[WarCraft Communities] - Another forum completely destroyed by oblivion

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
And again, Oblivion9, well known in many Battleships communities for his arrogance and egoism, has finished an attack on Ipeonrush, site-owner of www.thegoldenageofpirates.com, the home of clan GAOP: With the help of his friends from clan TUG ( "The Uber Gays", Lordearon ), he managed to crack Peon's administrator password and removed the complete forum.

Shortly before this, he had created a Battleships map in which he insulted the clan leaders of the leading Battleships clans in Lordearon, as well as Ipeonrush ( who currently leads no clan ) and some guys from Northrend. In that map he used a phallus as model for a ship, which he had created himself ( the model ).

Oblivion before had made his name for creating the map series "Battleships X" which had some interesting features that were completely stolen from Ipeonrush's map "13attleships Pro 3.5b" where he helped a bit, as well as being site moderator on 13attleships.com, the former site of Peon which is now led by widowmaker where he was banned a few months ago becouse he had allowed flaming and insults in the community.

Oblivion9 is also known for sending E-mails to random people in which he whines for all the "injustice" that "happened" to him. In these mails, he also sais that he would be the administrator of 13attleships.com and that he would have created the 13attleships pro 3.5b alone, which has been proven to be false.

The clan TUG which helped at the forum extinction has also sponsored previous mentioned map. They left a message in the forum telling that they would have destroyed gaop and now want everybody to join them. Due to the IP tracking Peon was able to prove that the Author was Oblivion9, or atleast logged in from his IP.
Clan TUG is mostly a compendium of battleship players, and started as a joke. There are many honorable members of the GAOP community in it, too, so the attack can only have been partly supported by clan TUG.

Peons statement on that:
Ipeonrush said:
i'm realy speechel gusy. i hpe you don't leave this as this is all we have left.

the people responsible for it, clan tug and oblivion9 will have to deal with the backlash to follow cuz they didn't just screw me over last night, but many others wsho had relied on our site to be able to post their map info, etc. Especially the smota team.

i had tried to warn people that this was coming but noone seemed to take notice. but ya i coudln't in a millino years have predicted they would have done this to us.

i hope the backup works ....
(http://starcraft2community.com/forum/showthread.php?p=645#post645)

Someone really needs to stop these guys.

Greetings, and don't let happen to this community what happened to our community!
Davey Jones

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Man sorry to hear about GAOP - that was a cool site. We almost affiliated with them at one time.

Reaction score
Wouldnt this be in Warcraft Talk?

EDIT:nvm lol already moved.

But yeah how can someone just hack a site like that?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Sad... :( I just recently became a member on the forums... Was a good site. Im sorry to hear this..

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Another forum completely destroyed by oblivion

As in this is not the first time? o_O I hope this guy feel proud of himself for ruining efforts of other people while gaining nothing but disrespect. Long live the Immatureness!

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> how can someone just hack a site like that?
It seems they were using an older phpBB which is known to be insecure.
Or one can just guess the admin password.

> Someone really needs to stop these guys.
How? By flaming them? :rolleyes:

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Jeez, I didn't know you could do that.

I really like this forum, let's hope we don't do anything to catch their attention :eek:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
o_O, I can view their forum fine...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
How they got in the forums
Well hacking (Keylogger, Spywares, Etc.)
I just learn hacking sometimes :D
So if I were you I would be scanning my computer for any keylogger
I got one last time, Dont know where its from.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Ipeonrush now has retired from both Wc3 and StarCraft, leaving this last message:

update: it's over.

they actually hacked into the server and deleted everything via ftp including 3000+ files, all ranks. Also the category files were actually switched out from another database, so there's no way to restore them. It looks like this whole thing was planned out for quite some time as they knew exactly what to target.

I"m officially finished with wc3 as i have nothing left to offer any of you other than a lifetime of anger. I really don't know what to say, i'm sad, angry, i have spent 4 years on this and to watch it all end by a guy who's only mission in life is to make x the most popular map on bnet is beyond me.

take care guys as staying at this point is too much for me. This obviously meant more to me than to anyone else, and i don't know how to be a regular person who just goes along with the flow. I've always wanted to make a difference and without that possibility now i feel useless.

i can't believe it's come to this...

i archived so much information and so many unique maps for you all and for so many around the wc3 community that i know noone will ever take the time to repeat. I'm also no longer interested in getting involved with sc2 as i'm deeply dissapointed in blizzards non action. This should have been resolved years ago when the harassment first started.

I wish everyone luck in their lives and to those responsible, i hope you realize how much damage you just did and what may lay before you as i will never rest till justice is done.

it's so sick....

You can see the whole thread Here...

Goodbye, Peon. You were a friend and helper for quite a long time, and I cannot think of a way the Battleships Community would survive without your help. There were many things that are now left undone, including the many maps that either were started by peon or have relied on the gaop forums, so this was just incredible. I pity everyone that suffered from that sneaky attack. I really hoped that we could've worked together on your projects. And I hoped you could've host and promote my project Battleships Antarctica, just as the SmotA team and as I am sure many many others.

Your work on your site really is an impossible act to follow, as was the creation of 13attleships Pro 3.5b. It was a unique map, and I think it to be the best Bs map ever published. Even if you said of yourself just to be a humble peon, many of us know that boats need wood, wood which was chipped by humble peons. And you chipped a lot of wood, allowing battleships speedmod to get over version 2.4 where it would've stopped if I wouldn't have gotten the support of you. Neither would I even have had the inspiracy to start a second project as big as Antarctica, starting completely be zero. You have led my path in Battleships, together with many members of the community like B.62, theimmortalone or nargaque.

All I can do now is publishing this event everywhere I can to stop oblivion's map "Battleships X" from being hosted and played... Now that he destroyed our lifetime projekt, we should try to destroy his. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. That's why I'm called Avenger, I cannot stop seeking for avenge...

Ashes to ashes, peon to peon. I wished the best pirate would've won... Not the meanest.

Rest in peace vince.

Thank you, oblivion... Your arrogance destroyed many man-years of work.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Sry to hear that GAOP was destroyed. Maybe someone can find out what Oblivion9's IP adress is, and somehow report him for destroying websites..It is against the law...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Sry to hear that GAOP was destroyed. Maybe someone can find out what Oblivion9's IP adress is, and somehow report him for destroying websites..It is against the law...

As told in the article we got his IP... It might be an idea, old friend. I shall talk with the other guys about this : )

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I noticed TH.net website was on this site, which was linked from the starcraft 2 community forums. Apparently it's some Iranian hacker site, and there are other big-name sites such as The Hive and DOTA Allstars on it too.

Most curious. Unfortunatly I cant translate anything on it... perhaps someone here can?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a thread about Wc3 or mapping resources. It says its a gaming forum so I imagine it is just a thread about that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.