WIP Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows

sabrio

Reaction score
Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows
Warcraft IV - WOS is a new mod for Blizzard's popular RTS "Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne". It will includes new campaigns that will continue the warcraft storyline, new units aswell remakes of some old ones, two new races, the Illidaris and the Shadowborne, and new gameplay feature including naval battles.

Storyline :
Prologue : Dark Powers
Three Years have passed, after Illidan's defeat in Icecrown Glacier. Wounded, his loyals servants Vashj and Kael managed to save him from death. Throught, Arthas warned Illidan to never return to Northrend... From this time, Illidan's army, the Illidari, composed of Fel Orcs, Nagas, Blood Elves and the Akama's draenei expanded in all Outland. The Demon Hunter, sensed dark magic coming from the Shadowmoon Valley, guided only by his hunger, he thought of immense powers to sustain he and his servants' hunger. So, he sent his best soldiers to find the source of this magic... There, they found dangerous enemies called "Eldranith"...
Missions and Cinematics :
Campaign 1 : Blood of the Horde
Cured from the Demonic Magic, the Horde, went to the desertic lands of the Barrens, guided by their warchief Thrall. The Orcish Horde built their homelands there, Orgrimmar. For Three Years, Thrall and Jaina tried to prevent new COnflicts againt the two Factions. But mysteriously, Thrall diseapeared, leaving the Horde alone. Now, Chieftains from different clans are fighting to decide who will be the new Warchief. The clans started to wage wars and slaughter the other just to proclamate their chieftain as the new warchief... Throught, Thrall, was still alive...
Campaign 2 : Dark Betrayal
While more reinforcement were sent to assist the soldiers that were preventing the Eldranith from advancing to Terrokar Forest, a group of Blood Elves, sneaked into the portal and decided to keep the dark power for themselves. They were surprised when they the Eldranith's planet, it was a dark desertic wasteland, with almost no sign of life... But, there, their enemies weren't just Eldraniths but also Demons from the Burning Legion... As time passes, the group of bloodelf will know the past of the doomed race called "Eldranith".
Campaign 3 : Awakening of the Deads
For now, Three Years, after Arthas and Nerz'hul fused together to create an even more powerful being, the new Lich King went in a long slumber... But now, having awaken, he seeks vengeance againt the mortal races of Azeroth and his former master, Kil'jaeden. His undeads minions have risen once againt, to serve him... But as the tireless Scourge advances in Azeroth, the Lich King is going to face new powerful enemies, aswell a betrayal in his ranks...
]
Campaign 4 : Curing the Corruption
The Nightlelves' campaign will be revealed later...
Campaign 5 : N/A
No ideas for the Human's campaign
Races :
Warcraft IV will features 2 new races, the Shadowborne and the Illidaris. Also, each already existing class will be changed to bring a new way of gaming. There will be also some Mini-races playable in the campaign.
Alliance
Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :
Horde
Trolls, Orcs, Taurens
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :
Night Elves
Ancients, Night Elves, ?? (Idea, maybe ?)
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :
Scourge
Undead, Nerubians, Cult of the Damneds
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :
Illidaris
Nagas, Fel Orcs, Blood Elves
Gameplay :
Units :
Swordman :
Cost (Build Time) : 140 Gold, 2 food
Build Time : 20 Second
Attack Speed : 1.30
Movement Speed : 270
Abilities :
Mana Burn (Require Arcane Blade) : Cause the Swordman's attack to burn up to 8 mana when attacking heroes and 16 mana when attacking normal unit, also cause the burned mana to combusts dealing damage equal to mana burned
Damage : 11-13
Range : Melee
Life : 395
Regeneration : 1 HP per Second
Armor : 2
Built at : Barracks
Upgrades :
Arcane Blade : Increases the Swordman's damage by 5 and allows him to burn enemies mana
Mur'gul Warrior :
Cost (Build Time) : 160 Gold, 20 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 24 Second
Attack Speed : 1.10
Movement Speed : 250 (Amphibious)
Abilities :
Submerge : The Mur'gul Warrior hides beneath Water, becoming invisible and regenerating his HP. The Mur'gul is still able to move beneath the water and if he attacks a ship while invisible, he will stop the ship and deal 40 bonus damage.
Invisibility is cancelled when the Mur'gul quits the water
Damage : 14-16
Life : 300
Regeneration : 0.75 HP per Second
Armor : 1
Built at : Tidal Temple
Upgrades :
Improved Submerge : Increases the Mur'gul regeneration while submerged.
Ranger :
Cost (Build Time) : 145 Gold, 30 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 20 Second
Attack Speed : 1.45
Abilities :
Impaling Shot (Passive) : Gives the Ranger 10% chance to deal instantly 1.20 damage and causes the target to bleed, taking additional damage for 4 seconds
Damage : 16-18
Range : 575
Life : 310
Armor : 0
Built at : Barracks
Upgrades :
Impaling Shot : Gives the Ranger the Impaling shot abilities
Felhound Rider :
Cost (Build Time) : 185 Gold, 55 Lumber, 3 food
Build Time : 30 Second
Attack Speed : 1.50
Movement Speed : 300
Abilities :
Mana Lust (Passive) : Whenever an enemy unit cast a spell within 1000 AOE, that unit is visible by the owner of this unit. (This work for unit that cast invisiblity)
Magic Hunger (Auto-Cast) : The Felhound is able to consume an ally or enemy's buff or debuff to regain health
Nether Phase (Passive) : Whenever an enemy unit cast a spell, the Felhound rider become invisible for 4 second. The first attacks deal by the Felhound rider will break the invisibility and silence the unit for 3 second
Damage : 17-24
Life : 535
Regeneration : 1.25 HP per Second
Built at : Arena
Upgrades :
Magic Hunger : Gives the Felhound Rider the Magic Hunger abilities and increases his damage by 2
Arcane Thirst : Increases the Felhound rider attack speed by 2% when using Magic Hunger for 4 second. Stack up to 5 time.
Warlock :
Cost (Build Time) : 165 Gold, 40 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 28 Second
Attack Speed : 2.10
Movement Speed : 260
Abilities :
Curse of Archimonde (Auto-Cast) : Reduces the target attack speed and causes it to lose health over time.
Demonic Shield : Engulf the target ally with a shield of flames for 10 second. The unit will passively deal damage to nearby unit and additionnal damage whenever he is attacked.
Curse of Kil'jaeden (Auto-Cast) : Causes the target unit to have increases attack speed but lose life when attacking enemies.
Damage : 8-11
Range : 500
Life : 325
Regeneration : 0.5 HP per Second
Built at : Demonic Sanctum
Upgrades :
Warlock Apprentice/Adept/Master Training : Increases the Warlock Mana by 50/75/100 and Allows it to use Demonic Shield/Curse of Kil'jaeden.
Demonic Powers : Increases the Duration of the Warlock's curses by 3 seconds.
Spellbreaker :
Cost (Build Time) : 200 Gold, 20 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 25 Second
Attack Speed : 1.70
Abilities :
Mana Steal : Whenever he attacks, the Spellbreaker steal 10 Mana from a target unit.
Magical Speed : Increases the Spellbreaker's Attack Speed by 1% each second until desactivated. Can increases up to 30% and drain mana each second.
Silence : The Spellbreaker attack silences the Target if this one does not have enough mana to resist. Also deal bonus damage.
Damage : 14-17
Range : Ranged
Life : 340
Regeneration : 1 HP per Second
Built at : Arcane Sanctum
Upgrades :
Naga Siren :
Cost (Build Time) : 195 Gold, 50 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 30 Second
Attack Speed : 1.90
Movement Speed : 250
Abilities :
Geyser : Causes a flow of water to errupt from the target area, dealing damage to enemies in the zone, aswell throwing them in the air.
Enchanted Weapons : Enchant the target's weapon with magical waters, giving it 10% chance when attacking to deal 15 bonus damage and slows the unit movement speed by 10%
Damage : 10-12
Life : 385
Built at : Tidal Temple
Upgrades :
Tidal Eruption : Enemies cought in the geyser will also be slowed by 5% after landing
Tidal Strike : Increases the damage deal by Enchanted Weapons by 10.
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :
Pact of Darkness
Shadowborne, Shadows, Eldranith
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Updates :
[19/4/2010] No Update Done
[20/4/2010] No Update Done
[21/4/2010] No Update Done
[22/4/2010] Changed a bit the description.
Remember to check daily updates. They can be small updates or very large one. Who know ?
Features :
Warcraft IV will features big improvement that weren't in warcraft III RoC and Warcraft III TFT. These can be minor change in the gameplay or major one, but they will affect the way you play.
Naval Units :
Warcraft IV will features naval units, (ships, nagas, creeps etc...) not just in campaigns, but also in melee maps. The mod will features island maps where building ships is a necessity for victory.
Advanced Construction Menu :
Three construction menu will be avalaible for each race, containing three sub-race building (Orc, Trolls and Tauren for Horde)
Also, Townhall buildings will be no longer upgradeables. Instead, three type of upgrade that can be leveled up to level 4 are possible for each race (Trolls Upgrade, Orc Upgrades and Tauren Upgrade for the Horde :) ) that will unlock new units for each sub-race. When every upgrade have reached level 3, only one of them can be upgraded to level 4, unlocking unique units and 2 heroes.

Team & Recruitement :
Leaders :
Sabrio :
Role : Leader/Terrainer/Ideas/Story/Spell

If you want to help me in the project, send a private message or leave a message in the thread or in my profile. If, instead you just want to give an idea, you could post it here.
Progress :
Races : IIIIIIIIII
Models : IIIIIIIIII
Textures : IIIIIIIIII
Music : IIIIIIIIII
Icons : IIIIIIIIII
Spells : IIIIIIIIII
Heroes : IIIIIIIIII
Campaign : IIIIIIIIII
Systems :IIIIIIIIII
Terrain : IIIIIIIIII

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
I cant wait if you need help im here =)
Im hoping you will make a "satyr"/Assassin kinda race i just think they will be fun to play.

sabrio

Reaction score
I cant wait if you need help im here =)
Im hoping you will make a "satyr"/Assassin kinda race i just think they will be fun to play.
Actually I need everyone that like to help so any help is welcome :thup:
I already have 6 race in the as* to make :) but I have my idea to incorporate creeps as mini-race (Just wait for me to reveal it)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I would like to help you with making units/spells

I'm not really available 24/7, but I guess better any help than no help at all :)

btw are you gonna follow WoW's lore or your own?

sabrio

Reaction score
I would like to help you with making units/spells

I'm not really available 24/7, but I guess better any help than no help at all :)

btw are you gonna follow WoW's lore or your own?
Well, this will be "another" continuation for Warcraft III, so it won't follow WOW lore because it's not the original Warcraft lore, anyway

HeX.16

Reaction score
Lol np
I was looking for it and i remembered that it shows the lore.

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
joohen, instead of posting something like that, try to be supportive. i agree with you in terms of there being a lot of them out there, but if you try and be supportive, a few of them might actually be finished.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Calm it guys I'm sure joohen was just joking :p

Anyway good luck with the project, the story has a lot of potential.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Calm it guys I'm sure joohen was just joking :p

Anyway good luck with the project, the story has a lot of potential.

Doubtful. I like the idea of Warcraft 4 i hope a real one comes out. Or a good warcraft 4 campaign.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Hmmm for the "members" part of the thread i would post some slots that you need filling like a terrainer or a spell man etc.

sabrio

Reaction score
Hmmm for the "members" part of the thread i would post some slots that you need filling like a terrainer or a spell man etc.
I just needs of everything (that don't mean I'm not gonna do something, but the more team members, the faster this mod will finish)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.