Was giving this thought...

W

what666said

"Ten Kingdoms"

Ten Kingdoms:

This is my new project and with the help of Cloak_Master we are going full force into it. The Terrain is almost done, units are being finished, there is custom AI controlling players units so that they do not have to worry about them, and so on.

Here are the basics:

What The Players Do:

Each player gets a "Knight" hero who is their main unit. The heroes will have unlimited levels, though we doubt anybody will get very high with them. They will also get a slew of spells at their hands to wreck havoc... but the heroes will not be the main goal of this map. The unit's are where the true fun comes.

The Difference:

What's special in this map? Units, they are stored as items. Myself and Cloak both felt the same way, that dealing with large armies and having to group them is a waste of time. So we took movement to a whole new level, players only ever have to control one unit (you get the choice of manually controlling some units), your knight.

The Units:

There are six of them, four melee and two range, (this way you can have all 6 in your inventory at once). You release them by simply clicking them, each unit gets a 1 minute lifetime after their release and the units all have a special power of some kind (except the basic melee and range units).

Your Home:

Each player also has a home base, if the base dies the game is over for that player. This is where the players purchase their units and where a players "money" comes from. Every 15 seconds 100 gold spawns, or 200 gold and 1 unit of "metal" (currently lumber) at later levels of the base. The base also has the settings for "Offensive AI and Defensive" which control the auto-spawned units that defend your base (there are 5 of these, just to hold down the fort until your hero can get home with your real army).

The only special thing about the home is that your money spawns as items nearby the base, in this way it forces players to have to be at home to pick up their gold, and it adds a new level to the game "raiding" enemies for their money.

The End:

The last player to still have his home is the winner.

BETA RELEASE IS ON: December 25th

M

morxel

ah.. that sounds very farmiluar like the Pokemon game.. cause i think thats how its done aswell. Also you gotta take into consideration that the 'hero' will not be able to hold many units cause he only gets a limited amount of slots in his inventory.. maybe you could make it 1 unit item. but when u click on it, it asks how many units you would like to take out? and a different item (unit type) for each inventory? just an idea anyway

W

what666said

Currently there are only 6 units that you can hold anyways (4 melee, 2 range) that upgrade as you go up with your manor so the system works pretty well. The chances of buying the low level units at a higher level are almost null anyways, the "Peasant" units have ~200 hp, but a Templar (costs 7.5x as much) gets 2000... 10x the bonuses for 7.5x the cost, pointless to buy the little guys.

Eventually we hope to implement a system where you can click once on a multi-item box and get to choose how many unit's pop out... currently I have no plans for this though.

On the other hand - we are going to put in AI so that even more than just being able to move around with a single unit, you can choose to only control that one unit and let our custom AI control the smaller units (there will be 3+ modes of AI for those picky players). Things planned are:

Running when about to die
Chasing unit's that run (when aggresive mode is on)
Circling the knight when not engaged
Walking around a "perimeter" to find enemies
Calling other friendly unit's to help

And lot's more... these are all things to player's normally do (putting units far out to see enemies before they get close is often used to give time to prepare), but might not think about in the heat of battle, the map is very close quarters, it takes 10 seconds at most to get from any player to another player so having time to engage properly is essential.

Picture!

Attachments

• mappic.JPG
    mappic.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 320

Sargon

Reaction score
Terrain appraisal:

Your rivers need sloping banks.

Also, you should add some height variation to your map. It's rather...flat.

Other than that, it's not bad.

W

what666said

Sargon said:
Terrain appraisal:

Your rivers need sloping banks.

Also, you should add some height variation to your map. It's rather...flat.

Other than that, it's not bad.

The banks will get changed later on, for the time being they'll stay that way mostly because you really don't see the river much and I don't care enough to spend the time to fix it all right now :\.

The terrain is slowly being updated, the whole map will be a mass of choke points and strategical positions when used correctly, but that takes a lot of time to come up with. Currently (it's hard to tell), but the middle section has some chokes and so does the bottom right corner.... i'm slowly filling it all out though.

EDIT: This project is now under HEAVY work by myself and cloak_master. I have COMPLETELY re-done the first post to finalize ideas and help people understand what the map will be like.

A new picture will be posted below momentarily.

Attachments

• mappic.JPG
    mappic.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 312
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.