Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well orcs and night elves are for the 3rd act. I'm not sure how I'll implement Night Elves with my current ideas... maybe I'll do a TFT Orc Campaign sort of thing for them.

With Lupine Horrors you bring up a good point. How about the Spectral Passage upgrade just not be until T3?

Nah, no zombies. I have a plan for 3 more units per race. And by this, I mean there are 3 more units you can use, but you can use different ones each game with the whole 'path' things (more replay ability)

bradleo

Reaction score
Ya, zombies would be a thing to add if you lose a unit, say you can't get the triggering or it becomes too overpowered or something, but would not be needed at all.
I really hope you expand orcs races that they have (orc/tauren/troll) and not add a new one since they already have three combined (and since you are good with lore you know that big alliences don't last too long in warcraft).

wc3shady

Reaction score
yeah, i dont plan on adding extra races to them. Now, I was thinking adding Orc Spearchuckers and Wyverns, and they could mount the wyverns to become windriders, but that would be too much like the NElf hippogryph-archer thing and im planning to make only 3 extra available units per game, so 15 total available per game.

maybe... Tauren Earthshakers? Inspired by the DotA hero, he can use the earth to block pathways and such, and would use the Pulverize upgrade like normal tauren.

EDIT

UPDATE! Abilities for Inquisitors, Warders, Knight-Redeemers and Templars put up!
Inquisitors and Warderss are both focused on fending off mainly melee classes, but Inquisitors do it more offensively whilst Warders do it more defensively. Also, Knight-Redeemers and Templars both have Trample (point targeted charge that moves all enemy units in the way out of the way) so they can get into the thick of battle quickly, but the Knight-Redeemers can taunt enemies, whilst Templars can knock them away.

bradleo

Reaction score
Make a new tauren mage! Don't give it pulverize because it would become too powerful, but earth wall sounds cool. You could try giving it a buff, like say a negative buff that could slow, like earthquake on one unit, but any new spell would be good.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hmm theres already a tauren mage and i dont want it to be full spellcaster... maybe be mana using, but like say a battle mage focused on melee

bradleo

Reaction score
Just don't use pulverise since it is already used. You could make a tauren version of a type of spellbreaker... in the fact that it is melee but has spellcaster characteristics. Maybe give it a stun, not pulverise, just a stun.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hmm it wont train from the lodge, but the Tauren Totem and it will be T3. It will start with a chance to knockback units in front of him, and he will be able to learn his rock wall ability.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
srry took me so long to post again
sounds like a wow story And you lost me
if i were to rate it on what i think gameplay would be id say 8.5/10
but thats because ive been bored and wow and tried the shadow fang keep just like an hour ago twas fun
ive been playing wow lol
hey mind giving me some feed back on my evil map lol jk but any feed backs nice
I dont mean to be an ass just no feed back

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Hows progress been going? Seems you got a long time ahead of you on this, if you ever need help just tell me :thup:

EDIT: Hey i made this Logo for my War4, if you would like to use it then you may. I'm making a new one anyway and it will have "The Awakening" down the bottom:

8b3097a7.jpg

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hey you guys! Sorry no post for a few days. I'm on vacation until Christmas night.

Hehe yeah SFK is fun. I wish they had it heroic on wow. I might cut it though, its just too WoW-esque. My undead campaign... its not that spectacular. Not too epic, but it sets the stage for the rest of the game, and will open up new doors. The other campaign in act 1, the Scarlet Dawn, oh my god you guys are going to LOVE the last mission (cinematic actually). its going to be very epic.

Your not an ass CaptDeath. I will give it a look :)

Nice Warcraft IV logo! I wont be using it though. I will be making my own (-=

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going on vacation soon too... hope it won't be like last time (don't ask :rolleyes:) Getting off-topic though so ill stop..

wc3shady

Reaction score
So... I need a verdict on a couple of things.

Shadowfang Keep - Keep it or toss it?
Dalaran - Keep it or toss it?

The first campaign is sort of bleh. Shadowfang Keep is really wow-esque, and I'm trying to cut down on that. Dalaran, the Scourge already attacked em once! I sort of want to change this around a lot.

Ok, now in the third campaign I need an opinion... (I've had a ton of ideas for this one)

It's suppose to be the Orc/Night Elf campaign. The first campaign (Orc Campaign) is about Kilrogg Deadeye, an aged follower of the old orcish ways, rising to power over the Dark Horde and leading them to overrule the Horde.
The second campaign... well lets just say that there are unknown forces... unknown goals. Well, you'll see.

Now, what I'm wondering is for the second campaign should it be more hero based or a night elf campaign?

Now, the Orcs are definately taking part in this...

EDIT

I need a voice actor!
For the scholar in my prologue to Lords of Vengeance.
Something sounding aged & wise, slightly gruff.
The cinematic opens to icy, calm seas. Scholar - "Over the eons, the bloodshed has been constant." (The screen fades to blighted forests) Scholar - "Mankind has had many wars amongst it's time." (You see human soldiers in battalions) "The wars with the Burning Legion... wars with the orcs and humans. But perhaps the most troubling to the world, was the conquest of the Undead Scourge." (You see an army of skeletons, abominations, frost wyrms, necromancers, and so on) "They brought death to humanity." (The undead army attacks the human army, they fight for a bit, with the camera panning around) "But no - that is not what made this war great... it was the undead power to raise the very corpses of their fallen enemies as one of their own." (The humans rise as ghouls) "And throughout this chaos, the only thing that remains a constant is the reason for all of it - vengeance." (The music becomes harder and more 'evil', and quickly the camera fades to northrend, with the camera sifting throughout a massive undead legion) "And now..." (The camera finally finds the Lich King) "Vengeance Beckons" The cinematic quickly ends.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
So... I need a verdict on a couple of things.

Shadowfang Keep - Keep it or toss it?
Dalaran - Keep it or toss it?

The first campaign is sort of bleh. Shadowfang Keep is really wow-esque, and I'm trying to cut down on that. Dalaran, the Scourge already attacked em once! I sort of want to change this around a lot.

Ok, now in the third campaign I need an opinion... (I've had a ton of ideas for this one)

It's suppose to be the Orc/Night Elf campaign. The first campaign (Orc Campaign) is about Kilrogg Deadeye, an aged follower of the old orcish ways, rising to power over the Dark Horde and leading them to overrule the Horde.
The second campaign... well lets just say that there are unknown forces... unknown goals. Well, you'll see.

Now, what I'm wondering is for the second campaign should it be more hero based or a night elf campaign?

Now, the Orcs are definately taking part in this...

EDIT

I need a voice actor!
For the scholar in my prologue to Lords of Vengeance.
Something sounding aged & wise, slightly gruff.

Well I'm 14 so I couldn't do voice acting cos you probably want someone who's around 18-25 or something. I think the second campaign should be more hero based, it'll give a new style to it unlike the other campaigns.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah I was leaning towards the hero thing as well. And I know, voice actors are extremely hard to find, but I need them to make this the best project possible.

Btw, I'm 14 as well.
(Hey, for those people that this regards too, don't judge me by my age. When some people see a big project that is being made by a younger person, they seem to... well think of it as lesser. Judge it on the actual content.)

wc3shady

Reaction score
UPDATE!

Project will be released in Books. In each Book, there are 2 Acts, with about 10 missions each. Book 1 is confirmed, Book 2 is pending (seeing how Book 1 goes). This was I can release the game over periods of times, and have milestones, and I can keep adding on if I want to. Believe me, I have thousands of ideas.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
UPDATE!

Project will be released in Books. In each Book, there are 2 Acts, with about 10 missions each. Book 1 is confirmed, Book 2 is pending (seeing how Book 1 goes). This was I can release the game over periods of times, and have milestones, and I can keep adding on if I want to. Believe me, I have thousands of ideas.

So are you writing the book out first then making the campaigns based on those books. Sounds like a nice idea, I was thinking of this with my last project (One War) but concluded that it would take too long. Good luck on it though :thup:

wc3shady

Reaction score
It's not an actual "Book", its a set of campaigns that are more intertwined than the other ones. Lords of Vengeance and Road to Redemption are both in the same boat, so they're in a Book. I just found it easier in Books.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
It's not an actual "Book", its a set of campaigns that are more intertwined than the other ones. Lords of Vengeance and Road to Redemption are both in the same boat, so they're in a Book. I just found it easier in Books.

Ahh I get it now, boy I feel stupid :eek: :rolleyes:

wc3shady

Reaction score
Haha it's alright. Now you guys, (for those few of you who are tuning in) I need ideas! I'm changing what artifact the Lich King needs to summon Kil'Jaeden (from the Arcadium Crystal in Dalaran), but I need ideas to where it could be!

Also... I need a voice actor for that scholar. He sounds: Old, Slightly Gruff, Wise

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Haha it's alright. Now you guys, (for those few of you who are tuning in) I need ideas! I'm changing what artifact the Lich King needs to summon Kil'Jaeden (from the Arcadium Crystal in Dalaran), but I need ideas to where it could be!

Also... I need a voice actor for that scholar. He sounds: Old, Slightly Gruff, Wise

Hmm how about an Artifact that was sought to be a myth, but the Lich King believes it exists and tells the Death Knight to find this Artifact that was supposedly buried in a Graveyard in... um... Dalaran? Northrend? Best I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.