Discussion Warcraft 3: Resources other than Mana?

Black.k.9

Reaction score
This is probably a reducioulous and impossible question.

Is there any way to Make different heroes have different Resources other than Mana, like Rage or Skill?

On top of that, if there is: is there a way to change the Tooltip of an Attribute based on the Ability Resource they use.

I.e:

Int:
Every Point increases Skill regen by 0.2.
Every Point increases Skill refund by 0.25%.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
You won't be able to change the attribute tooltip, but you can still give your character Rage or Skill or w/e (I'm guessing you're a LoL player, right?) by just changing the hero's mana values. For example, keeping maximum mana at 100 and giving the character a high mana regeneration can act as Energy (think Zed); set mana regen to zero and only give your hero mana by using triggers (like when they attack an enemy and deal damage) can simulate Rage.

To stop Intelligence from messing up your system, set the Hero's Intelligence per Level to 0, then figure out some way of keeping the hero from buying intelligence-boosting items (such as not having any).

Just a thought ;)

Black.k.9

Reaction score
Well I got a tip from a friend to use mods and invisible item slots to simulate the background programming. The other thing he said was to try and use Valve's source engine to mod DotA 2.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
We also have a Dota2 editor help forum here, perhaps you will find some more information about that there.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
You can also set the effects of intelligence such that it does not provide any regeneration/etc. via the gameplay constants

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.