WIP Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows

sabrio

Reaction score
Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows​

"Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows" is a new mod for Blizzard's popular RTS "Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne". It will features five epic campaigns that will continue the story of the Warcraft Universe and the fate of Azeroth. It will also features two new races, the Shadowborne and the Illidaris, aswell remake of the old ones.

U p d a t e s

20/3/2011

I am currently working on the Orc Race and one of the hero, the War Seer.

War Seer​
images

The War Seer are powerful shamans who mastered the arts of fighting and weapons. These rare shamans-warriors are powerful melee fighters who enchants their weapons with the powers of the four elements and use it to bring destructions upon their enemies or supports their allies with magical totems.

Primary Stat : Agility

The War Seer are an hybrid melee fighter and spellcaster hero that is better with a horde of troops behind him due to his powerful enchanting totems.

Totems :
The War Seer possesses a large variety of offensive and supportive totems. He can have one totem at the beginning, but at level 5/10 he can uses 2/3 totems at the same time.
Here some Examples :
Firefury Totem : A magic totem that hits a nearby enemy with fire magic every 0.5 seconds, dealing minor damage
Stoneskin Totem : Increases nearby allies armor by 3
Windspeed Totem : Increases the movement speed of nearby allies by 35% and their attackspeed by 15%
Frostnova Totem : Summons a totem that will inflicts ice damage ot nearby enemies every 3 seconds

Of course, these are only some examples

Orbs :
Each time you cast a spell or attack with a enchanted weapon, you gain a orb of that element, that orb can be kept for bonuses or used for casting certains spells. You can have up to 5 orbs actives.
Wind : Increases your attack speed by 5% per orb.
Fire : Every unit who attack unit get damaged for 10% of your intelligence per orb.
Water : You have 2% chance per orb to release a frost nova when attacked, damaging nearby enemies by 1.10 of your intelligence and slowing them for 3 second, reducing movespeed by 35%.
Earth : Increases armor by 10% per orb

Enchantments :
The War Seer can enchants his weapon with one of the four elements
Fire : Your attacks deal 30% additionnal damage over 6 seconds.
Wind : Increases attack speed by 5% and attacks have 10% chance to inflicts minor damage to nearby enemies
Earth : Increases your damage by 5% and attacks reduces the target's armor by 10% or have chance to inflcits x2 damage againt buildings
Water : Increases mana regeneration by 150% and attacks have a chance to freeze enemies for 1 second

Spells :
Here are some example of spells used by the War Seer
Elemental Fury : Hits the target with your weapon, generating 3 orbs (the element is based on your enchantment) aswell inflicting 200% of your intelligence as damage. 1 Minute Cooldown
Chain Lightning : Conjures a chain lightning that hits 4 enemies inflicting 150% of your intelligence to each one of them. 10 Seconds Cooldown
Magma Explosion : Inflicts fire damage to nearby enemies (+15% per Fire Orb) and reduces their damage by 15% (+5% more per Earth Orb)
Wind Gust : Summons a gust of wind that inflicts damage in cone and pushes enemies back. Give 2 Wind Orbs.
Wind Strike : Inflicts Nature damage to a specific enemy. Increases damage by 10% per Wind Orb

Remember to check out our updates every so often in order to keep up with the modifications development.

P r o g r e s s

Races
IIIIIIIIII

Models
IIIIIIIIII

Textures
IIIIIIIIII

Music
IIIIIIIIII

Icons
IIIIIIIIII

Spells
IIIIIIIIII

Heroes
IIIIIIIIII

Campaign
IIIIIIIIII

Systems
IIIIIIIIII

Terrain
IIIIIIIIII

S t o r y l i n e

Prologue

Dark Powers

Four years after Illidans' defeat againt the death knight Arthas, the Demon Hunter was saved by his loyal servants and retreated to his immense stronghold in the red wastelands of Hellfire Peninsula. With Draeneis, Naga, Blood Elves and Fel Orcs under his command, Illidan now completly reigns over the broken worlds of Outland. But as time passes by, new enemies have shown themselves : in Shadowmoon Valley, mysterious creatures come from black portals and attacked Illidaris' outposts at random.
Illidan and his loyal servants sensed shadowy powers coming from the dimensional portal these beings summoned...
Missions and Cinematics :

Campaign 1

Blood of the Horde

Cured from the Demonic Magic, the Horde, went to the desertic lands of the Barrens, guided by their warchief Thrall. The Orcish Horde built their homelands there, Orgrimmar. For Three Years, Thrall and Jaina tried to prevent new COnflicts againt the two Factions. But mysteriously, Thrall diseapeared, leaving the Horde alone. Now, Chieftains from different clans are fighting to decide who will be the new Warchief. The clans started to wage wars and slaughter the other just to proclamate their chieftain as the new warchief...

Campaign 2

Rise of the Shadowborne

While more reinforcement were sent to assist the soldiers that were preventing these mysterious warriors from advancing to Terrokar Forest, a group of Blood Elves, sneaked into the portal and decided to keep the dark power for themselves. They were surprised when they the Eldranith's planet, it was a dark desertic wasteland, with almost no sign of life... But, there, their enemies weren't just Eldraniths but also Demons from the Burning Legion... As time passes, the group of bloodelf will know the past of the race called "Eldranith".

Campaign 3

Awakening of the Deads

For now, Three Years, after Arthas and Nerz'hul fused together to create an even more powerful being, the new Lich King went in a long slumber... But now, having awaken, he seeks vengeance againt the mortal races of Azeroth and his former master, Kil'jaeden. His undeads minions have risen once againt, to serve him... But as the tireless Scourge advances in Azeroth, the Lich King is going to face new powerful enemies, aswell a betrayal in his ranks...

Campaign 4

N/A

The Nightlelves' campaign will be revealed later...

Campaign 5

N/A

The Humans' campaign will be revealed later...

R a c e s

Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows will features 2 new races, the Shadowborne and the Illidari. Each existing race will be changed to match the gameplay changes and additions used in the new races. There will be also some mini-races playable in the campaign.

Alliance

Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes
Gameplay:

Units:

Buildings:

Heroes:

Items Buyables:

Upgrades:

Horde

Trolls, Orcs, Taurens
Gameplay:

Units:

Buildings:

Heroes:
I am currently working on the Orc Race and one of the hero, the War Seer.

War Seer​
images

The War Seer are powerful shamans who mastered the arts of fighting and weapons. These rare shamans-warriors are powerful melee fighters who enchants their weapons with the powers of the four elements and use it to bring destructions upon their enemies or supports their allies with magical totems.

Primary Stat : Agility

The War Seer are an hybrid melee fighter and spellcaster hero that is better with a horde of troops behind him due to his powerful enchanting totems.

Totems :
The War Seer possesses a large variety of offensive and supportive totems. He can have one totem at the beginning, but at level 5/10 he can uses 2/3 totems at the same time.
Here some Examples :
Firefury Totem : A magic totem that hits a nearby enemy with fire magic every 0.5 seconds, dealing minor damage
Stoneskin Totem : Increases nearby allies armor by 3
Windspeed Totem : Increases the movement speed of nearby allies by 35% and their attackspeed by 15%
Frostnova Totem : Summons a totem that will inflicts ice damage ot nearby enemies every 3 seconds

Of course, these are only some examples

Orbs :
Each time you cast a spell or attack with a enchanted weapon, you gain a orb of that element, that orb can be kept for bonuses or used for casting certains spells. You can have up to 5 orbs actives.
Wind : Increases your attack speed by 5% per orb.
Fire : Every unit who attack unit get damaged for 10% of your intelligence per orb.
Water : You have 2% chance per orb to release a frost nova when attacked, damaging nearby enemies by 1.10 of your intelligence and slowing them for 3 second, reducing movespeed by 35%.
Earth : Increases armor by 10% per orb

Enchantments :
The War Seer can enchants his weapon with one of the four elements
Fire : Your attacks deal 30% additionnal damage over 6 seconds.
Wind : Increases attack speed by 5% and attacks have 10% chance to inflicts minor damage to nearby enemies
Earth : Increases your damage by 5% and attacks reduces the target's armor by 10% or have chance to inflcits x2 damage againt buildings
Water : Increases mana regeneration by 150% and attacks have a chance to freeze enemies for 1 second

Spells :
Here are some example of spells used by the War Seer
Elemental Fury : Hits the target with your weapon, generating 3 orbs (the element is based on your enchantment) aswell inflicting 200% of your intelligence as damage. 1 Minute Cooldown
Chain Lightning : Conjures a chain lightning that hits 4 enemies inflicting 150% of your intelligence to each one of them. 10 Seconds Cooldown
Magma Explosion : Inflicts fire damage to nearby enemies (+15% per Fire Orb) and reduces their damage by 15% (+5% more per Earth Orb)
Wind Gust : Summons a gust of wind that inflicts damage in cone and pushes enemies back. Give 2 Wind Orbs.
Wind Strike : Inflicts Nature damage to a specific enemy. Increases damage by 10% per Wind Orb
Items Buyables:

Upgrades:

Night Elves

Ancients, Night Elves
Gameplay:

Units:

Buildings:

Heroes:

Items Buyables:

Upgrades:

Scourge

Undead, Nerubians, Cult of the Damned
Gameplay:

Units:

Buildings:

Heroes:

Items Buyables:

Upgrades:

Illidari

Naga, Fel Orcs, Blood Elves
Gameplay:

Units:

Buildings:

Heroes:

Items Buyables:

Upgrades:

Pact of Darkness

Shadowborne, Shadows, Eldranith
Gameplay:

Units:

Buildings:

Heroes:

Items Buyables:

Upgrades:

F e a t u r e s

Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows will feature big improvements that weren't in Warcraft III: The Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. This includes minor changes to the gameplay and major ones, but the way they affect the gameplay will allow you to use even more diverse strategies than in the previous games.

Naval Units

Warcraft IV will features naval units, (ships, nagas, creeps etc...) not just in campaigns, but also in melee maps. The mod will features island maps where building ships is a necessity for victory.​

T e a m

Leaders

Sabrioo :
Role: Unit/Terrainer/Ideas/Story/Gameplay
Other Forums : The Helper

Members

Pietje
Role: Triggers
Other Forums : The Hiveworkshop :

R e c r u i t m e n t

If you want to help this project thrive and grow, send a private message to me (Sabrio) or simply leave a message in this thread. If you just want to give an idea, you are greatly encouraged to post it below.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
This is a Campaign so Single-Player map? :/

Campaign 5​
Rise of the Demon Race​
Human Campaign - Many years have past since the battle of Humans vs Demons and now the Demons have risen again, they have an even larger army than you and you must do whatever it takes to defeat them, even if it takes your life... Otherwise Earth will be covered in darkness.

Night Elves needs another type, seems not-unique comparing to the other races having 3 types. I suggest a type like Stalkers or Riders, Natures Guardian/Force, or Unseen/Hidden Warriors

sabrio

Reaction score
This is a Campaign so Single-Player map? :/

Campaign 5​
Rise of the Demon Race​
Human Campaign - Many years have past since the battle of Humans vs Demons and now the Demons have risen again, they have an even larger army than you and you must do whatever it takes to defeat them, even if it takes your life... Otherwise Earth will be covered in darkness.

Night Elves needs another type, seems not-unique comparing to the other races having 3 types. I suggest a type like Stalkers or Riders, Natures Guardian/Force, or Unseen/Hidden Warriors
I know for the Night Elves, and I'm looking for something to add to them ^^
For the human campaign, it doesn't really match the theme of my campaign, so I'm not going to use it, soryy
Nice to see you working on this again :p good luck man
thanks ^^

sabrio

Reaction score
Kk :/ So... Whens the first beta gonna be released?

It's somewhat difficult to answer that, honestly, there is many thing to be done first... Anyway, do you guys prefer a big release with many campaign missions/melee maps or smaller releases (that come faster) with one-or-two maps ?

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
Anyway, do you guys prefer a big release with many campaign missions/melee maps or smaller releases (that come faster) with one-or-two maps ?

lol precisely the question I asked when i was planning to launch my campaign...

Personally I would prefer the smaller releases but each to his own n at the end i think its just frankly your call coz everyone will argue one or the other unless u find that most ppl like one idea more....

sabrio

Reaction score
I am currently working on a garrison system :
Each tower or military ships can garrison ranged units, allowing them to attack from the ship/tower.
The unit will be visually seen standing atop the tower or in the ship and will gain 25% evasion, +2 Armor and 10% damage (numbers may change) as long it is in the tower/ship.

Mirg

Reaction score
I am currently working on a garrison system :
Each tower or military ships can garrison ranged units, allowing them to attack from the ship/tower.
The unit will be visually seen standing atop the tower or in the ship and will gain 25% evasion, +2 Armor and 10% damage (numbers may change) as long it is in the tower/ship.
I think its really simple to do that, but you need a couple models

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This looks like a massive project, it's good to make goals in notepad for a project like this and be patient with it as its easy to get sick of it in the trigger phase. watching this don't want to miss it : )

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Naga, Fel Orcs, Blood Elves
That seems like an unbelievably powerful combination.
The Naga are all-round strong, and amphibious. The Fel Orcs are essentially the strongest combat-race on steroids, and the Blood Elves are probably the best magicians out there. :p

sabrio

Reaction score
This looks like a massive project, it's good to make goals in notepad for a project like this and be patient with it as its easy to get sick of it in the trigger phase. watching this don't want to miss it : )
thankl you for support, and yes, I must agree that triggering is the most boring phase ^^
> Naga, Fel Orcs, Blood Elves
That seems like an unbelievably powerful combination.
The Naga are all-round strong, and amphibious. The Fel Orcs are essentially the strongest combat-race on steroids, and the Blood Elves are probably the best magicians out there. :p
Don't worry, they will be balanced, don't think you will see the powerful nagas of TFT :)

sabrio

Reaction score
A small bump to tells you that this project that i'ms sitmm working on this project
I also, have a small question :
Warcraft IV will includes : Naval Battle, Garrison System (in both towers and vehicles), Advanced Creeps A.I, and many other features...
What king of gameplay-enhancing features you'd like to see in wcIV ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.