Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Is Warcraft 3 dead? Has LoL and DotA taken over Warcraft 3? What is your opinion and why you think this and I may create a map and complete it. If the opinions are mostly "Yes, War3 is dead" then I will not make a map. If the opinions are mostly "No, War3 is not dead." then I will consider creating a map.
P.S. Leave a note on what type of map you want me to create.
P.S.S I will not be voting.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I'm an avid tower defense player. Always enjoyed a good tower defense, and I always enjoyed the unique variations amongst them. I'd love to see another great one (I think Wintermaul is what really got me started on them, but I feel like I played Gem TD more than any of them). I think that the mazing aspect is important in these, and I've always been fond of the choice to make their pathing visible (i.e., the places you have them move to to get from the spawn point to the finish point). I think another really important thing to consider would be making spells that you can unlock or already have with either a mana cost or a cooldown, and careful timing can help to make or break a round. I think adding that extra bit of skill and finesse in there gives it a lot more depth than just building towers in the right combinations.

But yeah, I still look at Warcraft 3 as one of my top 3 favorite computer games ever, so in my eyes it ain't dead and it never will be.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Have A large amount of the People moved on to other games, or the majority of the dota players, I would say yes.

Is warcraft 3 dead? I guess its what you define "Dead". Warcraft 3 was really my game. Of all the games I played, I put in a lot of time in it, Lots of standard war3, lots of custom games, lots of dota, lots of moding.

For me, I would like to move on and play dota elseware. And I would like to play custom games on starcraft 2. But warcraft 3 still has a lot of really good custom games, starcraft 2 is getting there though.

I think its still shrinking in size. But I still have it installed on my computer, Even though I haven't played (aside from just briefly looking around) in about year.

To me its mostly a thing of the past, But I would hate to not to be able to get back on time to time, with friends. But To the world I don't think its dead, just thinned out.

Then again, I haven't played starcraft 2 in a few months. and I love starcraft 2. But I haven't had the time I used too, and am putting the time I do have else were.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Until another game comes around with a comparable map editor War3 will always have a following. The game allows normal users to do incredible things in Game Design with a tool that is included in the price of a game. Granted, it will never get the kind of following or attention that it had in its heyday but until some other tool comes along that provides the experience of actual game design that the Map Editor does, War3 will not die. IMO.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I might start a making a map in world edit... Just a test map to see what you guys think of it. It will be for singleplayer and multiplayer and you will just see how long you can last. I won't make a thread about the map until the vote ends. I'm only planning it and making a test map. :D
Also Fatmankev, add me on warcraft 3 (US.East) (Meriel (<-- Because I felt like it :D))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +3
  • Varine Varine:
    I for one welcome our bot overlords

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.