Waygate help

dark typer

Reaction score
i am currently trying to make a teleporter for my map

since that i suck at triggers(not much) i thought of getting help here

if anyone can help me please respond to this thread

thank you in advance

P.S : my friend is asking me how to make the waygate only teleport specific units

(heroes, creeps, etc.)

Reaction score
You can use regions and triggers so something like this :

Events: A unit Enters "YourRegion"
Condition: Entering Unit is Hero or whatever
Action: Move Entering Unit instantly to "YourRegion2"

ultimate11

Reaction score
Teleporter A --)> where A is name of region when you want to place the teleporter,if you dont have it create it with object editor
Teleporter B --)> same as A
Trigger:
  • Move to B
    • Events
      • Unit enter region A
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) is a hero
      • check = true
      • Or what conditions you want
    • Actions
      • Set check = false
      • Set Move_point = (center of B)
      • Unit - Move (triggering unit) instantly to (Move_point)
      • Camera - Pan camer for (owner of (triggering unit)) to (Move_point) over 0 seconds
      • Selection - Select (triggering unit) for (owner of (triggering unit))
      • Custom Script : call RemoveLocation(udg_Move_point)
      • Set check = true

Trigger:
  • Move to A
    • Events
      • Unit enter region B
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) is a hero
      • check = true
      • Or what conditions you want
    • Actions
      • Set check = false
      • Set Move_point = (center of A)
      • Unit - Move (triggering unit) instantly to (Move_point)
      • Camera - Pan camer for (owner of (triggering unit)) to (Move_point) over 0 seconds
      • Selection - Select (triggering unit) for (owner of (triggering unit))
      • Custom Script : call RemoveLocation(udg_Move_point)
      • Set check = true

inevit4ble

Reaction score
@Ultimate: That won't work because the hero will get stuck going back and forth. you need to add in a boolean to check if hero has just arrived or not.

Or you need to move hero with offset so it doesn't actually enter region B/A

ultimate11

Reaction score
damn I forgot about that...my bad and sorry about that.I will edit the post if you dont mind.

Smitty

Reaction score
Also, it's not MUI. And adding the variable 'check' won't help in the way you have it there, since at the end of the trigger you set it to true. So the unit will still get stuck. You could use a buff given to the unit for 5 seconds, and add a condition to check the unit doesn't have that buff.

Reaction score
He didnt explain at all and maybe he just needs 1 point teleport so that wont be a problem, we waiting for a reply...

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
please elaborate... is it a waygate that only works with specific types of units? or is it a teleporter item that summons a waygate? We need more specific question, generalization is not your friend my friend. :p

ultimate11

Reaction score
Also, it's not MUI. And adding the variable 'check' won't help in the way you have it there, since at the end of the trigger you set it to true. So the unit will still get stuck. You could use a buff given to the unit for 5 seconds, and add a condition to check the unit doesn't have that buff.
Smitty it was an example if he want to make it MUI or nor he can use array etc.The rest of work reserve to him.Here we help new user not make their work.This is the way how I learn in the past.Curiosity can lead to knowleadge.

Smitty

Reaction score
Yeh, but the hero would still be bouncing constantly between the two points. I think the reason he asked for the trigger was to get the whole trigger. I agree it's best to try something first, spend at least a few hours trying to make it work and THEN asking for help, but still, I'm just saying, you still haven't fixed the problem of a hero getting stuck.

GFreak45

Reaction score
in that case just simply turn off the trigger just before u move him and turn it back on right after

ultimate11

Reaction score
Yeh, but the hero would still be bouncing constantly between the two points. I think the reason he asked for the trigger was to get the whole trigger. I agree it's best to try something first, spend at least a few hours trying to make it work and THEN asking for help, but still, I'm just saying, you still haven't fixed the problem of a hero getting stuck.

It`s not bouncing look againg,the boolean value it`s settet again to true after hero has moved ..so the event of trigger B wont fire up becouse variable it`s still false when he enter in region.
I tell you that it`s work fine :p you could try if you dont belive me Smitty

Smitty

Reaction score
I still can't test anything :/ but surely if the unit is in the region and you set check to true, it'll just be ported back?

Aaaaaand
*rereads the trigger*
*sees 'a unit ENTERS a region'*
*facepalms*

Didn't think of that...

My apologies, it should work fine :p

GFreak45

Reaction score
however it still would be more efficient to turn off the trigger, that way it doesn call any extra functions >.<

dark typer

Reaction score
@1346610

I only need a 1-way teleporter you know...1way in, no way back

please elaborate... is it a waygate that only works with specific types of units? or is it a teleporter item that summons a waygate? We need more specific question, generalization is not your friend my friend. :p

@GFreak45

i need a teleporter that works with heroes only

GFreak45

Reaction score
you still didnt answer the entire question, but the methods shown should work if you tweak them a little bit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.