Watchmen

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Some black guy
who tried to take out weird mask face man when he was in prision.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Oooh, yeah.

Does Rorschach still kill the ring-leader of that little prison gang with the toilet? :D When Silk Spectre and Night Owl come to spring him?

Prometheus

Reaction score
He kills someone with the toilet, just not that guy. He kills the ring leader in the bathroom but you don't get to see what happens really.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
:D Just like the comic!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
:D Just like the comic!

And the guy is a midget. Was that so in the comic too?

The director is pretty awesome though. But I gotta say, this movie reminded me a lot of Sin City (in a good way, I love that movie), it's probably just that Rorschach dictates much of the movie just as in Sin City there's always that guy talking.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Btw, I remembered the guy who set up Dr. M, Adreinne.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I saw it on Friday. It was good, but not as good as the book. I think it's simply that for this story and form of narration, the graphic novel is the superior media.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Btw, I remembered the guy who set up Dr. M, Adreinne.

It's Adrian lol. And he set him up but in the end it was for the better of the world, which was really my favorite part. They did such a good job of making him seem like a villain but then in the end it was actually all to save the world. And he even said that he'd watch the faces of all the people he killed every day just to let himself suffer for it.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Director of 300 so I guess it would be good. But reviews said that he's still too unsure of himself. :O

I didn't get to see it on Saturday... busy, :(.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
They better not *$%@'ed this up.

They didn't, its enjoyable to watch.

People said its really violent and gory. :eek: Not that I mind, but people said that it was beyond the usual 300 violence, like showing a little girl getting ripped apart by a dog and her arms eaten alive and stuff... :D

I hope I can see it today. :O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Gory, but not to the point of making eveyrone curl into little balls with their shirts up to their chin, most of it is implied violence.

Gah, my parents won't let me see it. :(

Go see Paul Blart Mall Cop *Wink wink*.

Hmm, the movie isn't like the comic book, then.

It's supposed to be the dude who's "The Smartest man in the world", forget his name, trying to cleanse the world of evil or something.

If you read the comic, you'll understand this part;

I always wondered what happens to Rorschach.

All is revealed, as in the comic.

It was great and highly gory. People's arms getting sawn off, their faces getting deep fried, etc. It's really good and almost 3 hours long. Your butt will hurt by the time it's over...

Directors cut is suposed to be 3:30 in length for comparison if you are interested.

Oooh, yeah.

Does Rorschach still kill the ring-leader of that little prison gang with the toilet? :D When Silk Spectre and Night Owl come to spring him?

Yes.

And the guy is a midget. Was that so in the comic too?

The director is pretty awesome though. But I gotta say, this movie reminded me a lot of Sin City (in a good way, I love that movie), it's probably just that Rorschach dictates much of the movie just as in Sin City there's always that guy talking.

Rorschach is the narrator of the comic / the movie. Technically its his journal writings.

I saw it on Friday. It was good, but not as good as the book. I think it's simply that for this story and form of narration, the graphic novel is the superior media.

Indeed, the problem with it in a movie format, in my opinion, is that once you see it, its a very linear movie where watching it again, you won't gain anything new from it.

Director of 300 so I guess it would be good. But reviews said that he's still too unsure of himself. :O

Awful director if you ask me, nothing good about 300 other then riling up the blood among teens who have yet to sip beer, whom feel like seeing generic violence.

The comic book is essentially a story board, and given the flow of the movie, they followed it strictly, cutting out a few scenes. This means the director had to make critical decisions like "do what they do in the book and it should be good".

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol Jimpy, that was funny. You basically answered a statement. :p

I wan go see it. :(

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I saw it last night :D

It is a pretty violent movie, with people getting blown to pieces and killed or critically injured in any number of ways...

I found the story a bit disjointed around the middle, with different things happening to the characters at the same time. But after that, the stroy concluded pretty well.

VERY nice Special FX though!

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Did they include that comic book subplot about the stranded guy and the ships of dead people?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
> Go see Paul Blart Mall Cop *Wink wink*.

Tried that, she said, "Don't you try and pull that trick on me boy! I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday ya know!".

No lie. :p

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
No Seb!, i do not recall that being in there.
saw the movie on friday, i really liked it. my older bro was complaining near the end how it was too long but for me it could have been 5 hours and i wulda still liked it.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No Seb!, i do not recall that being in there.
saw the movie on friday, i really liked it. my older bro was complaining near the end how it was too long but for me it could have been 5 hours and i wulda still liked it.

No, it wasn't. Saw it yesterday: I really don't understand what a lot of the reviews are saying. The move really did stay true to the book in a lot of the ways. The general plot was completely unchanged, which is incredible considering the length of the book. I agreed with all of their cut choices (including, sadly, the comic subplot).

People have said the special effects weren't cool. I disagree with that, too. They did Dr. Manhattan perfectly. The lynx was pretty well done. It wasn't even really too long. Compared with so many other movies that have come out, it's hard to nitpick a movie with source material like this. :thup:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
People have said the special effects weren't cool.

Who said that? Never heard anyone say that. Link(s)? If anything, the special effects are the best thing in this movie :D

I decided to watch the movie before reading the graphic novel. I am told by those that have read the graphic novel before the movie that the movie isn't as satisfying as the book. SO, I plan to read the comic now :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.