Warcraft 3 : TFT Making a TOWER DEFENSE

hortonofdoom

Reaction score
Hello.

Having some issues makin a TD, i controll the spawning everything is fine blabla, anyway when the creeps get 2 many it seems, they start to move to other locations, not the regions ive pointed for them to go, its just utter chaos.

Anyone have any info about unit limit or something.

and also about lives, how do you make your team lose a life once a creep hit the ending region. i only have explode as a action on that trigger. What should you have to get loss of life. and how do i get the box in the right upper corner that keeps me updated on the lifes you have left.

I think i have more questions , just cant reach them in my head just yet.

Anyway thanks for reading , will help my editing alot ;)

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Warcraft 3 is a pretty old game, and so does not support hordes of units. I don't know the exact numbers, but I believe it has problems handling more than 100 units at once. It depends on how detailed the units are as well.
If you have mass unit spawns and order them all to move at once, they screw up and stops here and there or move wrong places.

You control lives by making an Integer variable. An Integer means a whole number (eg. 1, 2, 3...), and should do well for Life-counter.
At the beginning you set the variable to the amount of lives the players should have, and whenever a creep runs through, you make the variable do a "Variable = (Variable - 1)" action.

Remember to display the variable to the players so they know how many lives they have left.

Hope that helps.

Ticer

Reaction score
If your ordering them to move to places via triggers, the "pick every unit in region and order picked unit to move here" (not exact wording) trigger can only handle 12 units at a time. Might need to make a MUI single target trigger that fires every time a unit enters a region, or set a unit group to a variable and order them that. Not sure if the latter idea will work though, just kinda gotta fiddle around with things I guess. Maybe look at the triggers for another TD map and see what they did.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.