get an unprotected version I'll update from now with unprotected versions. It is in the interest of the players not to tweak the map as they'll throw it off balance. I'll just need to make something in the map that is my own signature and which will help people make the difference between fake ones and original ones.

Edit3: Duh found a 1.1 unprotected in my mail XD Good I can go on now.

Parsimony

Reaction score
Duh found a 1.1 unprotected in my mail XD Good I can go on now.

Rofl. This map suddenly burst from the ashes.

Good luck this time, the past version was pretty cool.

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
Actually I found out that it was protected too. Somewhere in my database I found an alpfa version with only 3 of the 8 spell types on and it seems it's all I have....I'll have a lot of work to remove the models I removed before and to add the 1001 item icons I used it 1.0...

/QQ:(:(

And all the balancing issues and the nightmarish variables...though I am glad that you liked it. If you could PM me some details about what you'd like to improve (and suggestions) and weak spots, I'd love it ^^

Cloud_FF

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say that I am the World's Greatest Idiot. Second of all I'd like to state that again...

After my windows crashed WE wasn't a programme that Windows recognizes as an executive programme (since I only reinstalled the Windows its self) and when I selected to open wc3 map files with WE it just opened WE, and I though that the map was protected...fortunately I realized that once WE is opened I needed to select which map to be loaded. So now I am back on 1.1 and I'll work on fixing the gold issue...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.