Warcraft 3 hoster pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gravedigger

uh, can someone just tell me how to setup my computer for hosting? Every time I host a match no one ever joins. I even tryed hosting DOTA, I left it their for a day, checked the update thing on the bottom, no one had ever joined, and my friend couldn't find it on the custom game list.

D

DuFFBeeR

the reason behind that is because your firewall from your router is blocking the ports needed to be able to host the Port #'s are 6112 - 6119 either port in the series of ports i mentioned will work. now in order to do that, (and i have no idea who your ISP is or what type of router your using) but if you go into the router options or properties, and click the firewall settings what you need to do is make an exception for the port #'s mentioned above. YOU DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT want to disable your firewall. keep in mind your just making a port exception once that is done try to host. and if it still don't work try the built in firewall feature that XP or other types of windows under the network connections in the Control Panel folder. and find the firewall settings and make an exception in there as well. once thats done, it SHOULD work, if it don't then you didn't do it right and the ports are still being blocked. if you don't know how to adjust it, call your ISP and have them walk you through it. if you don't want to do that. go to the Blizzard Support site about hosting and read more in depth there about Port forwarding (very advanced and not recommended, if you can get the other way to work) good luck

G

Gravedigger

the reason behind that is because your firewall from your router is blocking the ports needed to be able to host the Port #'s are 6112 - 6119 either port in the series of ports i mentioned will work. now in order to do that, (and i have no idea who your ISP is or what type of router your using) but if you go into the router options or properties, and click the firewall settings what you need to do is make an exception for the port #'s mentioned above. YOU DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT want to disable your firewall. keep in mind your just making a port exception once that is done try to host. and if it still don't work try the built in firewall feature that XP or other types of windows under the network connections in the Control Panel folder. and find the firewall settings and make an exception in there as well. once thats done, it SHOULD work, if it don't then you didn't do it right and the ports are still being blocked. if you don't know how to adjust it, call your ISP and have them walk you through it. if you don't want to do that. go to the Blizzard Support site about hosting and read more in depth there about Port forwarding (very advanced and not recommended, if you can get the other way to work) good luck

Just look here. Explains it all very well and it is readable. (No offense to the above post.)

thanks, +rep

A

Arken

But someone minus reps me for doing the work of combining the files? Wow. See, I don't think I'll be helping anyone soon. :banghead: jerks.:banghead:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You shouldn't help people and expect +rep from every person that sees your post. You should help and not expect anything in return, unless you clearly specify

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU ADD POSITIVE REPUTATION TO ME!

then people might think about it. and i wonder who -repped you...

C

cyber_sparta

When I try and run it i get the error.. and its ticking me off now. it says autorefesher.exe has encounterd a probelm and needs to close.. how can i solve this?

C

cyber_sparta

When i try and use my autorefesher it says. "error! autorefesher has encounterd a probelm and needs to close" how may i fix this?

G

Gaz1991

I came across this thread whilst searching for an autorefresher, i could not get this one to work. Therefore i did some searching of the net and came across one that works for me, it is usefull because u can set it to download only game, and can set the amount of time between each refresh http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/tools/466 good luck with this one :D

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Isn't Shadowfrench's custom kicker technically a third party exploit? So, a hack? Aren't hacks not allowed by the WC3 ToS? And also not supported in TH.net?

Well, just what I thought.

Anyways, nice pack,
Knights:cool:

A

alec

i cant "start" autorefresh

Sorry for the long update, im just too fecking lazy, i might update it tomorrow afternoon, still.

GUIDE TO USING AUTOREFRESH

Goddammit why cant people just read?

1 - Start autorefresh
2 - Host a game.

Is it that difficult?

there no way 2 start it so i cant

R

robin95821

rawr

:mad: so anoying i cant seem to find any auto refresh mod none of ur links take me to it come on cant a girl just find a mod wit out going thro 50 million links to find it:mad:

D

DuFFBeeR

here try this out and see if this works, its the autorefresh at least

link removed

A

Ak]GunShot

Yes ladies and gentlemen, for the newb hoster or the expert hoster who needs some extra tools, I present to you:

Warcraft 3 'advanced' hosters pack!

The hosting package will include some stuff:
- ShadowFrench's Customkicker
I don't know in how far the admins allow shadowfrenches tools.. I got all of his and tested them out to see what kind of effects they have and how to discover someone using them...
>This tool allows you to kick people INGAME<

- BanList
I'm still looking for something better... otherwise this is the best, Banlist will have premade ban-settings for kicking, 24hourkicking, permbanning and detailed info,
>This tool allows you to mark/ban people from your custom games for stuff<

- Autorefresher FIXED
Autorefresher FIXED is just like the normal autorefresh, only it prevents the MASS CPU lag (99% on autorefresh, 1 % on other processes) by having added a small command that makes it wait for 2 seconds.
>This autorefreshes your game lobby<

- Tutorials on how to enable wc3 hosting~
This will include how to open ports safely!

- Tutorials on how to be a good host~
Rules you should follow, but not always... even I can be lame sometimes ;)
(To admit, I kicked someone on Island Defence once, for killing me as first when I had no defence.)

If anyone finds any other hosting then filefront post here, I'll add them to the list.

Main link:
Filefront - Wc3HostingPackage
Filefront - Autorefresh FIXED.rar
Fielfront - Autorefresh FIXED.zip

Mirrors:
None yet XD

Last updated: Monday 11:02 1/8 (2007)
ok ty

WindexGlow

Reaction score
To other people: Use google and search around alittle before you start bitching about your laziness.

To the rest of the people who aren't included in the first part because they didn't fall in that area: Personnely I would use an exploit to kick someone who's using an exploit to have an unfair advantage over other players. In short: customkick>no custom kick

Happy citizens that might be armed?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Enough spam.

For questions regarding hosting issues, follow this link.

If your autorefresher doesn't work, get over it; they don't always work. Search for another one :cool:

About other third-party programs: Sorry, we can't help you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.