Warcraft 3 Freeze

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
This is really killing me, please help!

The main problem is that Warcraft 3 will randomly freeze for about 15-20 seconds. It will then unfreeze and I can go back to normal. The computer is fine, as music still plays.

This happens both online and offline. This has nothing to do with graphical intensity because I've had it happen in channels and even the splash screen when you first enter BNET (actually happens a lot at the splash screen, I usually mash C to get to channel fast).

I reinstalled but that didn't fix the problem. All my other games work just fine. I have the latest drivers.

On a side note, the screen occasionally flickers black and when this happens a freeze isn't too far off usually. Also, I've noticed a random drop in performance. Sometimes when testing maps I'll get like 30 fps with nothing going on, the norm being 60. When I get this random fps drop the screen freezes shortly after.

HELP!

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
That might be from your video driver, have you updated it recently, or touched it in any way?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I only had that problem when I misclicked and uninstalled my video drivers. Since warcraft 3 is 3d, it requires them kind of... I'd look at your settings, and/or possible issues.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Could it be the patch?
When the black screen flickers, you can see underwater, and through cliffs right..... the water doesn't show.... its just the dirt under it >.<

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
It certainly could be the new patch...I don't remember when this problem started though.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
well if you reinstalled, as long as the first thing you did wasnt to go to B.net, that means it wasnt the patch..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.