Wav hunter for teamfortress2 (and soon for all other source games!)

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you are like me you enjoy music inside your games. well I created something called "Wav hunter" which simplifies the process of creating music cfg's.
All you have to do is place this file and your music into the sound folder of teamfortress2 (or a sub folder in the sound folder.) and launch it. It only prompts you for binds (keys to press in-game) of your choice. It searches for both .wav files and .mp3 files.

Currently I need testers to test it out. I worked hard on this so that others could enjoy there music in-game too.

On another note, it has sub folder support; so you can have your music in folders in the team fortress sound folder.

BUGS:
Code:
Previoussong on song1 is set to zero 
You can not overwrite a cfg even though it promts you that it can.
The overwrite menu accepts the wrong inputs.
Sometimes folders, and all there contents are placed twice in the cfg
If you want I can post the previous bugs as well.

IMPORTANT
Code:
The music you place in the teamfortress folder cannot have spaces, nor can the folders they are placed in (otherwise they wont play).

So...
"Test\happy_songs\Morning_rain"
Works!

But...
"Test\happy songs\Morning rain"
Does not.

Another thing is that you can have multiple folders in the team fortress folder.
so "tf/sound/test/test2 [songs] /test3 [.txt files]"  

will work as long as you place wav hunter in the subfolder that has all the music/music folder in it. So in the example above, you would place wav hunter in test2

Now for my last note, I need the sound folder paths for

CSS
Day of defeat

ONLY include the path past your steam name.
EX:
"team fortress 2\tf\sound\"

I hope you enjoy it. Please express any concerns, any ideas to add, or any bugs you find other than the ones posted above.

EDIT:
I just remembered, after the cfg file is completed, place it in your cfg folder. To launch it in-game: open the console and type "exec cfgname", replace cfgname with the name of the file you created.

EDIT2:
Just to let you guys know there is no malicious code in this, I can even upload the source code to the website if you need to see it before hand.

Attachments

• Wav_hunter.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 167
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.