Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well my and Furby's project is going great!
But i don't want to brag, i can gice you some advice on how work will be getting smoother- Work iwth a partner- wihle you are doing stuff on the object editor he can be doing the trigers.Anyway, if you need any item/spell/unit ideas just tell me.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I can help out with Jass...

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok. Hey guys, I'm new to the Helper, and I logged in specifically to say a few things on Draenor and the lore. punwisp got a lot of it right, but theres more I'd like to say about it, even if I'm a little late to the discussion

First of all, they are Draenei, not Dreanei.

So, when the Burning Legion was early formed, Sargeras was recruiting beings from all sorts of planets to become one of his demons. He eventually came upon Argus, the planet of the Eredar. Here there were three leaders; Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, and Velen. Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde joined the Burning Legion, but Velen didn't and escaped Sargeras's wrath for not joining the legion and decided to call themselves, the non-demon Eredar, Draenei. They eventually found a planet, which they named Draenor. Here, they lived in peace with the Orcs (originally, they were brown, known as the Mag'har), until the Burning Legion came once again. Here, the Orcs joined legion and drank the blood of Mannoroth, but they were not heavily corrupted and their skin only became green, a lesser form of corruption. They killed most of the Draenei, and some of the Draenei were heavily exposed to fel energies. These Draenei became the Broken/Lost Ones. After the Burning Legion attacked Azeroth with the Orcs, the Alliance defended themselves and drove back the demons. During the era sometime between Warcraft II and III, many Orcs were running around in clans (i.e. the Warsong Clan) and many were imprisoned. By now, the Third War (Warcraft III) has begun. We all know how Thrall formed the new Horde, and eventually Grom Hellscream drank Mannoroths blood once again, but this time the fel corruption was so great that the orcs became Fel Orcs with red skin. But, Grom ended up killing Mannoroth, and raising the curse. Now, all the Fel Orcs were freed it seems. But, in Outland (Draenor, when Ner'Zhul opened many portals across Draenor it ripped the planet apart forming Outland), when Illidan raids the Black Temple it seems he killed Magtheridon. Now, in WoW, you can use this or not, Illidan actually locks Magtheridon away under Hellfire Citadel and imprisons a number of Mag'har (the still never corrupted orcs in Outland) and breeds them at Hellfire Citadel, making them drink the blood of Magtheridon along the way, making them Fel Orcs once again. Now, if you don't decide to use any wow lore, there are no more Fel Orcs left. If you use to only use some of it, say the whole Magtheridon is imprisoned and Illidan uses his blood to make Fel Orcs, you still probably wouldn't use a major part of wow lore, the reopening of the Dark Portal, so Fel Orcs couldn't get to Azeroth. And even if you did use all of WoW lore, all the Fel Orcs are in Hellfire Peninsula, and the Dark Portal, heavily blocked by Horde and Alliance forces (they're there, I play WoW), is the only way to get to Azeroth. So, unless you make up your own way that they get to Azeroth, the Fel Orcs would never be in Azeroth.

Now, thanks if you actually read all that... took me forever to write and make sure its all correct.

punwisp

Reaction score
I don't see any mistakes with it, very simple summery of what we were talking about =P.
You forgot to say Grom was tricked into drinking the blood again(not knowing whos it was) Also BLizzard changed the corruption around... So when there corrupted your red not green... Eh its wierd, ignore that part =P.

captainrads

Reaction score
Heroes:
Archsorcerer - Altar Of Kings - It's like a fire version of the Archmage (and of course its a girl)

Is that like...the blood mage? If not, explain it to me a bit.

By the way, had a few hero ideas of my own:
Dwarven Hammersmith: Master of the smith, specializes in hammer based attacks. Can learn Stun Hammer(or something of the like, I can't remember its exact name), Storm Hammer(Lightning Orb), Hammer Flurry(Fan of Knives), and Hammer of Hellforge(Doom, but spawns a robot or something...a hellish robot?).
The General: Supportive commanding hero, can learn Command Aura, Critical Strike, Devotion Aura, and Bladestorm.

Naturally, the names and animations can be tweaked, but you get the general idea.

By the way, I plan on using these in my Elemental Footies Map in the future, so if you decide to use them credit would be nice so nobody accuses either one of us of stealing.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Let me say something about the heroes.

Ok, the Humans have 2 Intellect Heroes, the Archmage and the Blood Mage, and 2 Strength Heroes, the Paladin and the Mountain King. So, why would you have an extra intellect or strength hero? You should do an agility hero.

Maybe... Explorer? Bounty Hunter? Survivalist? I don't got a lot of good ideas atm.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Well, i could add that as the main attribute, the archsorcerer is very fast, fastest hero of all races in fact, which makes her the most mobile. i plan to make a sort of blink ability, but it is not instant.

wc3shady

Reaction score
An Archsorcerer that uses agility? At least change the name. Plus, if all the Human civilizations have been destroyed at the time of their campaign, int heroes dont even match the theme.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
you said no one has offered u help, well here you go. I wanna help you. I luv the idea of this project, please PM if you think im good enough for you. Have a look through what i have already done but please get back to me with PM, i might not check this thread too much.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well, the dwarven hammersmith would definitely be strength, but the general could probably be agility, after all, two of his skills come from the blademaster.

And just for the hell of it, I thought of some new undead units today:
Building: Soul Harvester - Trains Lost Souls and Soul Reapers. Has the Icy Touch, Reaper Training, and Spectral Fire upgrades. Upgraded from Ziggurat or Spirit Tower.
Lost Soul: Tier 2 melee unit, can learn Icy Touch, which gives a cold attack.
Soul Reaper: Caster, can learn raise soul(raise dead with soul summons), soul scramble(purge w/ silence), and Soul Rematerialization(Ancestral Sprit for Lost Souls).
Spectral Fire is either a ghoul frenzy type upgrade or attack/armor bonus upgrade.

Again, probably using these in the Footies map in the future.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I can help at any time, as I've said earlier, just throw me a Pm. I can help with custom skills, jass scripting, quest mode, and other stuff.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Ok, I have an idea for your Dwarven Hammersmith. Make him a Dwarven Runesmith! I mean Hammersmiths are just generic dwarf hammertime heroes (to me) but a runesmith could add another element to the hero. Just saying :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
I think I'm trying to help, giving you ideas and whatnot. Thought of some more today if you want 'em...actually, I'll just post them now to avoid multi-posting:

Night Elf Units:
Tower/Unit Trainer: Forest Watcher: Trains Assassins and Forest Spirits. Has the Assassin Training and Forest Spirit Upgrades. Can spawn poison roots which damage and poison the enemy.

Assassin: Tier 2 melee unit, can shadowmeld and has poison daggers which inflict higher damage and poison the enemy(mana/cooldown skill?), also learns stealth(windwalk, but probably no extra damage, it might overpower the assassin) with assassin training.

Forest Spirit: Caster, has Whisperwinds(negative bloodlust?), Nature's Cleansing(Healing Aura/Moon Well healing), and Nature's Call, which causes the unit to attach to a tree and sacrifices the spirit to create:

Forest Defender: Tank unit(NE equivalent to the Siege Kronus you created?), has Summon Treants, Forest Wall(wall of trees, sorta like Diablo II's Bone Wall skill if you've played it), Eat Tree, and Tree Spike(sorry, couldn't think of a name, but it's basically impale with trees).
Abilities you could also consider: Thorns Aura, Spiked Bark(Carapace), or Pollination, which is basically a phoenix egg ability, allowing the Defender to be reborn if killed.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, I have an idea for your Dwarven Hammersmith. Make him a Dwarven Runesmith! I mean Hammersmiths are just generic dwarf hammertime heroes (to me) but a runesmith could add another element to the hero. Just saying :thup:

Can you define what that means? Like what abilities will it have? I assume it will be an INT hero?

wc3shady

Reaction score
For the runesmith, I'm just giving an idea. It can be thought of as INT, STR, and maybe even AGI. Say, there could be a rune wall ability that makes a wall of runes in a circle or maybe a large rune that deals DoT damage/slows the enemy when they walk over it.

Let me say something about your NElf ideas captainrads.

Forest Watcher: neat, a moving tower that can train units. Forest Spirits, which sound good, and Assassin. What? why would Forest Watchers make assassins? They are trees: you cant go inside them, or anything. And some of it just looks thought up in a few seconds. Forest Spirits, I'm not sure on their concept exactly. I think of them as wisp-like guys, cheap fast built, but dont harvest, but have other purposes. Like maybe they should have an ability called Animate Forest, they inject their spirits in trees, animating trees into units to fight for the NElfs. Also another ability, Seed, in which they sacrifice themselves to seed trees into being, so say you have an army of enemies coming at you, and your army is weak and you need more time to prepare, make some cheap, quickly made Forest Spirits to make a tree wall.

Also, Forest Defenders as Siege Kronous equivalent? cmon. the Siege Kronous is suppose to be an extremely powerful siege weapon unique to the Humans/Dwarves. it's suppose to be their special power over all the other races. If the NElfs had the same thing, it would be sort of lame. Variation = more fun. Also, Forest Spirits turning into them? You would buy a Forest Spirit for about as much as a caster, then turn one into a mega powerful Forest Defender? You could say you would make the Forest Spirit mega expensive, but that wouldn't work because people would only make them to get the Forest Defender, and then the Forest Spirit itself would be completely useless. You could say you would only have a one of them available, but then its still cheap, and you can only build one Siege Kronous anyways, so that goes back to the equivalent thing I typed a few sentences earlier.

Sorry if that was harsh, but im just trying to help kingbdogz make this the best game he can.

captainrads

Reaction score
Forest Watcher: neat, a moving tower that can train units. Forest Spirits, which sound good, and Assassin. What? why would Forest Watchers make assassins? They are trees: you cant go inside them, or anything.
I didn't say this was set in stone, it was just a suggestion. Assassins would probably fit better in the AoW or AoL, its just how I happened to think it up at the time.
And some of it just looks thought up in a few seconds.
Honestly, some of it was.
Forest Spirits, I'm not sure on their concept exactly. I think of them as wisp-like guys, cheap fast built, but dont harvest, but have other purposes. Like maybe they should have an ability called Animate Forest, they inject their spirits in trees, animating trees into units to fight for the NElfs. Also another ability, Seed, in which they sacrifice themselves to seed trees into being, so say you have an army of enemies coming at you, and your army is weak and you need more time to prepare, make some cheap, quickly made Forest Spirits to make a tree wall.
I see them sort of as Owl Scouts, but a custom skin would probably be best. They're supposed to be standard casters, sort of like banshees. The "Animate Forest" thing is supposed to be what the Nature's Call ability does, sacrifice itself into trees to make a unit. To make multiple units, like treants, would be sorta useless since you can just get a Keeper of the Grove and do that without sacrificing units.
The Forest Wall is in the Forest Defender as an ability.

Also, Forest Defenders as Siege Kronous equivalent? cmon. the Siege Kronous is suppose to be an extremely powerful siege weapon unique to the Humans/Dwarves. it's suppose to be their special power over all the other races. If the NElfs had the same thing, it would be sort of lame. Variation = more fun.
Well, after reading the story so far, it mentioned both the Kronus thing and the "Abominating Executioner," which I assumed to be the UD equivalent of Kronus, so it seemed natural that other races would have their own equivalents.
Also, Forest Spirits turning into them? You would buy a Forest Spirit for about as much as a caster, then turn one into a mega powerful Forest Defender? You could say you would make the Forest Spirit mega expensive, but that wouldn't work because people would only make them to get the Forest Defender, and then the Forest Spirit itself would be completely useless.
Simple Solution: make the ability require payment, like Obsidian Statues becoming Destroyers, and make the payment really high.

Don't worry about being harsh, criticism is fine, it helps point out flaws and such, its good for games to be criticized.

wc3shady

Reaction score
The Nature's Spirit would have permanent Treants with abilities. So you don't have to get Keeper of the Grove so you can have Treants just for a little while.

I put the Forest Wall idea for the Nature's Spirit because as it was a good idea, it fits more for the Nature's Spirit and it makes the Nature's Spirit more of a unique unit meant to manifest into different shapes of nature. Also because i dont think he should use the Forest Defender ability.

Also I wasn't aware of the Abominating Executor as being a unit playable in melee games, especially seeing as how the entire huge campaign is built around building one, because they are suppose to be able to decimate entire armies. The Siege Kronous's, on the other hand, needed a mission or two for the Dwarves to make them, after which they mass produced them.

Maybe, all the races should have like a titan unit. BUT they would all be unique to the race, with the alliance having the Siege Kronous as a tank and the other races having their own titan units, but scratch that, i think its better that Siege Kronous is a unique extremely powerful unit to the alliance, unlike any other melee unit the other races have. Oh by the way, you should rename the Abominating Executioner a Flesh Titan!! Just saying.

captainrads

Reaction score
The Nature's Spirit would have permanent Treants with abilities. So you don't have to get Keeper of the Grove so you can have Treants just for a little while.
Well, I guess that would work...it would get the units faster, and you could get a better variety.

I put the Forest Wall idea for the Nature's Spirit because as it was a good idea, it fits more for the Nature's Spirit and it makes the Nature's Spirit more of a unique unit meant to manifest into different shapes of nature.
It does fit a bit more, but I think it would fit even better on a tree itself, like a treant spawned from the "Seed" ability you were talking about. It would go even better on a wisp too, once an upgrade is researched.

Maybe, all the races should have like a titan unit. BUT they would all be unique to the race, with the alliance having the Siege Kronous as a tank and the other races having their own titan units, but scratch that, i think its better that Siege Kronous is a unique extremely powerful unit to the alliance, unlike any other melee unit the other races have. Oh by the way, you should rename the Abominating Executioner a Flesh Titan!! Just saying.
I really don't know how the titan units are going to work, that's up to the map maker to decide. Personally, I think that if you're going to have a titan unit, you need an equivalent for the other races, otherwise things get imbalanced. Either that, or have a bunch of other powerful units that can support each other well enough to stand up to the titan unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.