Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Thank you for you support! Indeed my team is growing large (it is bigger then it says on the front page, I can tell you that much).

You guys will like this project even more soon (hopefully), the update approaches... :thup:

firehouse968

Reaction score
Project sounds great guys hope ya finish it soon if ya need any help im great with world edit even though i just started on this site. :D would love to help with anything (except JASS)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Project sounds great guys hope ya finish it soon if ya need any help im great with world edit even though i just started on this site. :D would love to help with anything (except JASS)

Do you have any experience with modeling, photoshop (or another image editing program), or Terraining? Thanks for the offer btw!

kingbdogz

Reaction score
First of all, I'd advise you to edit your first post next time instead of triple posting, as double or more posting in a row is against the rules of the site. I do not have a set date, but to be honest I don't see the "completed version" Coming anytime this year. Beta and various Demos will come out for sure this year.

@Modeling and Terraining: Could you send me a picture of a model you have made before? You can be a Terrainer, and if you are skilled enough, a Modeler. Thank you for considering the position in the team! :thup:

A PM will be sent to you after you reply.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
well, pal, one thing is for sure: You don't give up. Good job.

Thanks! I've got a huge surprise for you all, hopefully it doesn't take too long to complete (the update), but in the long run you will like it.

firehouse968

Reaction score
my models really are not very good quality i think i should just do the terraining. can you tell me what things i should terrain.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
my models really are not very good quality i think i should just do the terraining. can you tell me what things i should terrain.

Well, before you are on the team I need you to make a sample for me of a terrain to prove you are up to standard with the campaigns quality. I would like you to make a small desert with a semi-lush oasis and large rocks. I would like you to also show me a sample of previous terrains you have done. Thanks in advanced.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
wc4tai.jpg

Update!

So after many days of no activity in this thread, I'd like to revive it and update it. So, the big question many might be asking right now is:

"Is the project dead?"

Well here is your answer: NO! This project is most definitely not dead, in-fact, it is more alive then ever. While I can't promise to show you what is under wraps soon, I WILL promise you that you will be pleasantly surprised when I finally release all that is being worked on.

Another question to be expected is:

"What is with this project? There is no clear evidence of progress or work, so what is with all the delays?"

To the best of my ability, this is my answer: Unfortunately the project did go into a dead still a few months ago, where no game progress was done and only story was really developed. BUT, it is alive again, more then ever in-fact. The problem is, what me and the team is doing is a very hard and tediously long process, and if I were to release it now it would look sloppy and unprofessional. I know the few fans of The Awakening would really like to see something new, but honestly, it is better if you all wait. Trust me on this, you will not be disappointed.

What exactly are we doing though? You'll just have to wait and see. What I can tell you though is that this process will hugely improve the quality of the overall gameplay, the functionality, and the presentation.

While I can't really say much more, I do have one small Artwork I would like you to all checkout, which is called the Gate to Eternity. It is a puzzle, if you are wondering, and hopefully you can decipher what it means. Thanks for all your support so far, and enjoy!:

GatetoEternity.png

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Binary? Pffft...

"It shall evolve 1/8/09".

You should've at least put it backwards or something, this was too easy :p.

I made it easy on purpose :)

BTW if you are wondering, that is 8/1/09 in American, it is just how my country does it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.