Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
I am not basing much of my lore on WoW, only some, sorry but the truth is that WoW never truly followed the story properly, if they ever make a real Warcraft 4 it will completely ignore WoW's lore because so many people do not like the WoW storyline. On the note of using WoW models, i thought of that but im not sure if im allowed, i was thinking of using the Flesh Golem for the Abominating Executioner.

its the real lore ^^ Illidan; Keal'thas sunstrider and lady vach (the naga sea witch) invaded the black citadel whit a group of dreanei to hide for kill'jaeden.
the few remaining Fell Orcs fled somewhere in Hellfire to some other demon's
alas kill'jeaden found illidan and orderd him once again to destroy the Frozen throne. this made illidan travel back to azaroth and go to northrend. it is there that the death knight arthas defeated illidan in a final battle for the throne and the lich king's Power. The Moment following on that the dreanei travelled back to shattarat the city of the naaru. thei prepared a ship called exodar and a small group left the outlands to later crash on azaroth.
and the WoW models its not realy stealing its yust using it in one of their other games ^^. dont think thei mind it.
i mean you wanna use those ugly dreanei models thei use on w3??? dont think so

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
its the real lore ^^ Illidan; Keal'thas sunstrider and lady vach (the naga sea witch) invaded the black citadel whit a group of dreanei to hide for kill'jaeden.
the few remaining Fell Orcs fled somewhere in Hellfire to some other demon's
alas kill'jeaden found illidan and orderd him once again to destroy the Frozen throne. this made illidan travel back to azaroth and go to northrend. it is there that the death knight arthas defeated illidan in a final battle for the throne and the lich king's Power. The Moment following on that the dreanei travelled back to shattarat the city of the naaru. thei prepared a ship called exodar and a small group left the outlands to later crash on azaroth.
and the WoW models its not realy stealing its yust using it in one of their other games ^^. dont think thei mind it.
i mean you wanna use those ugly dreanei models thei use on w3??? dont think so

2 things...

1. Most of that is WoW lore and WoW lore never followed the Warcraft Lore. They had to mess it up or the game would be unfair for Horde or Alliance, they had to blanace it out a bit. On Warcraft Lore the normal Draeni don't live in Outland (shattarah) they never even created it. They live on another planet some where, the ones that are there are the Broken ones that were curropted.

2. Please, i know your trying your best but when you tell some one they are doing something wrong speak clear and proper english.

Now anyway, this project has really got my attention. actually I LUV IT. I did find out that there is no chance Blizzard are making War 4... It made me basically cry... they are creating another diablo and then working on WoW expansion pack so the lore for Warcraft is really all yours. Just don't go too far out of the boundrys, i don't think that illidan will marry Arthas and give birth to a cow. Just an example... If you EVER need any help i would love to help u, im a great terrainer and GUI triggers are my other special area AND i love writing out lores and text. Doubt you need that now but if you do find anything you need help with PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
2. Please, i know your trying your best but when you tell some one they are doing something wrong speak clear and proper english.

Not speak. Type! :D

So, what is the status of this map so far? Still in planning?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Not speak. Type! :D

So, what is the status of this map so far? Still in planning?

Guess so....sound's like an intrieguing map

Jolly, have you heard of Accname is well...anytime before BoW was givven to me ?I have not forgotten about the map.But i ahve lost connection with accname....

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Off-topic: I have not heard of Accname at all, Bloodcount. Perhaps something terrible has happened? Please continue this in PMs next time. :)

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
2 things...

1. Most of that is WoW lore and WoW lore never followed the Warcraft Lore. They had to mess it up or the game would be unfair for Horde or Alliance, they had to blanace it out a bit. On Warcraft Lore the normal Draeni don't live in Outland (shattarah) they never even created it. They live on another planet some where, the ones that are there are the Broken ones that were curropted.

First off all Ow yzes the dreanei lived there shure thei did onlyits called dreanor before the called outlands after. they might not live in hellfire but hei shure lived there...
second i diddent say thei made shatarah i said the naaru did...
and last but not least. the dreanei never whrere currupted thei where ensalved and locked in the black citadel. it was the Orc race who where currupted! after thei where currupted the Orc's Atacked the peacfull dreanei enslaving them that is how it is and alwyas will be.

Around the time of Medivh's birth on Azeroth, Kil'jaeden the Deceiver sat and brooded amongst his followers within the Twisting Nether. The cunning demonlord, under orders of his master, Sargeras, was plotting the Burning Legion's second invasion of Azeroth. This time he would not allow any mistakes. Kil'jaeden surmised that he needed a new force to weaken Azeroth's defenses before the Legion even set foot upon the world. If the mortal races, such as the night elves and dragons, were forced to contend with a new threat, they would be too weak to pose any real resistance when the Legion's true invasion arrived.

It was at this time that Kil'jaeden discovered the lush world of Draenor floating peacefully within the Great Dark Beyond. Home to the shamanistic, clan-based orcs and the peaceful draenei, Draenor was as idyllic as it was vast. The noble orc clans roamed the open prairies and hunted for sport, while the inquisitive draenei built crude cities within the world's towering cliffs and peaks. Kil'jaeden knew that Draenor's denizens had great potential to serve the Burning Legion if they could be cultivated properly.

Of the two races, Kil'jaeden saw that the warrior orcs were more susceptible to the Legion's corruption. He enthralled the elder orc shaman, Ner'zhul, in much the same way that Sargeras brought Queen Azshara under his control in ages past. Using the cunning shaman as his conduit, the demon spread battle lust and savagery throughout the orc clans. Before long, the spiritual race was transformed into a bloodthirsty people. Kil'jaeden then urged Ner'zhul and his people to take the last step: to give themselves over entirely to the pursuit of death and war. Yet the old shaman, sensing that his people would be enslaved to hatred forever, somehow resisted the demon's command.

Frustrated by Ner'zhul's resistance, Kil'jaeden searched for another orc who would deliver his people into the Legion's hands. The clever demonlord finally found the willing disciple he sought - Ner'zhul's ambitious apprentice, Gul'dan. Kil'jaeden promised Gul'dan untold power in exchange for his utter obedience. The young orc became an avid student of demonic magic and developed into the most powerful mortal warlock in history. He taught other young orcs the arcane arts and strove to eradicate the orcs' shamanistic traditions. Gul'dan showed a new brand of magic to his brethren, a terrible new power that reeked of doom.

Kil'jaeden, seeking to tighten his hold over the orcs, helped Gul'dan found the Shadow Council, a secretive sect that manipulated the clans and spread the use of warlock magics throughout Draenor. As more and more orcs began to wield warlock magics, the gentle fields and streams of Draenor began to blacken and fade. Over time, the vast prairies the orcs had called home for generations withered away, leaving only red barren soil. The demon energies were slowly killing the world.

Rise of the Horde

The orcs became increasingly aggressive under the secret control of Gul'dan and his Shadow Council. They constructed massive arenas where the orcs honed their warrior skills in trials of combat and death. During this period, a few clan chieftains spoke out against the growing depravity in their race. One such chieftain, Durotan of the Frostwolf clan, warned against the orcs' losing themselves to hate and fury. His words fell on deaf ears, however, as stronger chieftains such as Grom Hellscream of the Warsong clan stepped forward to champion the new age of warfare and dominance.

Kil'jaeden knew that the orc clans were almost ready, but he needed to be certain of their ultimate loyalty. In secret, he had the Shadow Council summon Mannoroth the Destructor, the living vessel of destruction and rage. Gul'dan called the clan chieftains together and convinced them that drinking Mannoroth's raging blood would make them utterly invincible. Led by Grom Hellscream, all the clan chiefs except Durotan drank and thereby sealed their fates as slaves to the Burning Legion. Empowered by Mannoroth's rage, the chieftains unwittingly extended this subjugation to their unsuspecting brethren.

Consumed with the curse of this new bloodlust, the orcs sought to unleash their fury on any who stood before them. Sensing that the time had come, Gul'dan united the warring clans into a single unstoppable Horde. However, knowing that the various chieftains like Hellscream and Orgrim Doomhammer would vie for overall supremacy, Gul'dan set up a puppet warchief to rule over this new Horde. Blackhand the Destroyer, a particularly depraved and vicious orc warlord, was chosen to be Gul'dan's puppet. Under Blackhand's command, the Horde set out to test itself against the simple draenei.

Over the course of a few months, the Horde eradicated nearly every draenei living on Draenor. Only a scattered handful of survivors managed to evade the orcs' awesome wrath. Flushed with victory, Gul'dan reveled in the Horde's power and might. Still, he knew that without any enemies to fight, the Horde would consume itself with endless infighting in its unstoppable appetite for glorious slaughter.

Kil'jaeden knew that the Horde was finally prepared. The orcs had become the Burning Legion's greatest weapon. The cunning demon shared his knowledge with his waiting master, and Sargeras agreed that the time of his revenge had finally come.

If you read this it wil be clear :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Accname... is dead.

Well, can't wait for this!

Dark Ruler, did you just copy and paste that from somewhere? lol, :D.

Accname is not dead (I think)! If you didn't catch on by now...

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys
and of course the statues are only in planning, no point in making when you have planned nothing.
Sorry Dark Ruler but most of the stuff in WoW did not happen, WoWs lore was never right, like duderock101 said, they only made it so they could balance the horde and Alliance out. In the real Warcraft, the Orcs weren't in an Alliance with the Undead i mean seriously the Orcs are GOOD, and they always hated the Undead. The Dranei look nothing like they did in Warcraft 3, and they were never from the Outland.

punwisp

Reaction score
2 things...

Now anyway, this project has really got my attention. actually I LUV IT. I did find out that there is no chance Blizzard are making War 4... It made me basically cry... they are creating another diablo and then working on WoW expansion pack so the lore for Warcraft is really all yours. Just don't go too far out of the boundrys, i don't think that illidan will marry Arthas and give birth to a cow. Just an example... If you EVER need any help i would love to help u, im a great terrainer and GUI triggers are my other special area AND i love writing out lores and text. Doubt you need that now but if you do find anything you need help with PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

To the bolded part, they have already hinted in multiple blizzard reviews that warcraft 4 will more then likely be next after the the teams are done with the next games... If Blizzard didn't OFFICIALLY say there through with it, it will continue, doesn't matter if it makes less then WoW, of thats the case then they wouldn't have made diablo 3 or SC2. All there franchises will continue unless they specifically say there done...FACT, thats how companies like blizzard work. Just look in any review asking about warcraft 4, they have hinted it will prob be there next project, they never said they weren't going to make it.

Lot of people think they won't because of WoW, WoW has nothing to do with it, warcraft split into 2 franchises... RTS warcraft and MMO warcraft... They will continue both... If anyone knows about companies, they would know unless they say there done, there not done. And they wont let us hardcore RTS guys hanging.

Now back on topic for me:D

Horde are good yes, but so are the forsaken... They are technically good but remember there undead =P, don't forget the fact humans hate the undead and will kill them, and almost killed the rest of the BE. The horde and Forsaken distrust each other, but have a common goal, so theres nothing wrong there. The forsake despise some of the other races yes, but not for the wrong reasons.. If you know the lore and played the games, most used to be High Elves, and we know what happend. One of the things I DO disagree on is the Blood Elves being in the Horde, seeing how trolls hate Elves in general(Mostly forest trolls but still) I could see them as a neutral faction but there story makes sense to a degree.

Going with some of the lore is fine, its just the other useless and dumb crap you shouldnt add, a example is muridan being alive... Which he CLEARLY died and contradicts what happend in wc3 and takes out the purpose. Because of the the sacrifices arthas had to make is his good friend muridan.

Dark ruler, they were corrupted, most of the Dreanei infact are corrupted minions that fill most of the burning Legions army, they all used to be called Ereder, which is what Archimonde and Kil'jaedin was. After the orcs screwed up the planet more, lot of the Dreanei there were transformed into the broken and the lost... Which part of both were corrupted in other ways.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Great lore discussion going on. I cant join it since my lore sucks. Anyways, a message for kingbdogz:

Get done with 0.04 in one war. I'm waiting for it darn it! I can't continue my own project right now and the progress is slow(Wotlk came out today!)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Hehe sorry seritu, what would you rather, get 0.04 out now? or get it out with the mission and cinematic with a little more content. It's up to you really, progress is slow on the mission since i have had little time to contact thewrongvine (hes in america and im in australia), especially when hes always off when im on msn or aim.

Dark Ruler

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys
and of course the statues are only in planning, no point in making when you have planned nothing.
Sorry Dark Ruler but most of the stuff in WoW did not happen, WoWs lore was never right, like duderock101 said, they only made it so they could balance the horde and Alliance out. In the real Warcraft, the Orcs weren't in an Alliance with the Undead i mean seriously the Orcs are GOOD, and they always hated the Undead. The Dranei look nothing like they did in Warcraft 3, and they were never from the Outland.

ok spry but the Outlands is a part of the planet dreanor that got ripped apart by the conflict whit the burning legion... Now look dreanor dreanei... omfg think and read the fucking story!!!
i never said the Orcs where whit the undead. ofcourse thei r not... thei fought em at hajal i dont know wy you guys keep saying about WoW lore im talking about real lore read my post like thei are dont make fantasy's the WoW game isent based on the lore but thei did place the real lore in their site! read it and you wil see im right! omfg

here is story part of dreanor:
The Invasion of Draenor
Warcraft 2X: Beyond the Dark Portal

As the fires of the Second War died down, the Alliance took aggressive steps to contain the orcish threat. A number of large internment camps, meant to house the captive orcs, were constructed in southern Lordaeron. Guarded by both the paladins and the veteran soldiers of the Alliance, the camps proved to be a great success. Though the captive orcs were tense and anxious to do battle once more, the various camp wardens, based at the old prison-fortress of Durnholde, kept the peace and maintained a strong semblance of order.

However, on the hellish world of Draenor, a new orcish army prepared to strike at the unsuspecting Alliance. Ner'zhul, the former mentor of Gul'dan, rallied the remaining orc clans under his dark banner. Aided by the Shadowmoon clan, the old shaman planned to open a number of portals on Draenor that would lead the Horde to new, unspoiled worlds. To power his new portals, he needed a number of enchanted artifacts from Azeroth. To procure them, Ner'zhul reopened the Dark Portal and sent his ravenous servants charging through it.

The new Horde, led by veteran chieftains such as Grom Hellscream and Kilrogg Deadeye (of the Bleeding Hollow clan), surprised the Alliance defense forces and rampaged through the countryside. Under Ner'zhul's surgical command, the orcs quickly rounded up the artifacts that they needed and fled back to the safety of Draenor.

King Terenas of Lordaeron, convinced that the orcs were preparing a new invasion of Azeroth, assembled his most trusted lieutenants. He ordered General Turalyon and the archmage, Khadgar, to lead an expedition through the Dark Portal to put an end to the orcish threat once and for all. Turalyon and Khadgar's forces marched into Draenor and repeatedly clashed with Ner'zhul's clans upon the ravaged Hellfire Peninsula. Even with the aid of the high elf Alleria Windrunner, the dwarf Kurdran Wildhammer, and the veteran soldier Danath Trollbane, Khadgar was unable to prevent Ner'zhul from opening his portals to other worlds.

Ner'zhul finally opened his portals to other worlds, but he did not foresee the terrible price he would pay. The portals' tremendous energies began to tear the very fabric of Draenor apart. As Turalyon's forces fought desperately to return home to Azeroth, the world of Draenor began to buckle in upon itself. Grom Hellscream and Kilrogg Deadeye, realizing that Ner'zhul's mad plans would doom their entire race, rallied the remaining orcs and escaped back to the relative safety of Azeroth.

On Draenor, Turalyon and Khadgar agreed to make the ultimate sacrifice by destroying the Dark Portal from their side. Though it would cost their lives, and the lives of their companions, they knew that it was the only way to ensure Azeroth's survival. Even as Hellscream and Deadeye hacked their way through the human ranks in a desperate bid for freedom, the Dark Portal exploded behind them. For them, and the remaining orcs on Azeroth, there would be no going back.

Ner'zhul and his loyal Shadowmoon clan passed through the largest of the newly created portals, as massive volcanic eruptions began to break Draenor's continents apart. The burning seas rose up and roiled the shattered landscape as the tortured world was finally consumed in a massive, apocalyptic explosion.

here is the link whit real lore: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter1.html
dont think quz its on warcraft site its the WoW lore no it starts whit the titans creating planets and goes further until the creating of the lich king! this is the real story and if you dont beleive me wel then beleive blizzard! i think thei know the story better than anyone here!

Toriad

Reaction score
I dunno about that, from what i've heard everywhere, the WoW site has the lore that leads up to WoW, there are books and shit for this though. Although you could always just go buy Warcraft 1 2 and 3. and play through them all I'm sure that would clear it up.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
ok spry but the Outlands is a part of the planet dreanor that got ripped apart by the conflict whit the burning legion... Now look dreanor dreanei... omfg think and read the fucking story!!!
i never said the Orcs where whit the undead. ofcourse thei r not... thei fought em at hajal i dont know wy you guys keep saying about WoW lore im talking about real lore read my post like thei are dont make fantasy's the WoW game isent based on the lore but thei did place the real lore in their site! read it and you wil see im right! omfg

here is the link whit real lore: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/chapter1.html
dont think quz its on warcraft site its the WoW lore no it starts whit the titans creating planets and goes further until the creating of the lich king! this is the real story and if you dont beleive me wel then beleive blizzard! i think thei know the story better than anyone here!

First of all, fix your grammar it's a mess. I could hardly read anything. Second, that IS WoW lore, all that Lore is based on Warcraft 1, 2, and 3 but changed so it can fit in with WoW. Anyway, just because it's from blizzard doesn't mean it's real, im sure alot of people would not like the WoW lore used in Warcraft 4 when they make it.

punwisp

Reaction score

No offense but please us better grammar and spelling.. its they not thei... If you have firefox please use spell check! Just go to WoW wiki it will give you very good lore detail on every character and event that has happened in warcraft

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Will there be any "Beta" soon. It might be hard to release a beta of a campagin xD :D

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well not a beta, but im planning on releasing the Cinematic and first mission just to give you a little hype:thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
Hate to break the lore discussion, but I had an idea, and well, I don't know a damn thing about lore.

Don't know if you've decided on a definite storyline for the humans yet, but here's my idea:
The last pocket of humans is seeking refuge somewhere(underground or on top of a mountain, whatever works best). Along the way they encounter the last guardians of humanity, paladins of sorts. These paladins have been frozen(or sleeping, again, whatever works best) for ages, holding secrets of eons past. They know of other sleeping human allies which can aid the last of the humans in their fight against the undead and whatnot(work in new units here probably). Make most of the human campaign about obtaining these allies and finding a safe refuge for humans and blah blah blah whatever you will.

Also, I don't know if you've decided on new units just yet, so I've gotta ask, do you have a specific criteria which you're adding? Like, do you plan on adding an extra caster for each race, or maybe a tank, or whatever? Personally, I'd like to see a sort of tier 2 melee unit, another caster, and another tank unit where the races have gaps(orcs don't have an air tank...). And of course, a new hero for each race. We all love heroes.

Just suggestions brooding around, use them if you want. Regardless, I can't wait for this map to come out, I've been digging a new campaign besides playing the WC3 campaigns over and over, its getting really boring.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Great storyline idea, i will use it thanks! There will be alot of new units, here are the new Human units so far:

Units:
Dwarven Warrior - Blacksmith
Gnomish Rifleman - Blacksmith
Steam Fortress - Workshop - It can hold units and "Sell" Footman.
Siege Kronous - Workshop - its so large it can only be built once and crushes the Workshop when built.

Heroes:
Archsorcerer - Altar Of Kings - It's like a fire version of the Archmage (and of course its a girl)

Buildings:
Market - Peasant - You can trade gold for lumber - Tier 3
Portal Tower - Peasant - Very slow cool down, does one damage but takes all mana off target. Acts as a support tower.

And alot more will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.