Tool WASD Movement Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Description
This little tool allows you to use the WSAD instead of the arrow keys to whatever you'd want to use them for.

Current version: 1.01.

Explanation
This is NOT an addition to the WE! This is a passive script to be run outside anything! When this script is run, all WSAD keys are converted into arrow key clicks.

attachment.php

The .exe and a readme is included in the .zip.

Changelog said:
v1.01
- you can now turn on Suspend Hotkeys by pressing <, allowing normal chat 'n' stuff.
- you can also turn off Suspend Hotkeys by pressing >.
- the icon now stays the same, even though the script is paused or Suspend Hotkeys are turned on.
- readme updated.

v1.00
- initial release.

Attachments

• wasd-1.jpg
    wasd-1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 947
  • wsadpic1.JPG
    wsadpic1.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,079
  • WSADMovementUtility.zip
    195.5 KB · Views: 577

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know who graveyarded this, and what the official reason was.
But this section is for World Editor resources. Not in-game additions.

This will stay in the graveyard.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Doesn't work on Vista :(. By the way, will this work for all computers online and can you make it only work in wc3 when wc3 is turned off becuase I had trouble deleting WASD to make me able to type comments.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
A little useful, but you need to find a way to add WSAD keys somewhere else.

You use A for attacking and S to stop.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Well, since this in the graveyard here, maybe you could move it to Warcraft Talk? Maybe that would be more appropriate.

> Doesn't work on Vista . By the way, will this work for all computers online and can you make it only work in wc3 when wc3 is turned off becuase I had trouble deleting WASD to make me able to type comments.

Weird, for Artificial told me it DID work on Vista. The effect is local and will not spread to other players on a network.

> A little useful, but you need to find a way to add WSAD keys somewhere else.

You use A for attacking and S to stop.

As I said to Wolfie, this is not meant for maps like that. This is meant for click'n'shoot maps, or so.

I also forgot to mention; this utility also reduces the delay on b.net so that WSAD will react nearly at once, if not at once.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Won't this interfere with chat also? Say, I typed the following message:
"does anyone have 100g to spare"

Wouldn't the camera start going (slightly) haywire while you are typing the message?

I also forgot to mention; this utility also reduces the delay on b.net so that WSAD will react nearly at once, if not at once.
I believe the arrow key delay is associated with the event, not the key-press itself, so getting something else to press the key for you won't change how quickly the event responds (since, in effect, you're pressing the same key, and nothing is being changed in WC3 itself)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Flare

It will not if you have pressed the < key first to disable the script. Then you can chat just normally and put it back on when you're done by pressing >.

Actually the thing about delay reducing is untested, but I assumed it since I made the script set the delay on the keys to the lowest possible. But now you make doubting :( Gotta test it!

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Work on Windows 7, other then an error message at start up.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
S and A are already hotkeys.

Also Vestras, about the delay reducing:
Flare is right. You are wrong. :)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
The delay is because of the engine in multiplayer, not because you press up or down.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Okay well, I just assumed it because I had a delay reducing function in my script. Didn't know that it wasn't because of the keys.

Can this be moved to Warcraft Talk then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.