Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A lot of the same thing? We've exchanged stories - they are VERY different. The new features in our map our different, the only similar thing is that we are both doing continuations of Warcraft III TFT

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Why are you working on 2 projects? On a lot of the same thing? Just work on one

Hehe, trust me, his Story is A LOT different to mine. Mine is more like a new beginning lore-wise, while his continues on from the lore and doesn't really detatch from old lore.

wc3shady

Reaction score
A certain update will take a certainly long amount of time, but the update will certainly have what some call a demo. And a certain someone learned to model.

wc3shady

Reaction score
I wonder how to get your guys attention...

k3kkcj.jpg

Modeled by me, skinned by GooS

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Is this dead? I hope not, story is looking really good. BTW awesome model, what faction is that for? :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Haha not even close... odd thing is there is more progress than ever going on right now but I just want to bring you guys something good before I update much.

Tpiom

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't play much WoW :p

From Wowwiki:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Scarlet_Crusade

"The Scarlet Crusade is a religious organization dedicated to the eradication of the undead. They are a major adversary of the Forsaken. [...] The Scarlet Crusade maintains several bastions throughout the former lands of Lordaeron, namely the Scarlet Monastery, Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand, the fortified cathedral of Stratholme, and several smaller camps and watchtowers spread throughout the area. It is also the only hierarchy left of the Kingdom of Lordaeron after its destruction by the Scourge."

Their leader: Saidan Dathrohan is possessed by the Dreadlord Balnazzar. He keeps a low profile since he's supposed to be dead.

Also, I just registered to say how much I am looking forward to this project. I will try to help in any way I can... It must survive ;) The model looks awesome and it says that UndeadDragon is responsible for the website design. Yet I can't see a website, where is it?

Come to think of it, will we see Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak too? They are, after all, members of the Scourge.

punwisp

Reaction score
You left out some key lore >.>

They have been corrupted, and attack living or undead, they cant tell the difference.

The Scarlet Crusade is a group of maddened zealots so dedicated to the removal of all undead that they commonly attack the living.LoC 166 [It is] a group of crazed human zealots, that battles fervently and vainly against the Scourge in the Plaguelands.WoWRPG 20 In the Western Plaguelands, the Scarlet Crusade strikes against the Scourge from Hearthglen.WoWRPG 21 Many Knights of the Silver Hand remained on Lordaeron for several reasons ranging from missing the fleeing boats, to a sense of duty to clear their homeland of the undead. With the destruction of Lordaeron in front of them and the knowledge that Arthas had betrayed them, some knights actually went mad. They hunt the undead in Lordaeron with a zealousness that frightens. Many innocent mortals have been killed through misunderstandings, or simply "just making sure". These paladins have a frightening policy: When in doubt, assume the person is undead and kill him. These knights would never admit that they walk the same dark road that led to Arthas’s damnation, but few of them continue to follow the three virtues. Those who question their leaders are assumed to be undead sympathizers and are slain. Many serve the Scarlet Crusade out of fear, as to speak up means instant death. WoWRPG 169

The Scarlet Crusade is what happens when mad zealots take over a good cause. While the Alliance is in agreement that the Scourge needs to be eradicated from Lordaeron so they can return home, few Alliance members would agree with the methods used by the Scarlet Crusade. The Crusade’s members are mostly soldiers — many are Knights of the Silver Hand — who saw such devastation wrought by the Scourge that they resort to extreme measures to destroy the undead. This includes killing any mortal they assume to be undead, killing mortals to get to undead or killing mortals who may sympathize with undead. “Sympathizing with the undead” is how Crusaders interpret someone arguing that their methods are severe. They are the natural enemies of the Scourge and the Forsaken, but they are also the enemy of anyone who cannot prove that he is alive — usually within ten or so seconds. The Crusade has indeed destroyed several undead encampments on Lordaeron. They may end up alone on the continent — or more likely, die trying.WoWRPG 375 The Scarlet Crusade sees no difference between the Forsaken and the Scourge and battle the Forsaken zealously.WoWRPG 372 They are a lawful and currently evil religious organization dedicated to the eradication of the undeadLoC 165.
Despite its excesses, the Crusade is a powerful force in the eastern kingdoms, having already destroyed several undead encampments in LordaeronWoWRPG 372 and defeated a number of dangerous Liches as well as the Dreadlord Beltheris.WoW #? They are expected to continue battling until either the Scourge are driven from Lordaeron or the Crusade itself is destroyed.
The Scarlet Crusade distrusts any non-humans although they once had other races, such as High Elves and Dwarves, in their ranks.

all you need to know.

wc3shady

Reaction score
From Wowwiki:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Scarlet_Crusade

"The Scarlet Crusade is a religious organization dedicated to the eradication of the undead. They are a major adversary of the Forsaken. [...] The Scarlet Crusade maintains several bastions throughout the former lands of Lordaeron, namely the Scarlet Monastery, Hearthglen, Tyr's Hand, the fortified cathedral of Stratholme, and several smaller camps and watchtowers spread throughout the area. It is also the only hierarchy left of the Kingdom of Lordaeron after its destruction by the Scourge."

Their leader: Saidan Dathrohan is possessed by the Dreadlord Balnazzar. He keeps a low profile since he's supposed to be dead.

Also, I just registered to say how much I am looking forward to this project. I will try to help in any way I can... It must survive ;) The model looks awesome and it says that UndeadDragon is responsible for the website design. Yet I can't see a website, where is it?

Come to think of it, will we see Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak too? They are, after all, members of the Scourge.

Thanks, its really uplifting when I get a comment like this. I haven't actually talked to UndeadDragon in a bit, so the website is on hold for now, but we weren't too far in anyways, just the front page really.

Thanks about the model, I'm getting better. Scratch humans n stuff. Come to think of it I havent actually finished a model edit xD only scratch stuff.

Kel'Thuzad definitely I have some good stuff worked out for him, Anub'arak is still a maybe he will not have a big role but I hope to give him some show on the project.

Anyways, there are some massive updates coming soon - but for now I've been keeping a low profile on the progression. Anything on the first post is actually 2 months old at least <.< I really need to clean it up.

wc3shady

Reaction score
It has evolved.

The time is now right. Warcraft IV - the New Age has now merged with Warcraft 4: The Awakening and evolved into Warcraft IV- The Edge of Eternity. This great project is the continuation of the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and now with the two giant Warcraft 4 projects merged together, their awesome stories have been intertwined with each other to make an even better campaign.

To check out the project, just look at this thread.

To Mods: Please lock this thread, and any comment after this should be deleted. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.