Health Washington state declares state of emergency with 1st coronavirus death in US

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
KING COUNTY, Wash. -- Governor Jay Inslee declared a state of emergency Saturday as Washington sees its very first death from coronavirus in the U.S.

Officials say a man in his 50s came to EvergreenHealth Medical Center with serious respiratory issues and tested positive for COVID-19. He had no history of travel or known contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19.

Apart from the man who died, three presumptive positive cases of coronavirus were confirmed Saturday in King County.

EvergreenHealth confirms that there was also a second patient who tested positive for the virus. They remain in isolation and are receiving treatment. The patient was also not linked to any outside U.S. travel.

Two additional cases came from the LifeCare Center in Kirkland, including an employee in her 40s who remains in satisfactory condition and another women who is a resident and in her 70s. She remains in serious condition at EvergreenHealth Hospital. Both had not traveled outside of the U.S.

Read more here. (KOMO News)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they got a server engineer job opening :)
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I really do not want to move to California otherwise I might consider it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah California is not anywhere you really want to live
  • The Helper The Helper:
    That is why I did not take the job Blizzard offered me back in the day, there is no way I could have moved my family there on what they were offering, not even close and that was like 20 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah they wanted me on the tech support team when they did not get me they got one of the next MVPs in Dinobot
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot was one of the youngest of the MVPs tkron probably could have worked for Blizzard but he had a good job in Chicago doing business programming already
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot probably still works for Blizzard would love to reconnect with that guy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wonder what ever happened to Wargasm?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This new version of Xenforo really is awesome
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Wargasm is still around. He works for the domain registrar where thehelper.net is kept.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is sqrage still around?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have not seen him on lately the forum says he was last on 2 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    How are you doing Varine have not seen you around in a minute
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    lol I live in CA
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    I've got some friends in animation department who have been applying for Blizzard, doing interviews and such. They said the workplace seems nice, though now it'd be all remote work I suppose
  • The Helper The Helper:
    good for them I live close to Austin and am trying to get my kids interested in getting into Games but not having much luck. I would never let them move to Cali.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless it was huge money
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and even then with the taxes I really could never let them move there

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop