Campaign Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
campaign.jpg

After almost five years later, I've decided to finish my long time dream to re-create Warcraft 2 in Warcraft 3.

What does that mean? I'll tell you:

- Original WC2 units&structures
- Original spells
- Original campaign missions
- Oil&water combat

- and so on

What can you do? The biggest issue currently is the lack of certain models! If you know somebody, or would like to provide the missing models yourself, it would be really appreciated and rewarded accordingly. The missing models include Shipyard, Foundry, Refinery and some others. Here's a full list of the models I already have and the one's that are missing:

Custom Model List

Also, I'm looking for a dedicated terrain artist who could re-create the wonderful WC2 atmosphere. If anyone is interested, please check the following link for reference pictures and show me some demo work.

Human Campaign Terrain Reference Pictures (NB! The full pictures are very large both in terms of dimensions and failsize)

Terraining isn't a very urgent issue and I can do that myself, it'll just take more time. But if anyone is interested, let me know.

What's the progress on this project? Click on the following link to see:

progress List

Warcraft21.jpg

If anyone has any questions, please ask!

Your favourite Pandaren,

Andrewgosu

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Wait, you are re-creating something you made in w2 in w3?
Why?
Why not start a fresh project?
Or atleast customize it in some way that you will have the appropriate model files.
I don't know what you are going to do about that oil situation though...

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
No, no.

I am re-creating Warcraft 2 campaign with the original everything in Warcraft 3.

Markhaos

Reaction score
Sounds awesome.. never played w2. really enjoyed the w3 campaign, would be cool to play the w2 campaign in w3...

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Will you be using anything directly from wc2 like sounds or music, or will those all be wc3?

Sounds like an awesome project :D. I can't wait to play with the old units.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
If possible, please use the original WC2 soundtrack. Probably the best video game music I have ever heard in my life. :D

TheLegend

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE MAKE IT SOON :D youre a king you know that a king, will the graphics be from wc3 or wc2, i hope wc3 to make it a bit better :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.