Warcraft 3 lags BIG TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deus-DK

not sure what causes it... But heres my story.

Recently i formated my system drive, cause of all the junk i had... BEfore that, i had allmost no lag when i was playing on battle.net

I then reinstalled windows xp pro, updated all my drivers, motherboard, gfx, etc etc etc.... Installed the games and apps once again and noticed that warcraft 3 lags the shit out of me... Ex, footmen Frenzy map... 40+ units is like... my screen jumps from one side to another, cant control the mouse etc.

My specs on my comp is the following:

CPU: 3 GHz p4
Ram: 1024
GFX: Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT 256 ram

So im kind of lost... thought maybe some had experiences the same problem or knows something about it... Thx in advance

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
You either need a mouse driver or a graphics driver.

My Computer > 'right click' on white space > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager > Is there anything listed that has an exclamation point or a yellow triangle or something like that beside it?

Reaction score
Well if you have amouse that runs on batteries like mine eich is good because it doesnt have a ball in it, then maybe its running low on batteries. Your omputer may not be up to date or you are missing something warcraft really needs to be working good.

D

Deus-DK

heh listen..

My mouse is a Razor Diamondback with 1600 dpi, no batteries...
My system runs perfect... Oblivion runs smooth, its just warcraft 3 that has problems running correctly... Dunno why, cause my system runs as it should.

So, anyone ?

D

Darthtoast

I actually have the same problem. I just reinstalled Frozen Throne and it just seems to stutter for seconds at a time randomly. Specs if you'd like, using newest drivers etc:
1900+
9700Pro
512MB

It used to run fine no problem, I tried turning down the resolution and detail settings to low and it still does the same thing, just stutters along.

D

Deus-DK

exactly... i tried to reinstall the game to see if it was some bugged update i had... it helped a bit, but it still aint enough... we are talking about up to 6 - 7 seconds in a footy map.... up to 8 seconds on a WMW map... its not what i want... lol

D

Darthtoast

I fixed mine
Start > Run > dxdiag
Go to sound and turn hardware acceleration to full

D

Deus-DK

its allready full... but i dont use sound at all :D so shouldnt be a problem

D

Deus-DK

yeah... the latest... Got same one as the one that comes with oblivion, which i run smoothly

G

gqboy52

im having the exact same problem. i just put together a brand new system. AMD opteron 165. 7900GT card. 2GB ram. the game used to run perfectly on my old system but now i installed it on my new computer and it stutters. its random, sometimes it stutters for just a couple seconds, sometimes for 20 seconds, sometimes it never stops. this problem is so weird! can anyone else help?

F

fratleyslaye

well, the firs ttwo problems i can almost guarantee are not updated drivers. . . 256 ram is minimum requirements and will lagg the computer, the lagg they are explaining is not enough ram behind the computer or graphical lagg, one of them has a decent memory amount, but bad graphics card, and one has good graphics card, but horrible memory. 256ram im gonna assume its sd ram, because u said u got "new" stuff, well sd ram is old business, good ram but can only be stored at 256 at a time, thus leaving u with no more in ur computer then 512. upgrade the ram, it isnt expensive at all. Updating drivers, like if you have nvidia card goto nvidia.com or just google it.

The person who posted last, you must be fibbing about something, because those computer specs are morrree then enough to run 3 wc tft at a time.
Only thing I can think on your dilemna is the graphics card needs to be updated.

Make sure all your devices are completely plugged in also, one time a friend made this beast of a computer, and when he called the local computer store to hook everything up he left the devices not completely plugged in for some reason. He asked me to come over and look at it, took off the side of the tower and looked in and all devices were there, but needed to be pushed in and installed <.<

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
To whoever posted before me, 256MB Video Memory is very good at the moment. He's not talking about his Random Access Memory.

From your first post, it sounds like an internet issue. You can try turning off background processes to see if that will help.

@gqboy First of all, NICE system. And second of all, do any other games "stutter" at all?

Zakyath

Reaction score
How To Not Lag

Mini-tutorial

1. Open Warcraft
2. Enter Options
3. Enter Video
4. Set all special effects, details, etc., to medium or low, and turning off shadows can be VERY helpful

D

Darkwulfv

@zakyath: I don't think turning down video options will do anything. If the first poster can run OBLIVION of all games fine, then turning down WC3 crappy (compared to oblivion's) graphics wont do anything.

From the looks of things, I'd say bad internet connection if this only happens on B.net. The first poster has great specs, so he doesn't need to upgrade nothing. (fratleyslaye, it helps to READ the person's posts before posting yourself. He said he had updated everything. And from what I saw, none of these guys has problems with RAM or video cards.) I would check your internet cables, your router (if your using one), etc. If worst comes to worst, call up your internet provider and request help.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried this: Go to your sound options from the main menu and uncheck the Positional Audio checkbox.

This is listed as one of the main problems during large battles, which you said is where you notice the lag the most.

G

gqboy52

um... yeah. all my specs were true and why the hell would i bother posting on this forum if i was just BSing!? anyway, i have installed ALL of my latest drivers and i have even set all my video settings to medium or low. i have a sound blaster audigy SE card too in case that sheds any light on the situation. i dont know what else to do.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Crtl+Alt+Del> Task Manager> Processes

Delete anything thats over 3,000 besides the game the your running. Be carefull, don't axe anything important. This may help.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Make sure to only delete processes being run by OWNER (You can sort the processses by who's running them. i.e. Local, System, or Owner)

Also, do not end explorer.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.