Warsong Gulch

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Yes, I finally beat WC3: TFT, (with no cheats or exploits, and all optional quests BTW) So now I'm going to start mapping again. I prolly forgot alot, but I'm ready to learn all of it over again.

Warsong Gulch will be inspired by WoW's Warsong Gulch, which is, for those who don't know, A Capture the Point game, where one side is the Alliance, and the other The Horde. A Horde hero must go to the Alliance base, and take the Alliance Flag, and take it back to his Horde base. And vice-versa. Instead of controlling 1 character, like in WoW, you control a small army.

I'm aiming for 2 vs 2 players, two on each opposing army, as 1 vs 1 would be boring in my point of view.

Prolly 3 or 4 heroes to chose from for each side, so 6 or 8 in total. Standard units will be:

Horde
Grunt
Troll
Wolf Rider
Catapult
Shaman
Troll Witchdoctor
Peon

Alliance
Footman
Elven Archer
Knight
Catapult
Sorcerer
Prophet (or healer)
Peasant

and if its not too much confusion over the flags, ill put Standard Bearer, who holds the flag and has an aura.

I'm still debating whether or not to do Warsong Gulch or Arati Basin (capture the point game), but they will both have the same units and same rules (you control an army)

Rad

Reaction score
Hmm, not to be confused with Candy Wars, Warsong Gulch AoS, or Battlegrounds (Another AoS). All of which have been created and based on exactly the same ideas as your using.

So now I'm going to start mapping again. I prolly forgot alot, but I'm ready to start again.

Read that to yourself... :eek:

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
I knew I should of re-read it...

But I was referring to starting to learn again.

Rad

Reaction score
Yeah it is easy to understand but it just sounded wierd :rolleyes:

EDIT~There should be different game modes. Like Halo2, deathmatch (AoS), CTF, Territories (Several flags you capture but do not take anywhere), Assault... yeah a mix of WoW, Warcraft, Halo that'd be great

Also there should be some more heroes, and it should be more than 2v2 :eek:

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Rad said:
Yeah it is easy to understand but it just sounded wierd :rolleyes:

EDIT~There should be different game modes. Like Halo2, deathmatch (AoS), CTF, Territories (Several flags you capture but do not take anywhere), Assault... yeah a mix of WoW, Warcraft, Halo that'd be great

Also there should be some more heroes, and it should be more than 2v2 :eek:

I take it that by Halo, you mean Halo game types?

400th post!

TPOX

Reaction score
ehm make it max players 2v2 seems dull and just me but having small armies instead of just your hero wouldnt feel much like a WoW map.

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
TPOX said:
ehm make it max players 2v2 seems dull and just me but having small armies instead of just your hero wouldnt feel much like a WoW map.

The whole point is to make it feel like a Warcraft III version of Warsong Gulch

Max players will prolly now be 8 or 10.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.