AoS Warcraft 4: The Dotans

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Actually, a DotA parody would be pretty cool. Like mix up their names or something or create weird abilities for them. :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, a DotA parody would be pretty cool. Like mix up their names or something or create weird abilities for them. :D

Supid, I think that p[eople will say that the creator is a wuss and a noob who can't create a proper map so he tryies to make fun with the good maps.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Er, what? Are you calling me stupid? Come on, it was just a little fun. Besides, Windex is not even back yet.

And all this is only conjencture. I'm not sure if Windex is serious about this because he has not responded at all. And who knows, when he gets back he might just explain what he means by Dotans.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Stop it, damn it. Don't keep spamming. Those comments are way out-of-topic and since i am aware of WindexIsBack's job so far, i can assure it will be a great trial. He said 'stay tuned', not 'make this a spam-thread'. Enough of comments, just wait for an update now.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hmm if this isnt a joke map, i woudent mind seeing a map from you since youve seen and critiqued so many others, mines included (although ive decreased the time i spend on wc3 to finsih up some Jrpgs, im still working on getting fluidity into wc3)

also i dont think youve released a map here before have you? atleast i dont remember you have...

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
I have before, but on another account (my first one) named Nation Creation.
The version in the topic if it still exists is quite old, I recently restarted it.

I have the problem (much like others) of starting a map and quitting halfway through it. Here is a list of projects I have made over time.
Nation Creation (working on that, planning on testing with friends in 2 weeks than releasing it here)
Ant Wars (discontinued. 90% of systems created, just needs some minor triggering work, and lots of balancing. Topic here)
Battle Arena/Combat Arena (Discontinued. 10% of systems largely around customization were created. Discontinued due to size restrictions. Not memory, but pathing size restrictions)
Customization Arena (On hold. probably 75% done with most balancing worked out. Just need triggering for control points and towers. There may be a topic here. Premise of which is to create units that are very customizeable (range, attack, ect). Each unit has 4 vars which could be manipulated before building the unit. Each stat had a drawback which balanced things out uncannily)
Infected - A team map which was discontuned due to time constraints with other members. It was movign quickly enough though.
Windexglows Tech Wars - A more battlefield orienated tech wars, in which units traveled across an ocean before reaching the main island where they split apart into 3 different lanes. It is still in progress and still am advancing ideas onto it)
Mini World War - A mini-map I'm working on at the moment. Probably the least orignal. Arena is 64x64, camera is directly above the arena. Players build basic units (infantry, bazooka, jeep, tank) and upgrade them invidually. Each player chooses a type at the beginning recieving benifets from them.
Forest Fight (Discontiuned. This was in some ways a mutation of the Battle Arena, where players build in a massive forest. Resources played a massive part in the game)
Stranger - A map currently on the side. It's based around my Modern Island Model Package which is also paused while I work on other things.

Most projects I create I mentally review myself. Is the game fast paced enough? Is anything done sloppily that I can't make an escuse for? Is this feature redundent? What can be exploited? ect.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
That's a lot of projects. The maximum I can work on is probably 2 or 3 maps. Nation Creation and Ant Wars looks interesting actually. :)

And LOL at Defense of the Rock.

Justice-BR

Reaction score
you should put an Platinum Edition and a "All-Galaxys" (cuz stars are just to little) in your tittle! :thup:

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
That's a lot of projects. The maximum I can work on is probably 2 or 3 maps. Nation Creation and Ant Wars looks interesting actually. :)

And LOL at Defense of the Rock.

You have to remember I've been mapping for over 2 years, but probably a year in reality as I have taken long breaks from mapping.
I'm concentrating attention on nation creation, splitting attention to either tech wars or model project when I need something else to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.