Warcraft: The Movie

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Have you heard anything new about this film?

Im so looking forward to see it.

Ill probably get stuck in the cinema for like 2 years after this one comes out ;)

Want more info about this? I dont think Blizzard has said too much about it but there is some in the Press-Section on www.legendarypictures.com :)

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
I think it's still in the brainstorming-stage though so picture's seem a bit far away:p

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I'd like it to follow the storyline of Reign of Chaos, but I doubt that will happen.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
The only thing ive heard (dunno if it's roumors) is that it's gonna be seen from a Human perspective.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
That's probably a safe bet. Starting from the view of another race would alienate people who aren't familiar with the franchise. On a related note, I think the Warcraft name will scare off a lot of people who see WoW as the epitome of geekiness. Of course that wouldn't matter because the 10 million players of the game would still see it. Thoughts?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
It'll be probably be labeled like startrek the movie was but as long as it has an awesome director then im good with it. ;) Same goes for the starcraft movie. :D

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
I reckon it will all depend on the person(s) that will stage out the whole movie, it could go either way... but hopefully it will work out soon o_O

That's probably a safe bet. Starting from the view of another race would alienate people who aren't familiar with the franchise. On a related note, I think the Warcraft name will scare off a lot of people who see WoW as the epitome of geekiness. Of course that wouldn't matter because the 10 million players of the game would still see it. Thoughts?

I'm definitely one of them, probably this whole forum will go out to see this movie. :)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
..as long as they get the 'looks' right...

the characters / races have to look like i wc3 or WoW..

today's prosthetic effects are good but it would be better if they make it like 300 or Beowulf, with a rougher look.

I agree on that:) I think that they should make them look like that in the "movies" in wc3, that looks almost like taken from a movie anyway:D

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Eh. I'd rather not watch a movie that's totally dark. The shading just looks ugly to me. The 300 look was comic bookish. I understood why they did that, but they shouldn't ruin WoW with that style. I think WoW has it's own look, which is much different than the "rough" look of 300.

Beowulf, in my opinion, was horrible.

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
quite sad, that most people that know wow (99% of all people exept for people who live in alaska) are just not going to watch it no matter how awesome the cinematics are... since they think the geekfactor is... high, which is prolly true, anyway. but! I look forward seeing it

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
The Main Question to me is, will it be CGI or Live Action (which i can't see turning out any good)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I've heard that its going to be a live action rendition following the beginning of WoW itself, right after Arthas takes to the frozen throne. You know, the little battles between the Alliance and the Horde.

EDIT: It actually says live action on the press page from the link up in the first post.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
Wow! A warcraft movie.
Bahh! I really wish you're right. I don't know the story after Arthas claims the
Throne. Illidan died!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.