Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe the Siege Kronous could be unstable, and slowly become less functional. Once its fully unfunctional (0 health) it becomes a Deactivated Siege Kronous (Pheonix Egg sorta thing) and you need to wait a bit from a system start up, but the Deactivated Siege Kronous is weak.

captainrads

Reaction score
The deactivation thing works...if that was put in there then the Forest Defender could have the pollination ability, which is basically the same thing.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas, i will just clear a few things up, first of all the Siege Kronous, although powerful, is vulnerable by its self. It needs units to protect it, not only that, only one can be made at a time like a hero. The difference between the Siege Kronous and the Abominating Executioner is that the Siege Kronous will also be in skirmish, where the Abominating Executioner wont. Also the AE is a stand alone unit so it can fight for it's self. Like wc3shady is saying, we want variation and uniqueness in the campaigns and skirmish alike, it'd be boring if the campaigns are all just about building up a titan unit. I may however make titan creeps in the campaigns with really powerful drops. We will see how it all goes out. BTW i have left One War on hold so right now im working on this. First of all there are alot of changes, but we will get into them later. Here is the Orc campaign so far, it's not finished and it's quite... boring should i say. I need some help to make it more interesting, anyway it's here so enjoy:

Cinematic 1: The New King
Thrall is attacking a few Fel Boars with two grunts.
An undead acolyte walks near Thrall.
“Orc Leader, I have a message in the name of the Lich King,” Says the Acolyte
“What? The Lich King is back? I thought the undead were gone, and who said you could put one step on my land!” Says Thrall
“Yes, the Lich King has awaken, and the letter contains this message:
Orcish Leader, the Humans have fallen, the Undead is victorious, Stormwind is destroyed, and the Alliance is no more”
“But how? Stormwind was thought to never be destroyed, the Walls are impenetrable by Undead”
“The Lich King destroyed the spell protecting the Walls from any undead being, I do not know any more then that”
“The Lich King is now the new King of the world, kneel before his message or pay the price” continued the Acolyte
Thrall kneels, but does not look happy.
“For the Lich King!” the Acolyte says. He nods then walks away…

Mission 1: A New Beginning
Loading Screen Text:
With the Lich King ruling the world and the Alliance crumbled, the Life of the Horde is a lot different, and fighting the Alliance is no longer a daily chore. Thrall walks back to camp to tell the news, but when he finds a new Orc, things get messy…

Mission 2: Distrust
Loading Screen Text:
This new Orc is apparently a traveler and his name is Burull, Thrall does not trust him but others seem to have taken a liking him. Some Orcs are beginning to distrust Thralls motives; they think Burull should have been the leader long ago. But for now the only thing Thrall can do is sit back and hope he is still trusted by some.

Mission 3: Fel Orcs Rising
Loading Screen Text:
This leader Burull has split the Orcish race apart into two factions and taken over. This “New Leader” is leading the new generation of Orcs and because they did not experience what happened years ago, they are going back to their neutral evil demonic side. Burull is not only evil, but he is demonic and is in touch with the Fel Orcs that were banished from the Horde. Thrall sets up a new Camp with his elder Orcs, planning an attack on this new Faction, The Fel Orcs Rising.

Mission 4: The Conflict
Loading Screen Text:

So tell me what you think so far. (BTW Burull is said as Boo-rull)

Here are some new concepts i thought of:

Night Elf Units:

Ranger: This is an upgraded version of the Archer, it can be used by purchasing the upgrade. It has slightly better range and move speed, cannot mount hippogryphs (sorry for spelling lol), and can use a very small blink that uses no mana but has huge cool down. Uses the archers upgrades.

Night Elf Upgrades:

Spiritual Revenge:
This Upgrade has effect on all units of the owning player except for wisps. When a unit dies 2 small weak spirits explode out and use lightning to attack, they only last 10 seconds. This also effects buildings that are trees but instead 5 pop out and they only last 7 seconds.

Ranger: It allows Archers to morph into a Ranger.

Ancestral Awakening: Allows Corrupted Wisps to morph into an Ancestral Being, it can do a light weak attack, only harvest wood and can morph into a tree permanently. Wood Harvesting rate is doubled with this unit.

Magi Ranging: Allows Archers arrows to bounce once onto the nearest enemy unit. Does not effect Rangers.

punwisp

Reaction score
“Orc Leader, I have a message from the Lich King in the name of the Horde,”
HU?! "in the name of the horde" HU?! Why would a servant of the Lich King say that lolz

Btw... I would advise changing the Horde from surrendering to the Lich King.. Including so easily... Thral isn't that type, he would have to be replaced first before any of that could even happen =)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
yeah ill fix the horde thing that was a mistake. Thrall is not that type i agree, but hes not stupid either. The whole world is populated by the undead, why would he be stupid enough to try and fight?

EDIT: fixed the horde thing.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
sorry for double post, just saying that on the first page im adding all the new units, hero's, buildings, researches/upgrades, campaign units, creeps, and more. So check it out im currently doing undead Units and ive got up to Obsidian Flesh Wagon. BTW it has all the info about them, where there built, what cooldown, what abilitys, what attack base, and more.

EDIT: i also added the Orc campaign so far.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
ok i have s ome ideas...

first of all, wouldnt the orcs attack the acolyte that tells them of the news? also seeing as how the horde and the alliance are at war, orcish scouts would have known about it.

thrall wouldnt surrender! He would be all "Lok'tar Ogar! Orcs neva give up! blood and honor!" and change the burull thing a bit... make it so saurfang begins telling thrall that he needs help from the fel orcs, thrall will disagree, and then saurfang will tell his idea to the horde, and some of them will like it. the horde will break up in two.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
1. yes the horde already knew the alliance was loosing, although they did not know about Azeroth being taken over, the final blow mission happened in one day.

2. Like i said on the above post, Thrall would say that if he could, but hes not stupid enough. Literally Azeroth is completely taken over and the globe is swarming in undead, nearly the whole of Azeroth is covered in blight.

btw what do you think of the undead units and hero i posted(they are not finished) on the first page.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I want to do some actual work... All I've done so far is read the lore you've brainstormed on...

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well are you any good at terraining or cinematics? if you are you could start right now.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I suck at terraining, and I've only ever made 1 cinematic.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Didn't you say you were good at jass? if so would you like to start hero abilitys?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well there is a spell im currently requesting on mr pandas thread, but if you'd like you can do it instead. It doesn't seem like hes done any yet so myne wont be made any sooner. The Crypt Queen will be using this as her level 5 ability. Here is the info:

Insect Mound:

1. This ability is casted instantly and can only be casted while the hero is on blight, there are up to 3 levels. When casted, all around the hero disease clouds poof out of the side then fade, then the hero moves aside and an insect mound (model does not matter i can change) slowly rises from the ground (like the graves from the grave yard) and the terrain level rises slightly.

2. For the first level the mound lasts 20 seconds, second level 40 seconds, and third level 70 seconds. While the mound is alive, it is like a defense, the mound "sprays" green insects at enemy units and it decreases armour by 1 for 5 seconds, does 10 base damage, and does 8 poison damage over 6 seconds (so like 4 damage each 3 seconds until 6 seconds is over)

3. The green insects bounce off of the first unit it attacks to the nearest enemy unit, then the next nearest enemy then comes back to the mound, if there are no enemy units after the insects attack or the first bounce, they retreat to the mound.

4: Also, when the insects attack the first target, it does the normal 8 poison damage over 6 seconds, but for the next bounce, it only does 6 poison damage, and 4 for the last bounce, so really it reduces poison damage by 2 each bounce. Oh also the cooldown of the mounds attack is 6 seconds.

Additional info:
Mana costs:
Level 1: 120
Level 2: 145
Level 3: 155

Hitpoints:
Level 1: 450
Level 2: 650
Level 3: 750

Armour Reduction:
Level 1: 1
Level 2: 2
Level 3: 3

Poison Damage:
Level 1: 8
Level 2: 10
Level 3: 12

Base Damage:
Level 1: 10
Level 2: 12
Level 3: 14

Overall Scaling Value(including insects):
Level 1: 1.00
Level 2: 1.20
Level 3: 1.40

Mound Tinting:

Level 1: Normal
Level 2: Darker
Level 3: Slightly Darker then Level 2 with a slight red tint.

Here is what the tool tip may look like:

Insect Mound
Rises an Insect Mound from the depths of Undead Blight. This Mound attacks with Green Insects that inflict base damage, reduce armour for 5 seconds, cause poison damage over 6 seconds and Bounces 2 times to nearby enemy units. Each time the Green Insects bounce, the poison damage reduces by 2.

Level 1: Causes 10 Base Damage, 1 Armour Reduction and 8 Poison Damage. Mound lasts 20 seconds and has 450 Hitpoints.
Level 2: Causes 12 Base Damage, 2 Armour Reduction and 10 Poison Damage. Mound lasts 40 seconds and has 650 Hitpoints.
Level 3: Causes 14 Base Damage, 3 Armour Reduction and 12 Poison Damage. Mound lasts 70 seconds and has 750 Hitpoints.

Thanks again if there isn't anything clear then tell me. +rep!

Do you need the map with the hero or can it be coded then redone to fit the map?

punwisp

Reaction score
they were taken once by corruption, iy wont happen his his watch, he would fight, and so woould the horde.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Ok then maybe i need to make a few changes, how could i make him fight without the undead fully finishing him? Most of this campaign is about the 2 factions.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Maybe put the horde under the undead's hand. Something like the undead could easily destroy the horde. This way Thrall might comply for the sake of his horde. Unless Thrall and the Horde are like "fight till the end" type of people...

Make thrall and undead? Capture thrall and have someone else replace him?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
How about, Thrall fights the undead but the undead do not retaliate, instead they send a necromancer which has melded himself as an orc, and he turns out to be Burull, so in the end the Undead are leading the Fel Orcs Rising and they do not realise it.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hey, why don't you go on AIM or whatever like you used to. :) So we can talk about these matters.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.