War Path rpg war

Xenoche

Reaction score
800.jpg

This is a project that I've been wanting to do for ages, but never really got around to it. So, I finally put the pedal to the metal and started making it. The map is to begin as any other rpg, do quests, kill creeps, level up and eventually evolve into a big hero bash in the centre lane (hence "WAR PATH" in the map name). Now its finally here and ready for anyone who is wanting to test and post your ideas for heroes, creeps, or basically anything. The entire map was created by me and me alone (I know I'm a loner) and has taken me a couple of weeks to get it this far.

The heroes in this map have been balanced reasonably well as they have existed since my first maps (obviously they have developed tremendously since their humble beginnings), from King Arthur's hero siege, King Arthur's hero wars, KA's AoS, Temples of War, Assault of Gaia, Chaos Hero Siege and now my final creation, War Path rpg war. So feel free to give your idea's, my mind is pretty spent, so it would be awesome to hear what people like and want to add.
Below is an overview of the map itself, just to give you a general idea.

Join the ranks of either the Citadel forces or the Deviate demon legion in a battle of control and ultimately the decimation of your enemies.
An Rpg style map complete with quests, bosses, duels, mining, control over your sides spawns from meager scout units to great siege machines.

-Tier system that enables the training of special units, defensive towers and un-locking more advanced item recipes.
-12 Citadel heroes, 12 Deviate heroes (-ap command included at hosts discretion).
-Control Points that increases your teams income and experience gain.
-Duels, randomized each time, and the ability to gamble your hard earned gold.
-Mining enables you to find valuable jewels or precious metals and gems that are required for recipes.
-16 quests on each side, from creeps that can be taken fairly easily, to great bosses that may require the team.
-Hero Trainers that allow you to use exp. points to tweak your hero.

This is still beta, however, after testing it over the last week or so I think its reached a stage where I would like some constructive feedback on balance and changes that people might like to see. I'm waiting for approval at the moment, and I'll upload as soon as humanly possible.

Ive added a few screenies, the first one is an over view of the overall map structure. The other two are pictures of control points, first one being on the Citadel side and the other on the Deviate demon territory. I tried to get some in-game ones, but for some reason all of them are coming up totally black, if anyone knows why that is happening that would be great.
EDIT: I just submitted it over at hive if you want to download, I'll attach it here once its accepted.

EDIT2: Ok its accepted and ready for download at WEtuts, heres the link
WPrpgW Download

Attachments

• WPrpgW-Whole map.jpg
    WPrpgW-Whole map.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 261
  • WPrpgW-CitadelCP.jpg
    WPrpgW-CitadelCP.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 352
  • WPrpgW-DeviateCP.jpg
    WPrpgW-DeviateCP.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 275

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
well done working on your own, u must have been working on this project for a hell of a lomg time ... what is the max level? can u save/load... answer these and ill dl it :)

Xenoche

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is not a save/load type of map, games usually last anywhere from 45 minutes or so, and the max level is 40.

Boxes over the units heads? I'm not quite sure what you mean. But if your able to elaborate I'm sure I could send 'it' to you :eek:.

Now that this has been approved and done some more testing over the last couple of days, I should have an update ready soon for balancing purposes, the heroes and items themselves are well balanced, but when I added things like mining and quests the dynamics of the map changed drastically, hence the need for a hasty update to remedy these issues.

Thanks for your comments and be assured that I wont go away anytime soon, not until this and my other project (Tomb of Jarahcon) I'm working on at the moment is polished and released in a state that I deem appropriate.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is not a save/load type of map, games usually last anywhere from 45 minutes or so, and the max level is 40.

Boxes over the units heads? I'm not quite sure what you mean. But if your able to elaborate I'm sure I could send 'it' to you :eek:.

Now that this has been approved and done some more testing over the last couple of days, I should have an update ready soon for balancing purposes, the heroes and items themselves are well balanced, but when I added things like mining and quests the dynamics of the map changed drastically, hence the need for a hasty update to remedy these issues.

Thanks for your comments and be assured that I wont go away anytime soon, not until this and my other project (Tomb of Jarahcon) I'm working on at the moment is polished and released in a state that I deem appropriate.

What's it's name.. UI?
Those boxes who indicates the hero's name and level.. Those..

Xenoche

Reaction score
Update

This afternoon I've been busy fixing many problems that has arisen after being brought to my attention by keen eyed players. Be assured that this update will be ready shortly, as well as a change log so you guys know exactly whats going on, because this is a solo project, I can do stuff like that without stepping on other peoples toes :p.

UPDATE COMPLETE v0.60

-Re-mapped side lanes
-Re-structured tier system.
-Capped Duel Bets.
-Fixed the 'creeps timer stopped' bug.
-Various other skill balances and grammar fixes.

It is highly advised you use v0.6, as the previous map was flawed in a lot of ways, this update is here to remedy those issues.
If anything is a miss, or you find bugs please post them, makes my job a hell of a lot easier.

The update is approved and can be downloaded from the link in the 1st post.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.