Warcraft 3 Terrain

thetracker3

Reaction score
OK, this is less of a problem, and more of a question. So in my map, I've got this area, and I want it to be like a plain, or flatland, or something like that, but I don't want it to be barren. I want there to be a bit of life. Can anyone give some advice?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved the thread to the World Editor Help Forum.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Some small subtle hills here and there, some shrubs and bushes, maybe one or two rocks every now and then.
If you place doodads, make sure their sizes arent too big but rather small, if a road is going through, give it a fence at some point or another.
A small pond somewhere might fit as well, one or two trees or maybe just a trunk on the ground.

thetracker3

Reaction score
Thanks, i added in some of the things you suggested, and it looks 100 times better than flat, featureless terrain. There is one thing I'm still unsure about, and its how to work the terrain to make the pond look better, so far, i just used the shallow water tool, and made a bunch of ramps around its edges, to make it slopped in, but that doesn't always work (because there's still the "cliffs" that make it... odd) and it kinda looks bad with the cliffs. So, if you could give me a few pointers about the pond, it'd be much appreciated.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
You could always decrease the land with the 'Lower' tool in the terrain editor then add waterfalls. Make sure the bottom value is set to 0 (I think it's the bottom value). The cliffs won't show, unless you make it badly :p.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the shallow water tool for a far larger area then the pond is in size, make one huge rectangular of shallow water.
If the shape of the shallow water is rectangular you can use the ramp tool much easier to cover the whole edge and make the cliffs disappear.

Then you can use the "raise land" tool to raise the terrain around the pond back to normal level and only leave the small area of the pond in the water. You can make the water look pretty good this way.
For a pond, add some rocks at the edges, maybe a tree or a trunk as well.
Put either a few well placed sea roses in the center of the pond or alot of rushes throughout the pond.

thetracker3

Reaction score
thanks, that really helped a lot. I'm never going anywhere else for help with Warcraft world editor. you guys here are awesome. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.