WIP Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows

sabrio

Reaction score
Hello, guys. I have been idle for a very long time, now. I was on holidays but now I'm back, with lot of new ideas. You thought, this was going to die ? you were wrong ;)
PS : Still recruiting anyone that want to help :thup:

Maapik

Reaction score
Sound good, I could help you if you want :thup:
I can do pretty nice terraining, and I usually have nice ideas, too. I'd be glad to send you some of my terraining screenshots.

sabrio

Reaction score
Sound good, I could help you if you want :thup:
I can do pretty nice terraining, and I usually have nice ideas, too. I'd be glad to send you some of my terraining screenshots.

Of course I want :thup:. I'm impatient to see these screenshots :)

sabrio

Reaction score
Yeah, I know... I didn't showed signs of life, but the project is still being worked on, and I came out with an idea for melee maps. In wcIII, you could buy units/items or use any neutral buildings, but in my mod, players will need to "assimilate" the neutral buildings, let me explain, players can uses neutral building only if it's owned by him or one of his teammate, there is two solutions; the first one consists of slowly conquering neutral buildings by having no enemies nearby, or if your troops are two times bigger... The second options consist of spending gold to assimilate it directly, but it cost a large amounts of gold which increases as time passes by.
Vote here

That's all, for now :thup:

sabrio

Reaction score
UPDATE !​
This is a small update to shows you more of the Illidari's units.
Workers :
The Illidari will uses two workers, the architect build faster than any other workers, but he is more expensive and cannot builds structures.
The Slave, is cheaper and harvest ressources but isn't able to repair nor construct new structures
Architect :
Cost : 170 Gold, 15 Lumber, 1 food
Build Time : 25 Second
Type : Worker
Attack Speed : 2.00
Movement Speed : 225
Abilities :
Repair : The Architect can repairs damaged buildings and mechanical units.
Damage : 5-9
Range : Melee
Life : 300
Regeneration : 1 HP per Second
Armor : 0
Built at : Illidari Keep
Upgrades :
N/A
Slave :
Cost : 60 Gold, 1 food
Build Time : 10 Second
Type : Worker
Attack Speed : 2.50
Movement Speed : 190
Abilities :
Harvest : The Slave can harvest Gold and Lumber.
Damage : 5-9
Life : 200
Regeneration : 1 HP per Second
Built at : Illidari Keep
Upgrades :
N/A
Military Units :
Each race will be divided into 3 Sub-races. The illidari, are composed of Fel Orcs, Blood Elves and Nagas... The Illidari's main townhall (Illidari Keep) will have 3 upgrades that can reach Tiers 3 each, (Bloodelf Upgrapdes, Naga Upgrade, and Fel Orc Upgrade). When each one will reach the Tier 3, the player will have the possiblity to upgrade ONE sub-race to Tier 4, unlocking unique heroes and units/buildings.
Bloodelves :
Swordman : (Tier 1)
Cost : 120 Gold, 2 food
Build Time : 20 Second
Type : Melee Soldier
Strong Againt : Casters
Attack Speed : 1.35
Movement Speed : 270
Abilities :
Arcane Blade : The Swordman's attack have 5% chance with each attack to burn 2% of the enemy's mana, the mana combust dealing damage to nearby enemies in 200 AOE equal to the burned mana.
Mana Shield (Passive) : The Swordman is surrounded by a protective shield that block up to 200 Magical Damage. The shield regenerate 10 HP/sec when out of combat.
Damage : 14-18
Life : 435
Regeneration : 1 HP/sec
Armor : 1
Built at : Elven Barracks
Upgrades :
Arcane Blade : Allows the Swordman to use his Arcane Blade's attack.
Arcanic Protection : Increases the swordman's armor by 1, also increases his shield's HP by 50 and allows it to regenerate 2 HP/sec even when in combat.
Archer : (Tier 1.5)
Cost : 135 Gold, 10 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 23 Second
Type : Ranged Soldier
Strong Againt : Melee Soldier
Attack Speed : 1.15
Abilities :
Impaling Shot : The Ranger's attack have a chance to slows the target by 25% and causes it to bleed, dealing 50% of the damage in 6 sec.
Precise Shot : Gives the ranger 5% to deal critical strike (Precise Shots and Impaling Shot can happens in the same attacks)
Damage : 16-21
Life : 350
Upgrades :
Sharpened Arrows : Increases the ranger's attack by 6.
Precise Shot : Gives the ranger 5% to deal critical strike (Precise Shots and Impaling Shot can happens in the same attacks)
Arcanist : (Tier 2)
Cost : 140 Gold, 25 Lumber, 2 food
Type : Caster
Strong Againt : Melee Soldier
Attack Speed : 1.80
Abilities :
Arcane Protection (Auto-cast) : Surrounds the target with a magical shield that reduces damage taken by 15% for 5 seconds.
Mana Drain : Drain Mana from the target if it's an enemy, or transfert mana to it if it's an enemy
Damage : 8-11
Life : 375
Built at : Arcane Sanctum
Upgrades :
None... I'm still thinking ;)
Spell Breaker : (Tier 2.5)
Cost : 180 Gold, 35 Lumber, 2 food
Build Time : 25 Second
Strong Againt : Caster
Attack Speed : 1.45
Abilities :
Mana Steal : The Spellbreaker's attack will steal 20 Mana with each hit, and distribute it among nearby allies that have mana.
Magic Lock I : The Spellbreaker's attack silence enemies for 3 sec if those have less than 75 and deal 5 Bonus Damage to Them.
Magic Lock II : The Spellbreaker's attack silence enemies for 3 sec if those have less than 150 and deal 10 Bonus Damage to Them.
Damage : 16-24
Life : 525
Regeneration : 1.5 HP/sec
Upgrades :
Magic Lock : Allows the Spellbreaker's attack to silence enemies for 3 sec if those have less than 75/150 (Level 1/Level 2) and deal 5/10 Bonus Damage to Them.
Improved Magic Lock : Upgrades the Spellbreaker's Magic Lock to level 2
Nagas :
Mur'Gul Warrior : (Tier 1)
Cost : 135 Gold, 2 food
Build Time : 22 Second
Strong Againt : Ranged Soldier
Attack Speed : 1.40
Abilities :
Evasion : The Mur'gul Warrior have 5% chance to evade an attacks.
Damage : 12-15
Life : 425
Regeneration : 1.25 HP/sec
Built at : Spawning Grounds
Upgrades :
Improved Evasion : Increases the mur'gul chances to evade by 5%
Counter Attack : The Mur'gul deal 30 Damage to his attacked if he evaded an attack.
Naga Lancer : (Tier 1.75)
Cost : 115 Gold, 25 Lumber, 2 food
Strong Againt : Melee Soldiers
Attack Speed : 1.40
Abilities :
Sprint : The Naga Lancer gets 80% increases attack speed for 5 Second.
Life : 495
Upgrades :
Heavy Lance : The Naga Lancer deals 10% Bonus damage to mounted units
Charge : If the Naga Lancer attack a unit while he is sprinting, he will slows it by 25% for 4 sec and will deal x1.45 Damage
Mur'gul Tidecaller: (Tier 2.5)
Cost : 125 Gold, 45 Lumber, 2 Food
Build Time : 27 Second
Type : Caster
Strong Againt : N/A
Attack Speed : 1.45
Abilities :
Sea Orb (Passive) : The Mur'gul's attack slows grounds enemies by 10%, and naval units by 25%.
Water Shield (Auto-cast): Envellops the target in a shield of water, the shield will absorbs 100 Damage, and will then collapses, dealing 50% of the damage absorbed to the nearby targets.
Life : 435
Upgrades :
Water Shield : Allows the Mur'gul Tidecaller to cast "Water Shield, which envellops the target in a shield of water, the shield will absorbs 100 Damage, and will then collapses, dealing 50% of the damage absorbed to the nearby targets.
Protective Shield : Reduces the damage dealt by Water Shield by 25%, but also increases the damage absorbed by 25%. Disable "Offensive Shield"
Offensive Shield : Reduces the damage absorbed by Water Shield by 25%, but also increases the damage dealt by 25%. Disable "Protective Shield"

sabrio

Reaction score
I have been working onthis for a very very long times, but still, as day passes, almost oneis interessed on this, now :(
All my members leaved, since they fought it'a a waste of time, and there is no point to work on this huge project, alone and without someone interessed :/
At the beginning, I wanted, yes I wanted, to finish it, I had enough motivation, but, I didn't thought that no one, or almost, will forget it... Almost one one, took the time to read this thread, just thinking of Another Warcraft IV not better than EoE, but now, I understand why every wcIV is abandoned...because no one is interessed, thus, I too, abandon this project, and my dream...
I say goodbye to the 1 or 2few guys that willl look at this, and say goodluck to Kingbdogz

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, Sabrio, I thought the project had quite a lot of potential. Just remember this: even if no one posts on your thread, doesn't mean they aren't interested. I bet plenty of people do read this thread, and I for one do too. I don't post that often, but I'm still interested.

Although I encourage you to continue your project, I can't stop you from your own will to decide. I just hope you consider staying with the project.

If you really want people to help you, maybe you can reboot Warcraft IV under a different name. HOWEVER, don't just leave your thread the same; improve it, add as much detail as you can, and make it look professional. If you show people that you are dedicated, and you update the thread on a weekly basis, they will become interested and offer to help.

Good luck.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
don't quit man

reason why nobody shows interest is because nobody really likes reading walls of text
I mean, ppl don't really care about new units you've added
a gameplay video, cinematic or just a screenshot of some cool, new stuff would do a lot and show ppl that you've actually done more than they think

I agree with King, the layout of the main post looks pretty boring
make it more special and unique
1 picture can tell more about your project than detailed description of units and their stats

maybe release a demo version, something like a single mission map that shows what you've done so far and what we can expect in the future

to be honest, I never liked the title
I love your story, but the title kinda makes no connection with it

I understand it's hard maintaining such a project alone and I would help if I had my own pc and time :(
I gave you some encouraging rep if it helps

it's up to you

sabrio

Reaction score
don't quit man
reason why nobody shows interest is because nobody really likes reading walls of text
I mean, ppl don't really care about new units you've added
a gameplay video, cinematic or just a screenshot of some cool, new stuff would do a lot and show ppl that you've actually done more than they think
I agree with King, the layout of the main post looks pretty boring
make it more special and unique
Any suggestion for that ?
1 picture can tell more about your project than detailed description of units and their stats
maybe release a demo version, something like a single mission map that shows what you've done so far and what we can expect in the future
:/.... Maybe....
to be honest, I never liked the title
I love your story, but the title kinda makes no connection with it
I didn't liked the title, throught, I had no better idea and I was doing things more important
I understand it's hard maintaining such a project alone and I would help if I had my own pc and time :(
I gave you some encouraging rep if it helps
I remember, before, you proposed to help me, but I asked you to make a spell for me and you were frustated because you couldn't do so you left :D
I'm sorry to hear that, Sabrio, I thought the project had quite a lot of potential. Just remember this: even if no one posts on your thread, doesn't mean they aren't interested. I bet plenty of people do read this thread, and I for one do too. I don't post that often, but I'm still interested.
I think, some guys are interessed, but it's just that I have 2k,3 views and it's surely 70% of them done by me clicking on "refresh" =/
Although I encourage you to continue your project, I can't stop you from your own will to decide. I just hope you consider staying with the project.
I don't know...I will see how it keep's going :(
If you really want people to help you, maybe you can reboot Warcraft IV under a different name. HOWEVER, don't just leave your thread the same; improve it, add as much detail as you can, and make it look professional. If you show people that you are dedicated, and you update the thread on a weekly basis, they will become interested and offer to help.
Maybe... but how to improve it ? :/

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You want people to get interested? Finish it. Quite simple.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Any suggestion for that ?
well first of all, change that ugly font of the title
I didn't liked the title, throught, I had no better idea and I was doing things more important
actually it is important, because when ppl open the thread for the first time, the first thing they see is the title
if you can, make a custom logo
something like this:
wc4l.png
I remember, before, you proposed to help me, but I asked you to make a spell for me and you were frustated because you couldn't do so you left :D
really? well I could try again, but I can't remember the spell :p

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
I think, some guys are interessed, but it's just that I have 2k,3 views and it's surely 70% of them done by me clicking on "refresh" =/

That actually doesn't work with refreshes, it's based on the user. So in other words, 2k views = 2k users have viewed your thread.

Baldar

Reaction score
don't quit, please !
2,4k peoples are watching this, and other 99% are interessed.
Makes your thread looks more professional, changes that title and create a logo, and you will attract more people, Trust me ;)
If you decide to continue, contacts me, I could help as a 3D modeller, throught, I don't know how to skin/aniimate; but that's better than nothing.

Judt don't quit :(

You want people to get interested? Finish it. Quite simple.
Maybe it's just me, but I thinks it's a pointless reply x/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.