warcraft 1

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is warcraft going to become abandonware or has it become deadware? Blizzard doesn't sell it anymore as far as I'm aware but they haven't made it free. Are they just letting the game die?

Xarthos

Reaction score
I would think soon they will release a WI WII and WIII with all expansions. Kinda like a Blizzard battle chest or something.. Just keep yuour eyes open

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Maybe they'll make it open source.

Hah, never in a million years, remember that it is blizzard you are talking about^^

And that code is so old and somewhat easy to reproduce anyway, I am not a skilled programmer and I think that I would be able to with a few failed attempts in the way:rolleyes:

I think that the battlechest idea could be something IF they make the first and second compatible with vista and windows 7:)

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Its pretty much abandon ware. I found a "free" copy of warcraft 2 online.

mason

Reaction score
wouldn't they only need to change the first one? i have Warcraft II BE edition, and it works fine on vista. I dont know if they will but I cant imagine I would be that big or horrible of and idea to do something like a Battlechest of I&II

punwisp

Reaction score
I think its a bit unlikely, wc3 has been out a long time now, they would have done it by now, besides they would have to reproduce the other 2. Of which I doubt they have interest, and most wont really play to be honest, only a few gamers that want to play classics

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.