"Warning! Connection Problems Detected" and then "Disconnected from Server"

C

Chest Wound

Ok, I can't figure out what's going on here... I've been working fine for months and now all of a sudden, after I enter a game (through my D-Link DI-804 router) I get the message "Warning! Connection Problems Detected" within 0 to 3 minutes and then I'm "Disconnected from Server" and dumped to the main in-game menu. At this point, I can browse the servers and reconnect, but the problem repeats itself, even when I connect to servers where my ping is around 30.

I tried plugging my DSL modem directly into my computer, bypassing my router/network, and everything seemed to work ok. When I plugged the router back in, the problem reappeared.

My system is a P4 2.53GHz w/512MB RAM, so I don't think that's a problem... the router is a D-Link DI-804. I've assigned my computer a specific IP address and made my IP the DMZ. I also found some information about ports (at the end of this message in case it's useful to anyone) and just said heck with it and set the WAN Filter on my router to Pass everything (UDP and TCP). Am I missing something? I dont' see a way to "enable" ports, only to enter the info in a filter and allow it to pass on the LAN and WAN.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas for a fix? At this point, I'm out of ideas... I've heard rumors that the 1.31 patch causes some of these issues, but I installed 1.31 the day it came out and I didn't have problems until 2 days ago. I'm confused as to why this problem suddenly appeared.

Ideas? Anyone? Beuler?

Thanks,
-CW

---
Allow UDP Port 14567
Allow UDP Port 14690
Allow UDP 22000 (This is only for LAN games, and used by computers on the same network)
Allow UDP range 23000-23009
# GameSpy Master Server UDP Heartbeat:
Allow UDP Port 27900
# GameSpy Master Server List Request:
Allow TCP Port 28900

J

jswift

ChestWound:

Im having the exact same problem.

I also have d-link, tho its older 704 model.

I have 1 ghz pentium (815), 512 ram.

I have:
1 win XP
2 installed all new drivers for everything,
audio -> SB Live! (value) :(
video -> Nvidia, i forget which, its all same drivers
Flashbios for my chipset, at Dell's insistance
3 reduced in game options all frills, texture, sound, view distance ,etc
4 tried the other suggs in other posts here and else where, including the renderer allowAllRefreshRates to 1, etc and others

all for nought. I connect to game, load fine. during spawn i see one warning ,about 1 sec. enter game and it slowly comes more often, and longer, until im disconnected from server.

I am sooooo frustrated, anyone have any ideas?

U

Unregistered

Same Problem Here

My Battlefield 1942 and Road to Rome ver 1.31 has been working for 4 months. Since 4/13/03 (today is 4/18/03) whenever I con nect to ANy server and start to play I will get the error "Warning! Connection Problems Detected!" every MINUTE or so. It will just stop for 15 seconds and then the game will continue but by then someone either shoots me or I crash the plane. Why is the happening all of a sudden? I have a Pent 4 2.6GHZ, 1024 DDR RAM. I connect through cable modem. NO CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER AT ALL. IS IT MY CABLE PROVIDER?? DID SOMEONE STEAL MY SERIAL NUMBER?? I am really at a loss to find what is wrong here. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U

Unregistered

I also have the same issue my friends...I have removed the router from the equation. Also, uninstalled and reinstalled countless times to no avail. Went into the registry and removed any instances of battlefield 1942. Still not working...contacted EA and they have no clue, thought it was a port problem. Contacted my ISP there is no port problem. SIGH!

What irks me is that is was working before and all of a sudden it just stopped. "Disconnected from server." Tried d/ling the patches again, nothing. If somebody, ANYBODY could help us few we'd all appreciate it I'm sure.

thanks,

Brad

J

Just a n00b

Ditto the connection problems and I recently upped to 1Mbps broadband via cable modem. And have you guys seen the number of times this thread has been viewed since the original post?

There are quite a few of us out there.

Gary

XP
P4 1.4
640 Rambus RAM
Creative GF4 Ti4200
Creative Live player 5.1

U

Unregistered

I get the same problem....

try reading the other posts from battlefield 1942 support...

they might help. I am trying everything today...

let me know if you find an answer,@

[email protected] thnx

U

Unregistered

I get it too... I emailed EA tech support about 2 weeks ago, no response yet ..wankers.

My specs:
P4 2.53 @ 3.0
Abit IT7 Max2 Rev2
512 MB Corsair PC3200 DDR
Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb
Soundbastard Live 5.1
Full-frame (1.5 mbit) T1 Connection
Linksys 4 port Switch/Router w/ latest firmware

R

ranman

I get randomly disconnected... because of Windows XP.
I have a dual boot system with XP and 98, and I can play using win98 just fine with no disconnects. When playing in XP, I get disconnected randomly anywhere from 2 minutes to 20 minutes into the game.

Mostly I'm wondering if anyone had to make any tweaks in XP to fix the problem?

btw, I also have a linksys router (BEFSR41); perhaps some interaction with the router and XP??

U

Unregistered

same issue...

i've got the same problem... new dell 4550 with a dlink 704 router... any solutions yet?

R

ranman

Hmm, well I thought is was XP. I finally started to get disconnected running under 98. I guess its just pretty random for my setup.

One thing I tried, and I've been playing for about 2 hours with no disconnects (XP again), is I set the DMZ host on the router to be my PC, which bypasses any filtering done by the router. This also opens up the PC for hacking, but I'm running Zone Alarm on it, so I feel 'fairly' safe.

U

Unregistered

This happens to me as well. But it just started today. All was well unitl I tried to setup a home network. All I did was run the microsoft network wizard I did not chang any router settings (Linsys). Could'nt get the network to start so to ease frustrations I decide to play some BF. I get on through The All Seeing Eye. Game loads up and as soon as I go to pick a team. Boom "Disconnected from server". Back to main screen. I dont know if this is all kawinkie dink or not. Just thought I would add my 3 cents.

Jaydawg

U

Unregistered

I found the answer to my problem on another forum. I had to reset my router. Did that and all is well again with universe.

ahhhh.

Jaydawg

S

S_E_I_Z_E_R

BF42 player 551 days

If you are have multiple 'disconnected from server' errors - even after re-installing and updating the patches - your Punk Buster client may need manual updating.

This solution may help you, it worked for me after zero feedback and from EA and an evening spent trawling the internet:

Download the appropriate PBWEB for your operating system from the links provided below. Be sure to save into the home "pb" directory on your hard drive (find this here: \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb) and then launch PBWEB. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory, then it will not work. Note that PBWEB works for all games supported by PunkBuster and it works for both Players and also Admins running PB Servers.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Patches summary:

1. Install vanilla BF42 + Road to Rome + Secret Weapons = Version 1.45

Download and install: battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19

Download and install: battlefield_1942_incremental_patch_v1.6_to_v1.61b

That's it!

Spread the word...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.