Sci/Tech Water on the Moon: a Billion Gallons

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Water on the moon? Scientists used to think it was as dry as, well, lunar dust.

But after a year of analysis NASA today announced that its LCROSS lunar-impact probe mission found up to a billion gallons of water ice in the floor of a permanently-shadowed crater near the moon's south pole.

That's enough, said researchers, to fill 1,500 Olympic-size swimming pools, all from one crater.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
So they were, like, playing minecraft on the moon, and dug deep enough and found a billion water blocks! I bet there is SO much diamond down there!

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
They also found silver, mercury, carbon monoxide and ammonia.
Aha, there has been aliens on the moon and they must have peed on it, hence the ammonia:eek:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ahahahah i got a question wrong on a test in science cuz in multiple choice i said there was water, and then i proved him wrong with that indian probe article where they found a tiny bit of water. i could print this article too and prove him WAYYYYY wrong

i love proving teachers wrong. it gives me a sense of.... superiority...

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So does that mean the USA flag claimed all the water in the moon? :(

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Aha, there has been aliens on the moon and they must have peed on it, hence the ammonia
Or just Neil Armstrong did it :p. I bet it was him. They probably didn't have a place to throw the urine so they threw it on the moon. The little bastards :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.