Status
Not open for further replies.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Hello, TheHelper.Net users.

http://mapcrafting.com

Introduction:

1213482760.png

I'm here to inform you about the Warcraft 3 Mapping Projects happening in recent times. We are a simple Warcraft 3 Map Making group. We will create maps based on Public opinions, and allow Open Source, for other users to learn. Through doing this, we aim to keep the Warcraft community alive, by letting other users learn from our work, to creat even better maps, and not rip offs of current maps, and multiple DotA's.

Status lists will be frequently updated here, and our own forum and website are being set up as we speak (should be done in about 2-3 more days).

Communication: 10%
Team: 80%
Ideas: 55%
Forum: 90%

Staff:

We are currentely on the look out for more staff, as the more the better, and all staff need to agree on a certain communication system (other than the Forum). We have a wide range of staff (see full list below (bottom of post)) and are still on the look out for more to completely improve the Mapping team.

How Does it Work?

Map's will be based around polls, and public ideas/opinions, the Warcraft Mapping Orginization also aim to bring you, what you want, to keep the boredom away, and allow you to play more than one, frequently hosted same game. This, therefore, will allow you to have you say in what we make, so you can learn from our triggers, and still enjoy a fascinating game experience.

Polls will be done on TheHelper.Net and on our own Warcraft 3 Mapping forum, as well as (most probably) the Hive, and other various Warcraft 3 Sites.

Where Do I Come In?

You can help us, by giving general ideas, replying to threads, coming to BETA Test maps hosted at certain times (details will be given on our forum) and taking part in polls.

We rely on your ideas completely, without them, maps won't be up to standard, as the public don't actually have a say in what they want. We will twist and turn your ideas, mixing them together like a potion, as well as adding our own features to make a great experience for you all. We will use custom, un-seen before features, and with the combined knowledge of many of us, we assure maps to be best quality.

When Will We (The Public) Start Getting The Maps?

Well, after giving ideas, participating in polls, and creating the actuall map, which is quite a while away, you will be able to play. Early versions will be quite basic, but later in the games you will notice epic changes throughout the map, and updates will be very frequent. We will start to host the maps as much as we can when they are in there early stages to get feedback off everyone, and we'll also post the maps for you to host them yourself. Games will also be scheduled (official test games) which slots will need to be reserved for.

What If A Terrain Artist Takes Forever?

This should not occur. People of the team will have a specified amount of time to do what they should do (maximum a day over) and if the map isn't posted by then, all their work will be ignored.

Users going on holiday, and users not able to fufill the deadline due to reasons like exams, will not be given the map in the first place, to stop confusion and still create great maps, in a significant time period.

What Now?

We plan, as a group, to get the forum up, and begin activating our first map. At the moment, we are still routing for ideas, so I and other members of the team will be hosting Polls on TheHelper.Net, as well as having daily gatherings and meetings on our own forum (upon completion).

Our group will also be helping other, less experiences users with their own maps, so they can also be a success, and perhaps in future join the Mapping Orginization.

We'll See You Soon!

This, will now become the main thread for all updates and news until futher notice. We look for ideas, information, and suggestions in this thread, and we hope for your opinions.

The Large List:

Team Member Names:
Note: Not all positions are certain, and some staff might be removed/added due to how things work out.

• Diddy – Forum Admin/Triggering/Terrain/Ideas/Storyline/
  • San-D – Advanced Triggers/Forum Moderator/
  • Siretu – Advanced Triggers/
  • jnZ – Advanced Triggers/Terrain/
  • rover2341 – Triggers/
  • Smiley1337 – Ideas/Beta Tester/
  • DogOfHavoc – Writer/Story Lines/Characters/Terrain/
  • DannyBoyDude – Terrain/
  • Noobfitta – Terrain/
  • iPeez – Terrain/Ideas/Forum Mod/
  • X-Maul – Ideas/Beta Tester/
  • BANANAMAN – Ideas/Beta Tester/AI/Triggers/Public Relations/
  • Artificial – Forum Admin/Forum Owner/Forum Manager/
  • 131ackout - Storyline Writer/Ideas/
  • Punwisp - Forum Moderator/
  • Ban-Lord - Forum Moderator/
  • Don - Advanced Trigger/Terrainer/Ideas/
  • TheWrongVine - Forum Moderator/'Grunt-Work'/Terrain/
  • Ricky - Writer/
  • MCR-ELSKER - Forum Moderator/Terrain/Other Handy Things/

Available Positions;

• Forum Moderators
  • Beta Testers
  • Story Line Writers
  • Project Leaders
  • Poll Leaders
  • Team to Public People - Public Relations
  • Public – You don’t need to apply!

Information on each position (except the obvious);

Forum Moderators, will moderate the soon to complete forum, removing spam, going to reported post calls, removing swearing, etc. They will also set up rules yes, not sections, although they can request sections.

Project Leaders, would be leading a certain map, for example, if we start an AoS, a Project Leader would make sure it's handed in on time, staff meet deadlines, etc, and if they don't, they will report it to upper levels. They will also have the chance to check the map, and make sure everything is looking good.

Poll Leaders, will post polls on TheHive, our own forum, TheHelper and Warcraft 3 Campaigns.

Team to Public people, thats one of my nifty ideas... So here goes. They would present team ideas (from team meetings, etc.) to the public in threads, and be like, the public to team communication, for example, if someone suggests an idea to them, via PM, they will pass it on to the team, and it will be discussed futher if the TtP person thinks it's neccesary/a good idea.

Public, yes, it means you just give ideas and thoughts when you feel like it. Oh, and yes, you don't apply for a full time, deadline job, it's just general, post here, there, give us ideas, sleep for a day, back again, go on holiday for a few weeks, come back, etc.

Things Still Needed;

• Map Ideas
  • Name for Warcraft 3 Map Organization

Map Ideas:

• Multiplayer Strategy RPG
  • One Map with Every Type of Game Possible
  • Mini Games
  • Ultimate Time-Killer
  • Some Kind of Strategy

Name Ideas (For Warcraft 3 Mapping Orginization):

• Clan DFSB - Die From Sea Breeze
  • Clan SS - Silver 'S'
  • Clan WCMU - Warcraft Mapping United
  • Clan EoTW - The Editors of The World
  • Clan MotWE - Masters of the World Editor
  • Clan MoD - Mods of Disaster
  • Clan MPG - Mapper - Pros and Gamer
  • Clan NoW - Nagas on Welfare
  • Clan IE - Interwebs Extraordinaires
  • Clan WMFF - Will Mod For Food
  • Clan WEOY - World Editor Ownz You
  • Clan MEOW - Mapping Experts of Warcraft III
  • Clan W3/WWW - Warcraft III World Editor Wizards
  • Clan MMORPG - Mapping Masters of the Rebellion Playing Games
  • Clan POW - Players of Warcraft III
  • Clan MOD - Mappers of Domination
  • Clan MART - MAppers of the Round Table
  • Clan CoW - Crusaders of Warcraft
  • Clan W3K - Warcraft III Knights
  • Clan MAW - Mapping Artists of Warcraft III
  • World Editor Connoiseurs
  • Clan Warcraft III Mapping Maestros
  • [Country Name] Warcraft III Mapping Academy (example; Philippine Warcraft III Mapping Academy)
  • Clan Mapcraft
  • Clan Pwnage!

Names That Got Elected

• Clan Mapcraft
  • Clan SMaRT - Super Mappers of the Round Table
  • Clan WMFF - Will Mod For Food
  • Clan WWW/W3 - Warcraft 3 World Editor Wizards
  • Clan MoD - Mappers/Mods of Disaster
  • Clan PoW - Players of Warcraft
  • Clan WEoY - World Editor Owns You
  • Clan MEoW - Mapping Experts of Warcraft
  • Clan W3E - Warcraft 3 Editors
  • Clan EotW - Editors of the World
  • Clan NoW - Nagas on Welfare
  • Clan CoW - Crusaders of Warcraft

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Poll Results

Poll 1:
Note: This poll is not complete yet.

See this thread and;
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86849
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=100922

Add them up for the scores.

Poll 2:
Note: This poll is complete.

Clan Mapcraft has won the vote, and is now the name of our Organization.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I will update this post frequently so you can keep checking back and recieve full information and news.

Regards,
James, Warcraft 3 Mapping Orginization.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
This post looks GREAT! You really compiled everything we talked about in one thread.

.... I liked the WMFF(Will modd/map for food) idea. Maybe that's just me.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this, perhaps even my sons and daughters will carry on the tradition, up until we force blizzard to create Warcraft IV.

Hopefully it will all go well, and even through hard times our maps will seek to prevail!

Posted at the same time as above. Thank you, for your response, I enjoy hearing any opinions you have. And I assure you, I will make sure it doesn't occur!

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Nice work, my only worry was you talked about "horrific changes" that has a very negative connotation. I'm not trying to nitpick, I just think that could lead to confusion for those unfamiliar with our group.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Nice work, my only worry was you talked about "horrific changes" that has a very negative connotation. I'm not trying to nitpick, I just think that could lead to confusion for those unfamiliar with our group.

Ah, I see what you mean, I'll change that to something else.

Thanks for pointing that out, I like it when people do that. :thup:

Edit: Edited main post.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
What would one do in the posistion "Forum Moderators"? Moderate spam and stuff, or set up differnt sections and rules? Or both?

What would "Project Leaders" be doing? More information on that would be nice. Same with "Poll Leaders".

"Team to Public People"? What does that mean?
"Public – You don’t need to apply!" Means we just give things when we feel like it but dont apply for a full time job or offical team member?

What does the Artificial in "Forum } Artificial" Mean?

Sorry for the hoards of questions. Anyways, Goodluck, Im not sure this will turn out very good though.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Bring on the polls.

O ya, So is there a certrian time we are gonna get on the skcape?

WCMU - Warcraft Mapping United is my vote

Edited: For Post Below

I mean i guess its not needed but. it might be useful if most of us got on all at once.
to msg each other in real time to possible speed things along and keep things going.
But not needed

DiDdY

Reaction score
What would one do in the posistion "Forum Moderators"? Moderate spam and stuff, or set up differnt sections and rules? Or both?

What would "Project Leaders" be doing? More information on that would be nice. Same with "Poll Leaders".

"Team to Public People"? What does that mean?
"Public – You don’t need to apply!" Means we just give things when we feel like it but dont apply for a full time job or offical team member?

What does the Artificial in "Forum } Artificial" Mean?

Sorry for the hoards of questions. Anyways, Goodluck, Im not sure this will turn out very good though.

No problem, I'll add all this to the thread and post it here.

Forum Moderators, will moderate the soon to complete forum, removing spam, going to reported post calls, removing swearing, etc. They will also set up rules yes, not sections, although they can request sections.

Project Leaders, would be leading a certain map, for example, if we start an AoS, a Project Leader would make sure it's handed in on time, staff meet deadlines, etc, and if they don't, they will report it to upper levels. They will also have the chance to check the map, and make sure everything is looking good.

Poll Leaders, will post polls on TheHive, our own forum, TheHelper and Warcraft 3 Campaigns.

Okay, Team to Public people, thats one of my nifty ideas... So here goes. They would present team ideas (from team meetings, etc.) to the public in threads, and be like, the public to team communication, for example, if someone suggests an idea to them, via PM, they will pass it on to the team, and it will be discussed futher if the TtP person thinks it's neccesary/a good idea.

Public, yes, it means you just give ideas and thoughts when you feel like it. Oh, and yes, you don't apply for a full time, deadline job, it's just general, post here, there, give us ideas, sleep for a day, back again, go on holiday for a few weeks, come back, etc.

Forum } Artificial, just means that artificial is doing the sections with a } next to them.

rover2341 said:
Bring on the polls.

O ya, So is there a certrian time we are gonna get one the skcape?

What do you mean...?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Thats what I would do. I wouldn't mind being a moderator untill you find sombody else if you need moderators fast, But not as a permanent job.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Thats what I would do. I wouldn't mind being a moderator untill you find sombody else if you need moderators fast, But not as a permanent job.

Moderator doesn't need to be that permanent at the moment, especially as at first we won't have many people. So, if you want, when the forums up you can moderate a certain section.

Magoiche

Reaction score
Good!
It's not everyday that we see things like this.
I loved it =D

I would love even more if you work only on a expecifc type of map and be a master in this type =D
I don't know any good map of strategy. You would make them =D
Things like spies, missions, rallys like Samurai Warriors =D

Good Luck!

DiDdY

Reaction score
Good!
It's not everyday that we see things like this.
I loved it =D

I would love even more if you work only on a expecifc type of map and be a master in this type =D
I don't know any good map of strategy. You would make them =D
Things like spies, missions, rallys like Samurai Warriors =D

Good Luck!

Thanks a bunch. :)
Well, I suppose some of the team might stick to a map type, but still, some people might not like that type, so it'd be good to make other types as well.

Some extra ideas for one of the first maps:

Daskunk said:
From nothing, clear terrian, set up houses, build skyscrapers, constuct roads! Set up yout own city, from nothing, and maintain it! You must provide food, make laws and rules, provide entertainment, pay you police to keep thugs down, but dont hire to many cops, people dont like lots of cops and police so that cant do anything with being watched! Keep litering down so it will be a nice clean city, but dont make people get huanted by cleaning men, or make people who smoke angery that they cant smoke. Dont starve your people! Dont let them get bored! Make sure fires get taken care of, and people brung to the hospital! Ceep people content and happy.... But do you have the money too? You must set taxes high to get money to keep them happy... But high taxes make them mad!

Dont forget! Angery unhappy people leave. People die. People just generaly leave.

So.... Build more buildings, for more people to come in, add more entertainment and many other things to make people come! Play with your freinds and see who can get more people before a new govener comes along to replace you! All this and much more!

Daskunk said:
Unlike sim city, this heads for a great small place, not a big one. Takes less time to play.

In this, you control each person in your town, rather than make laws and rules, and hire people and chout commands from above, like sim city. If someones hungery, send him to eat yourself! People do act on there own, but not as fast and not as fun as if you were. IN this, rather than building more you upgrade and improve things you have. In this, no skyscrapers. Just Straw huts and farms! Rather than makeing the city attracrive to get more people, people are born into faimilys. Watch original faimilys grow, soon to have great great great great great great grandsons. More multi player based, declare war on other small towns, ect.

I really like the second, keep posting, voting on the polls, and replying to team member posts!

punwisp

Reaction score
Well, I used to moderate sites and be admins, so I have Experiance in those areas, at the moment im only interested in being a perma mod, all around if possible. I'm not one of those people who abuse there powers either, when I mod, I'm fair and I enforce the rules, I don't troll either. I don't make excuses or exceptions for pple I know or something to get out of trouble.

For now being a forum mod is what I'm interested in, a all section mod(Being able to mod all sections)

I Get plenty of time to do such modding, I'm also good with designing all the unit making crap(You know when making a unit? in object editor).

DiDdY

Reaction score
Well, I used to moderate sites and be admins, so I have Experiance in those areas, at the moment im only interested in being a perma mod, all around if possible. I'm not one of those people who abuse there powers either, when I mod, I'm fair and I enforce the rules, I don't troll either. I don't make excuses or exceptions for pple I know or something to get out of trouble.

For now being a forum mod is what I'm interested in, a all section mod(Being able to mod all sections)

I Get plenty of time to do such modding, I'm also good with designing all the unit making crap(You know when making a unit? in object editor).

Okay, welcome to the team, I'll PM you.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I bet I can assist in this project, I'm mostly just searching for a moderator position though. I'm an astriving ActionScript / C++ Programmer, and I obviously know how to use the World Editor.

DiDdY

Reaction score
I bet I can assist in this project, I'm mostly just searching for a moderator position though. I'm an astriving ActionScript / C++ Programmer, and I obviously know how to use the World Editor.

What can I say, welcome to the team?

I'll PM you. :)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
We need to get Xfire So as to make the communication between team members much easier. (Also so that we can talk while we're in different games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.