War3 User Fix - Fatal Errors with Nividia and AMD Processors

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy fixed his fatal errors by changing some of the display properties on his NVidia card. I think he his going a little far by saying that it will fix all problems but it apparently worked for him.

http://forums.battle.net/opensupport/posts/ws/25502.shtml

Subject: Fatal ERROR FIXED!!!!
Date: Sun Jul 7 07:20:10

Right blizzard I suggest u do a call out for this because alot of
ppl have had the same problem with fatal error with memory etc.
Well to fix this thx to VTwedge so thank him. All people that have
nvidia cards.

Go to display properties/settings/advanced/(card name ie GFti4600)/additional properties/direct3d settings/ and change the PCI texture memory from 92 or 60 whatever it is to 2mb.

This small thing fixes all the problems with ppl with fatal
errors on nvidia cards and amd processors. It also fixed a restart
rpoblem i had when the pc booted back up again it froze and i have to power it down wait a min b4 it would boot again. Anyway thx to VTwedge alot of these problems will be solved.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a ton more things you can try. You should try starting a new thread about your problem. Be sure to include your complete system specifications, the Operating System you are using, and what you have already tried to fix the problem. Hopefully we can help you further from there.

N

Neb

OK here's what i've come up with:

Os- windows xp professional
Pentium III
384 MB of RAM
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 PRO
SB Live wave device

I don't know how to check for the brand or model of my Motherboard.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of things you can try.

384 Ram probably means you have multiple Ram sticks in your computer. Try removing all but one of the Ram sticks and see if you still have a problem.

Take the case off your computer and put a box fan or something blowing on the computer. Try that.

Alot of these problems can be attributed to mismatched or bad ram or high temperatures in the computer case.

N

Neb

Well the thing is, I don't have teh tools to take the computer's back off, or the knowledge of what a ram stick looks like, if you could specify how or, I could get a tech to come to the house or something.

S

spooN-_-

I have XFX NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600 GT, with newest drivers. I can't find any options for pci texture settings. Please help me =/ i use newest drivers from nvidia. Other PC SPECS: AMD 64 3200+, MAINBOARD: MSI K8N NEO-FSR, Corsair Value 512 DDR-DIMM. Any ideas? i get the same fatal error as everyone =/ (0xC0000005)

The Helper said:
This guy fixed his fatal errors by changing some of the display properties on his NVidia card. I think he his going a little far by saying that it will fix all problems but it apparently worked for him.

http://forums.battle.net/opensupport/posts/ws/25502.shtml

Subject: Fatal ERROR FIXED!!!!
Date: Sun Jul 7 07:20:10

Right blizzard I suggest u do a call out for this because alot of
ppl have had the same problem with fatal error with memory etc.
Well to fix this thx to VTwedge so thank him. All people that have
nvidia cards.

Go to display properties/settings/advanced/(card name ie GFti4600)/additional properties/direct3d settings/ and change the PCI texture memory from 92 or 60 whatever it is to 2mb.

This small thing fixes all the problems with ppl with fatal
errors on nvidia cards and amd processors. It also fixed a restart
rpoblem i had when the pc booted back up again it froze and i have to power it down wait a min b4 it would boot again. Anyway thx to VTwedge alot of these problems will be solved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.