Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Its good, these things happen.

My map progress is temporarily stopped, mostly because its not getting out there like I'd hoped(or at all, really) and I've yet to hear from the guy who wanted to redo my heroes with triggered spells...maybe I'll just do it myself.

EDIT: Hey by the way, anything else on the lore you want me to look at?

Ooh yeah I forgot about sending you that. I'll do that within the next few days.

Hey I got an idea for an ability today, probably to be used by something from the Scarlet Dawn.

Interrogate: Single target, the casting unit and the target unit become unable to move for a few seconds. After the channeling is over, the target unit will reveal the weakpoints of nearby enemies, reducing their armor for awhile. The target unit may also take damage.

Could be used by the Inquisitor or other such unit.

That is a pretty good idea, but there is one problem: it isn't practical. You can't interrogate an enemy in the middle of the fray.

Maybe it can be some sort of ability that has a long casting time and then pings the location of all enemy buildings?

It's fine Wc3shady, but no matter what happens don't let this die. Even if you temporarily stop it for a month it doesn't matter, this NEEDS to be finished. The story you have shown me is so good it deserves to be the next Wc4 story.
Don't worry - this isn't dead. The story thing is really uplifting.

Actually what I think would be nice is to release some sort of a playable demo or some screenshots to grasp the viewer's attention and they might wait for it to be released or give you motivation.

What about your's Kingbdogz?

In fact, I really want to let you guys see some screenshots. This weekend you'll get some screenshots.

I don't know about Wc3shady but I was ready a long time ago to do this exact thing but I'm waiting on the spells from Renendaru, I of course can't rush him to get them but yeah that is what I'm waiting on. Soon as they are given to me Demos of units will be released and then shortly after a beta with the most progressed race (either Undead or Humans, I can't decide at this moment. Probably Humans as most of their units abilties have been created). As for Wc3shady, he has the same problem as me. We are both waiting on the spells.

(Also I have released some screenshots)

I am waiting on spells, but another big thing is models. I don't like the idea of getting unit ideas based on pre existing models, so a number of the units I've thought up require models to be made. I'm procrastinating there a bit - animating is a son of a bitch! (well, at least creating the bone structures)

Okei, so I've started on my second map for the project.

It's far from finished though I am going to release a screenie for all to see and get some cuorisity going.

/Anderzzon

I can't really say much because I only see trees.

Anyways, you guys expect some real progress this weekend!

captainrads

Reaction score
That is a pretty good idea, but there is one problem: it isn't practical. You can't interrogate an enemy in the middle of the fray.

Maybe it can be some sort of ability that has a long casting time and then pings the location of all enemy buildings?
Hmm...well if you were to do that, maybe there would be some sort of requirement that there be no other enemy units nearby? It'd be a great anti-scout move.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Let's get this thread going again shall we? o_O

Anyways, I am still working on the ashenvale map in between matches of FEAR2 online games (which is AWSOME btw), I'm sorta out of ideas so I am considering doing the Amani troll map soon and then go back to this one...

I'll post an update in a few days.

/Anderzzon

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Out of terraining ideas?

No, not really. The terrain itself is more or less done, it's the doodading which is the problem right now. The textures aren't quite done either though that is sorta easy to get fixed once one puts his mind into it... though the doodading... I was thinking about a Night Elf temple, though it turned out a bit to pretencious.

Any suggestions?

Anderzzon

Reaction score
The name of the map is "Ancient Forest" so it's a forest themed map hehe

I am thinking of maybe adding some water with falls and stuffs to create a more lushy feel.

/Anderzzon

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah water sounds good, maybe add some sort of forest temple in there. If you wanted to go all out, you could put it in the middle with a bunch of creeps guarding it, then have shops or a tavern at the top.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been active much lately you guys - I have less than a month of school left, so I've got a ton to do. But tomorrow the only really major project left is due, so you will see some progress from me soon.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ahh I relate...16 days left for seniors, woo! Senioritus is really kicking in, though...I haven't done anything serious in weeks...just wanna get the hell outta school, I'm so tired of it.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Me too. :O I have like 15 days left of school, then I'm free for the summer... By free I mean "unemployed". ;)

I'll fix the map asap.

/Anderzzon

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
no worries... just cramming school work

Hehe, damned school. I still got another 5 weeks :( Hope you can work on this soon, the melee is starting to look very unique but doesn't move away from the general gameplay. Good Luck with school. :thup:

Anderzzon

Reaction score
I'm going to take a break from the school work and get the forest map together today.

/Anderzzon

captainrads

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to a job as a camp counselor this summer, so I won't be around until fall. Good luck on the map until then.

wc3shady

Reaction score
So, me and kingbdogz have a surprise you guy will like (hopefully).

Update soon, I know there hasn't been one in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.