WIP Warcraft IV

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Just one question about an idea I got.
In melee maps, and maybe campaigns, there is sometimes a "creep camp" which are neutral hostile's unit which build a base.If a player destroys the base, he get control of a mercenary camp allowing him to train some units.

And here some example of how the War IV's icon looks like :

It's basically a little overview of the unit's model.I prefer this to the normal unit's icon since since players can have an idea about the unit :)
Of course it's has border in-game

PS : It's the first I made ^^

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Just one question about an idea I got.
In melee maps, and maybe campaigns, there is sometimes a "creep camp" which are neutral hostile's unit which build a base.If a player destroys the base, he get control of a mercenary camp allowing him to train some units.

And here some example of how the War IV's icon looks like :

It's basically a little overview of the unit's model.I prefer this to the normal unit's icon since since players can have an idea about the unit :)
Of course it's has border in-game

PS : It's the first I made ^^

Nice idea for the icons! If you want to make it look a lot more appealing, you could perhaps make the colour of the units a sepia or gray/white tone. Also, have fog around the unit for a form of background. As for the neutral base, I like that idea. Infact me and Shady have been planning to do something similar for a while, but we want them to act more like "Intelligent Animals in Packs" instead of a seperate unplayable race. Creep races generally don't work together too well.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good ideas with the Icons Soul and thanks for the tip King.

Also, everyone please remember to check the first post from time to time as it is constantly being updating. Recently, A few Icons, unit stats and a Poll has been added.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Good ideas with the Icons Soul and thanks for the tip King.

Also, everyone please remember to check the first post from time to time as it is constantly being updating. Recently, A few Icons, unit stats and a Poll has been added.

Yep, also updated the first post with the Introduction Cinematic of the Undeads

soul_reaper

Reaction score
I finished the Scourge's and the Alliance's units.
I'm doing their spells for now and I may give you some Information about some of them.
Anyone that like to help me in any way is welcome :)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
wow :eek:

so it shouldn't take too long before you post a demo map, right?

you got full support from me :thup: and some +rep

I would help, but I don't spend much time on pc :(

soul_reaper

Reaction score
wow :eek:

so it shouldn't take too long before you post a demo map, right?

you got full support from me :thup: and some +rep

I would help, but I don't spend much time on pc :(
I just said I finished the units' stats and spells. :D
There is still the AI,models,textures,icons etc...In other word, the things I'm unable to do :/
If you watnt to help me, tell me what you can do :)

punwisp

Reaction score
I swear, theres least 1 new wc4 project every 1-2 months. They normally only last that long too

Good luck though

soul_reaper

Reaction score
I swear, theres least 1 new wc4 project every 1-2 months. They normally only last that long too

Good luck though
Mine lasted more than 1 month throught, and I'm still working on it :) .
I just bumped this old thread for 2 reason :
1) Unfortunately, my computer crashed, all the units, missions and models were deleted and I fear that I have to restart the project.It may halt the progress but that's not a very big deal.
2)I'm looking for 3 spells for the Banshee

punwisp

Reaction score
Mine lasted more than 1 month throught, and I'm still working on it :) .
I just bumped this old thread for 2 reason :
1) Unfortunately, my computer crashed, all the units, missions and models were deleted and I fear that I have to restart the project.It may halt the progress but that's not a very big deal.
2)I'm looking for 3 spells for the Banshee

Lol, if you were going to say you were dropping the pro0ject cus of that, we would likely just say "pft BS" Because you will see all sorts of excuses for killing a project, true or not.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Lol, if you were going to say you were dropping the pro0ject cus of that, we would likely just say "pft BS" Because you will see all sorts of excuses for killing a project, true or not.

:)
I never said that I will kill this project :D:nuts:
It's just, bad luck.It is the life :D
I also said that it's not a big deal since I working as fast as I can to reamake what I lost.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
I knew you had no sign from me these days but I'm still working and Warcraft IV.Here a little update with a small introduction about the Undeads :
Like in warcraft 3, the Undeads still harvest lumber with the Ghoul and gold with the Acolyte.They also still "summons" buildings.but they have a new defensive strategy : anupgrade called "Soul Collection",reshearched in the Necropolis, which, whenever an enemy unit dies, heals nearby buildings, this is helpful if you have tower massing.
Let's talk about the basic melee unit of the Undeads : The Ghoul.
Before starting, I'd like to say that I highly improved the ghoul because warcraft 3's players seems to use Ghouls ONLY for lumber harvesting.
The new Ghouls (Note that name gonna change) have a little life and armor but they are extremely fast, in attacking and moving.They have an ability, which needs an upgrades, called Ghoul Frenzy, that gives the Ghoul 15% chance to increases the attack speed of the Ghoul.They also have another upgrades, called "Feast", which gives 25% lifesteal for the Ghoul when in Frenzy, with their high damage and attack speed, they are capable of regeneration so they compensate their low life
The second unit, the Bone Fletcher, is the new ranged unit of the Scourge's army.They have an ability called Ice Arrow that slows enemies, allowing the Bone Fletcher to achieve melee enemies easily.
That's all for now, more to come soon throught.
Suggestion, critism and feedback are welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.