Warcraft III lag spikes HUGE

linuxpenguin

Reaction score
OK... I am having a painful time with WC3 lag spiking like crazy. Some times the delay will be up several seconds long, and is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Specs.

-Intel Core Duo 2.0 ghz dual core
-4gb ddr ram
-64 bit processor
-windows 7
-Geforce 9200m
-ALL MY DRIVERS ARE UPDATED
Things ->

-its NOT my internet connection. I have 60mbps internet....
-its NOT spyware or malware, or viruses, etc.
-its NOT background programs eating away.

Something I have noticed. WC3 starts fine, then gets worse. Is there a Cache problem with it? It starts off around 100kb, then slowly works its way up to around 600kb on system processes. What in the world o_O There has to be a fix for this!

Thanks in advance. And yes I did search. thanks.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
You're internet speed has very little to do with spikes and ping.

Do this: http://www.pingtest.net/

If you get a B grade or higher, then it isn't you're internet. Warcraft 3 runs of tens of thousands machines and i doubt that there's any problem within the actual game, so it's most likely related to you're computer, and in turn to you're internet connection.

Another thing you should look at (if you have wireless) is to disable the windows internet connection and connect through the wireless network connector. I had a dlink wireless card that connect through the windows internet connection and it spiked every 30 seconds or so. To disable it go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->WZC (Wireless zero connection). Note that if you disable this you won't have internet, so make sure to install the app that comes with you're driver.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
just to check that it's not your internet, have you tried a few single player games?

MusicDemon

Cool Member
Reaction score
Try starting it with administrator rights. For some reason it's possible that W3 needs to access system32 layered objects... Which, without administrator rights, he may not enter... I doubt it, but... If you're using a shortcut to it, go to the properties of the shortcut and check whether or not the goal includes -opengl, if it does, remove it. Or, have you updated to the latest version of Warcraft already? From Windows Vista and up Warcraft had problems with working properly - with low versions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.