Warner Bros. announces Batman/Superman movie

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
worlds-finest-no-bale.jpg

Warner Bros. announces Batman/Superman movie for 2015

By Chris Begley on July 20th, 2013

You guys sitting down? After months of rumors and speculation Warner Bros. made an official announcement at the San Diego Comic-Con — a Batman/Superman movie is coming in 2015! The movie will serve as a follow-up to Man of Steel and is being directed by Zack Snyder. Snyder is also co-writing the story with David Goyer, the man responsible for writing the Dark Knight trilogy with Christopher Nolan. Speaking of Nolan, he’ll be back as an executive producer for Batman/Superman. Based on the press release below it sounds like Batman is being “rebooted” here, and will not be played by Christian Bale. The movie will go into production next year and is targeting a Summer 2015 release.

Zack Snyder just took the stage at Comic-Con and brought up actor Harry Lennix to read a classic line from The Dark Knight Returns:

I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.

Snyder said “we’re not adapting [The Dark Knight Returns], but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.” They then cut to a Batman/Superman logo to end the presentation.

Continue reading here.

--- --- ---

Yes. I really hope they get some good writers on board this.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
My friend remains jaded. I showed him this article and he said, "Depends on what they do with the franchise." The ass hole.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> get some good writers on board
Completely agree with you. Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was awesomely written. The Man of Steel was a lil......

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I liked Man of Steel, I don't have too many complaints with the writing personally but I can see why many don't like it. It's the same writers essentially (David Goyer and the Nolan's did Dark Knight, Man of Steel was like mostly Goyer and some Nolan) but yeah, people aren't liking David Goyer too much after Man of Steel. I think Man of Steel was just difficult for them to write since it is Superman.

I am excited either way.

On a side note, I started watching Arrow from the CW, which is like their interpretation of Green Arrow. It's too much their own show (like Dark Knight did for Batman) but the show itself is very good, and I wouldn't mind seeing DC heroes like that start making cameos in the movies like Marvel did with the Avengers slowly. 2015 is going to be a big year, :)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Then they can make him a hero and Batman/Superman to a villain
It would be hilarious! :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Is this the movie where they finally admit Gotham is, in fact, New York City?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Gotham is also Chicago!

Gotham City is a mixture of a lot of things, but yeah it very much embodies New York City as well. The early comics based it off of many places like Chicago, Pittsburg, New York, etc.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Nop, Sin City is from Dark Horse comics, not DC. Sin City would be more like Las Vegas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.