Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was thinking either a limit or they last a certain amount of time. Never should something be able to summon an infinite of a unit without a summon limit - because then you could spawn so many to fill up the entire map.

Your call, king.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>The thing about yours Bloodcount (not only does it have tons of spelling errors) is that the spells have no synergy.

Forgive me, for not wielding the english perfect, eaven though I have been studying it for less then 2 years.
Well, there is synergy, you just have to find it. But, you have to admit my hero is Blizzard styled.

Well I might give it another shot.... support huh? Ok... You've got it.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I was thinking either a limit or they last a certain amount of time. Never should something be able to summon an infinite of a unit without a summon limit - because then you could spawn so many to fill up the entire map.

Your call, king.

You gotta remember though these beetles are very weak and not really worth constant spam. Really, what would you rather do: spam weak beetles that last two seconds OR build worth while units that can wipe out beetles quite easily. The beetles would be more for support. I dunno, I'll try no limit and if it has unbalances here and there I'll give a limit.

captainrads

Reaction score
Hmm...well the way I see this, you have two options:
1. Make the beetles like skeletons. Very massable, have a time limit, and are pretty weak.
2. Or, make them like regular carrion beetles. Have a spawn limit, make them permanent, and generally pretty strong.
Or you could meet somewhere in the middle. I would suggest adding different kinds of spawns though...say! I've got an idea! Make the spawn permanent, but you can have only one at a time. Make the spawn itself something like this:
Carrion Broodmother: Undead venomous spider which can lay eggs. Eggs hatch after a few seconds, spawning Carrion Beetles(or whatever you want the spawn to be). Spawns last 30 seconds. 60 seconds between laying eggs.
The Broodmother itself probably wouldn't be very strong, more like a support unit.

wc3shady

Reaction score
captainrads, I like it, only thing is that the undead are all about swarm. 1 mega carrion beetle doesn't make sense.

captainrads

Reaction score
captainrads, I like it, only thing is that the undead are all about swarm. 1 mega carrion beetle doesn't make sense.
Its more like an extra supportive unit which enables spawns. I guess you could probably skip the broodmother though, it does seem a bit repetitive. I dunno, King's call.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hey king - I'm a bit lost on how you're working your tech-tree out.

I know about the new units - but are you making completely new units? Replacing them all? Or are you adding some?

You should update an actual tech-tree.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Update!

I finished everyone's abilities, finally, but I lost the USB Drive I put it on.... As soon as I find it I'll post the maps the spells are on. (I also included some spells people were talking about.)

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
kingbdogz - Its bee like a month or two, when you need me to create cinematics please PM me, i need the script, what you want to happen, music etc. I don't like having my name in red :(

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Hey king - I'm a bit lost on how you're working your tech-tree out.

I know about the new units - but are you making completely new units? Replacing them all? Or are you adding some?

You should update an actual tech-tree.

Both, I'm adding and replacing old units, just like any other new game. Adding just new units would be like an expansion pack.

Update!

I finished everyone's abilities, finally, but I lost the USB Drive I put it on.... As soon as I find it I'll post the maps the spells are on. (I also included some spells people were talking about.)

Great news, I can't wait :D

kingbdogz - Its bee like a month or two, when you need me to create cinematics please PM me, i need the script, what you want to happen, music etc. I don't like having my name in red

I will very soon, could you send me some of your previous work? Not that it will matter whether you work on the cinematics or not, I just want to see your skill level.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Sure, i can send you a cinematic i've just made, i need email addres tho so i can send it.

sidove

Reaction score
Hey kingbdogz i have a great idea for a critter but it's kinda too realistic but it's kinda cool here is it;

Night Spider (or what so ever)
These spiders are lonely hunters and attack one by one. These spiders can build traps (involving their self into the trap) making they hang from a tree and when a person passes they ensnare him. This how could do the trap and it would look really good; Make the spider to it's death animation and add and remove crow form so it get a height than add like the life drain lightning effect between it's feet and the tree top and when somebody passes it would jump down from the tree and do it's stand animation.

Second thing make it have true sight so it can see invisible units. If you didn't understand the the explanation before then here is a picture how like it should look http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/226/1/4/SpiderMan_Upside_down_by_jack0001.jpg

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Sorry for my absence guys I have been on a trip with my family for a few days.

@iPeez, Right now would be great. Could you do a Northrend map (pretty big) with the top having an Undead base and the bottom black (as in non-traversable) until a quest has been done. The top should be quite detailed with lots of trees and doodads. It should be kinda melee/campaignish in terms of terrain layout. Just do part of the top for now to see what I think. Thanks!

Hey kingbdogz i have a great idea for a critter but it's kinda too realistic but it's kinda cool here is it;

Thats not half bad, I had something like that in mind anyway. I will definentally consider when I get to making the critters.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
>Kingbdogz
I'm working on the map now! Started yesterday!
Which chapter/part/mission does it belongs to?

More ditails please! Any special things? Waterfalls, lakes, etc, which have a special role? :D
Map size?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Until I find that flash-drive I've been working on my rpg a bit. Currently added a new hero.

Zealot - Zha'khuin

Zealous Fury - Units with this buff will regain health equal to 7% health from dying units around it.

Blood Rush - Units attacked by the Zealot will find itself weary and light-headed from the Zealot's rage.

Vaern's Blessing - Call upon the God Vaern to forget all pain and fight with no fears.

Final Breath - When Zha'kuin reaches 5% of his total health he will fight with renewed vigor increasing his health by the total damage dealt until 25% of his original health is regained.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
>Kingbdogz
I'm working on the map now! Started yesterday!
Which chapter/part/mission does it belongs to?

More ditails please! Any special things? Waterfalls, lakes, etc, which have a special role? :D
Map size?

I'm kinda undecided atm so make it how you feel like, whatever looks cool is fine. Although a really cool lake near the undead base would be awesome, and make the water pitch black and maybe undead blight around it. At the top of the map should be a large mountain. Map size should be HUGE, this should be as large as possible because the Forsaken city should be a great size.

Until I find that flash-drive I've been working on my rpg a bit. Currently added a new hero.

Zealot - Zha'khuin

Zealous Fury - Units with this buff will regain health equal to 7% health from dying units around it.

Blood Rush - Units attacked by the Zealot will find itself weary and light-headed from the Zealot's rage.

Vaern's Blessing - Call upon the God Vaern to forget all pain and fight with no fears.

Final Breath - When Zha'kuin reaches 5% of his total health he will fight with renewed vigor increasing his health by the total damage dealt until 25% of his original health is regained.

Nice hero, its abilities are awesome. I hope you find the flash drive soon I am actually up to the point where I can't do anymore without the abilities, everything is balanced and tweaked and really all I'm waiting on is those abilities. When that is done FINALLY a beta will be released. So around about a week after Renendaru's spells come the beta will be released!

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great, just checking in to see how it's going. I lost interest in reading through 2-3 pages of posts a day so now I only check in like once a month. I wonder if you still remember me :rolleyes:. Anyways, can't wait for the beta.

I guess One war is totally paused then?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Looks great, just checking in to see how it's going. I lost interest in reading through 2-3 pages of posts a day so now I only check in like once a month. I wonder if you still remember me :rolleyes:. Anyways, can't wait for the beta.

Of course I can remember you! You were like my first friend on this site xD I wish you would discuss a little more on this thread, but it is of course your choice.

I guess One war is totally paused then?

Ahh One War, it had so much potential. Looking back on those maps my mapping skills have improved a lot. Though to say that particular project is as good as dead (the quality was quite poor and I don't think I'll be remaking it), I might continue it on Starcraft 2, but not until War4 is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.