Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I've been doing well with terraining, if you guys ever want, I can help design/make normal melee maps for ya

That would be great, I'll contact you as soon as I can. I appreciate your offer :thup:

Do you have skype?

Tpiom

Reaction score
I offered my help to wc3shady's project so I guess it would be fair to offer my help here - not that I may actually be of any help since I am pretty useless, well not useless but decent at this kind of stuff but whatever...

I suppose I will just end this message with a: "great work - keep it going" quote. :thup:

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I offered my help to wc3shady's project so I guess it would be fair to offer my help here - not that I may actually be of any help since I am pretty useless, well not useless but decent at this kind of stuff but whatever...

I suppose I will just end this message with a: "great work - keep it going" quote. :thup:

Thanks for the support! :thup: I really get a smile on my face when I see comments like this, and it definitely encourages me to work harder. Of course you can help, just wait until the 1st of August and I will send a PM to all you users willing to help, thank you so much for the offers! :)

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
just found this while looking

Within the freshest Starcraft 2 panel from BlizzCon 2008 Blizzard proclaims, that Starcraft 2 will be expanded into a trilogy. Furthermore Blizzard verifies, that Warcraft 4 will be released with the same principle.

Need i say more tbh, why make a Warcraft 4 campaign when blizzard will be doing it for us?

Tpiom

Reaction score

Need i say more tbh, why make a Warcraft 4 campaign when blizzard will be doing it for us?

Several reasons, to name a few:

1. To tell "your" story.
2. It's fun and in the end project it will be satisfying.
3. A learning experience...
4. Wc4 might suck :p (Highly unlikely since it's from Blizzard but I might...)
5. The game (Wc4) may very well be a prequel or something.

Blizzard said that Warcraft 4 will be based like that if (when?) it's released. So far we have no confirmation from Blizzard yet. It gives us something to tackle in the meantime.

kingbdogz

Reaction score

While this can be said for my project, what about other projects? Why play a warcraft map TD when you can play a REAL game TD? Why play modern warfare maps when you can play REAL Modern Warfare games? Seriously, this question has got to be the dumbest I've seen, no offense to you. That didn't even confirm Warcraft 4 was being made, only that it would be made in the same manner as Starcraft 2's trilogy WHEN it start production.

Who knows? They may follow after WoW's story, and everyone knows that would be crap. I believe what ever Blizzard makes for their Wc4 story, even if it wasn't as epic as mine (because they have more resources to do so), I bet it wouldn't be as unique as what I've got planned. Twists and turns, cliffhangers, and interested sub plots are intwined with the story making it very legimate and epic.

I assure you, on the 1st of August you people with the negetives of the project will change their perspective about it.

Please don't take this offensively duderock101, I'm just really pointing this at those type of questions that I get asked quite a lot. I really don't mean to be a bad person, I just really don't like these types of questions thrown at me.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score

Because even if this project takes 3 more years to finish, that gives us about 5 years to play the map since they haven't officially announced Wc4. And when they do announce it, it will take 3-7 years for them to finish it.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I'm very impressed

you have been working on this project for almost 10 months now and you are just getting warmed up ;)

I would help you, but I don't have my own pc yet so I can only spend few minutes a day on this pc :(

keep it goin'! :thup::thup:

sidove

Reaction score
Kingbodz i would love to help you out on this project, so give me a PM the 1st Aguste :thup:. Btw i really think this project is gonna be one of the best campaigns out there, keep the good work up, as you have done this far and it would a super-duber-mega-über-awesome-smash-campaign :thup:! Great Work!

punwisp

Reaction score
While this can be said for my project, what about other projects? Why play a warcraft map TD when you can play a REAL game TD? Why play modern warfare maps when you can play REAL Modern Warfare games? Seriously, this question has got to be the dumbest I've seen, no offense to you. That didn't even confirm Warcraft 4 was being made, only that it would be made in the same manner as Starcraft 2's trilogy WHEN it start production.

Who knows? They may follow after WoW's story, and everyone knows that would be crap. I believe what ever Blizzard makes for their Wc4 story, even if it wasn't as epic as mine (because they have more resources to do so), I bet it wouldn't be as unique as what I've got planned. Twists and turns, cliffhangers, and interested sub plots are intwined with the story making it very legimate and epic.

I assure you, on the 1st of August you people with the negetives of the project will change their perspective about it.

Please don't take this offensively duderock101, I'm just really pointing this at those type of questions that I get asked quite a lot. I really don't mean to be a bad person, I just really don't like these types of questions thrown at me.

Actually blizz stated if they did make a wc4 they would ignore WoW

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Actually blizz stated if they did make a wc4 they would ignore WoW

Still the fact is that I plan to release this before 3 years :)nuts:), which is the about how long after Wc4 is announced that it will be released. So even if they announced Wc4 TODAY, it would take about 3-4 years to be released. If you don't believe me look at Sc2, nearly 3 years and still not complete, and they haven't even started BETA yet! And come on, don't say they won't use ANY WoW lore for Wc4, remember they would be targeting the WoW players as well because most of them are huge Lore/Story junkies. With the amount of players they have on WoW now, they would not give up so much sales. :)

Kingbodz i would love to help you out on this project, so give me a PM the 1st Aguste . Btw i really think this project is gonna be one of the best campaigns out there, keep the good work up, as you have done this far and it would a super-duber-mega-über-awesome-smash-campaign ! Great Work!

I'll be sure to give you a PM, and thanks for the support, you have really helped a lot by just following the project, so thanks! :thup:

I'm very impressed

you have been working on this project for almost 10 months now and you are just getting warmed up

I would help you, but I don't have my own pc yet so I can only spend few minutes a day on this pc

keep it goin'!

Wow, really? Ten months? Damn that goes fast, although I must admit I have progressed a lot, even if I have not showed you guy's (all part of my evil plan... :p) Thanks for the support! If you cannot help by actually joining the team, you can always just beta test and find bugs :D

punwisp

Reaction score
Still the fact is that I plan to release this before 3 years :)nuts:), which is the about how long after Wc4 is announced that it will be released. So even if they announced Wc4 TODAY, it would take about 3-4 years to be released. If you don't believe me look at Sc2, nearly 3 years and still not complete, and they haven't even started BETA yet! And come on, don't say they won't use ANY WoW lore for Wc4, remember they would be targeting the WoW players as well because most of them are huge Lore/Story junkies. With the amount of players they have on WoW now, they would not give up so much sales. :)

I'll be sure to give you a PM, and thanks for the support, you have really helped a lot by just following the project, so thanks! :thup:

Wow, really? Ten months? Damn that goes fast, although I must admit I have progressed a lot, even if I have not showed you guy's (all part of my evil plan... :p) Thanks for the support! If you cannot help by actually joining the team, you can always just beta test and find bugs :D

They would ignore the WoW BS, as in there not gonna have 40 random heroes go up and kill arthas, lot of there lore would prob be used, but retold to where it actually makes sense. And would likely change events around and such

sidove

Reaction score
I'll be sure to give you a PM, and thanks for the support, you have really helped a lot by just following the project, so thanks!

1st Thanks

Second: Lol i have also given you models ^^

kingbdogz

Reaction score
It has evolved.

The time is now right. Warcraft 4: The Awakening has now merged with Warcraft IV - the New Age and evolved into Warcraft IV- The Edge of Eternity. This great project is the continuation of the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and now with the two giant Warcraft 4 projects merged together, their awesome stories have been intertwined with each other to make an even better campaign.

To Mods: Please lock this thread, and any comment after this should be deleted. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.