Warcraft crashing upon choosing specific map...?

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is really frustrating.
I just recently went through my map to optimize some of the code in it, and now:

Whenever I try to CHOOSE it (this is BEFORE playing it), instead of going to the game lobby, I get a fatal error.
What could this have to do with?

Thanks
Zakk

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
ah no, by "optimize some of the code" I meant

calling fewer natives, changing some locals in periodic functions to globals with values...
making better JASS, I guess...

ultimate11

Reaction score
sound weird,as i know so far if you optimize code or however and is wrong WE wont allow you to save the map.
So I realy dont know what`s happen.But for future use a strategy like mine:
Everytime when you work at you map save it and then copy it.I have 27 copy of my map in different stage of development and if I make something wrong I can easely go a little back in time :D

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Actually, I have quite a few stages :) and I had a save file from before I started optimizing. I managed to trace the problem to defining the global:

[ljass]rect worldBounds = GetWorldBounds()[/ljass]

any thoughts?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
map crashes are usually because it was made with a world editor that had not yet been updated either because warcraft had not been updated yet, or because their computer was out of date, i believe optimizing should work if not you would have to check the code for w/e causes crashes

apologies if i am stating what has already been stated

huanAk

Reaction score
Is it Window or Mac ?

I found a bug that will cause crash for Mac user when they try to "choose" map before hosting.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Oh, what I meant to say (apparently not understood too well) was:

The problem was including the following in my globals:

JASS:
globals
     rect worldBounds = GetWorldBounds()
endglobals

specifically, assigning it GetWorldBounds() when it is created. --This caused the crash.
To avoid the crash, I instead made a trigger that runs at .00 game time and [ljass] set worldBounds = GetWorldBounds()[/ljass].

Does anyone know why this causes the bug I described?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
If it is due to an update or an outdated world editor that made it, it would be due to a change in the way warcraft reads the line, that might be able to be fixxed with a simple format change... it could be a corrupted file though, if that is the case it is either a corrupted wc3 file or computer file, the first would need a reinstall, the latter would be a bigger problem

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
I sometimes feel like my words MAKE NO SENSE TO ANYONE ELSE. The map was IMMEDIATELY playable after changing
[ljass]rect worldBounds = GetWorldBounds()[/ljass] to [ljass]rect worldBounds .... set worldBounds = GetWorldBounds()[/ljass]

There is NO problem with my WC3 or my computer, the map is NOT corrupted, and I doubt my version of NewGen is outdated because I just downloaded it about two weeks ago.
I am merely curious as to why DEFINING a global--[ljass]rect worldBounds = GetWorldBounds()[/ljass]--CAUSES the map NOT to be able to hosted.

P.S.: sorry for the troll-a-thon...but man... :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.