WC3 dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapguy

Reaction score
warcraft 3 is soo dead I am almost starting to cry...

is this game going to die soo soon?

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Not if I can help it.

Besides, as long as DotA is around, it won't die.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Then why not host a new game?
Or, if those games aren't popular anymore, make a new map. :p

mapguy

Reaction score
Im almost quiting my map,

because SC2 is a shit (in my point of view) and WC3 is almost dead.

so. goodbye blizzard, you don't have any more fucking game that calls my attention. warcraft 2 was cool, diablo 2 was cool, warcraft 3 was awesome, and now... well... I feel dorry to say. Wacraft 3 is dead, we are just necromancers trying to ressurect something no one cares anymore.

this forum is desert.

only stunota is running on the net.

well.

guys.

this is the end.

My only regret in my entyre life was to to play DOTA instead of using that time to make maps.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Not very dead to me Lol. I'm sick of all the Legion TD, DotA OMG, LOAP, and crap that gets hosted. Why can't they die?

Deep thought

Reaction score
Yeah warcraft looks about as alive as it was before starcraft 2's release. In other words, its pretty alive. I can host a game and people will join pretty quickly. That's alive enough for my needs.

I think starcraft 2 might kick up more when people release more maps. Right now people are still trying to figure out the UE and there are no great maps, especially in comparison to Warcraft 3.

And my own custom maps get joined pretty quickly as well. You just need a bit of patience when hosting. People joining can take 15 minutes or longer sometimes, but your obscure map doesn't exactly beg for people to join it, no matter how good it is.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that Sc2 will die before Wc3 even starts dying

Deep thought

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that Sc2 will die before Wc3 even starts dying

Yeah, I've been reading about several negative features in the new GE, including a 5 map limit per battle.net 2.0 account and 20mb limit total for all maps, 10mb for one individual map. Also, censoring for everything, including the name, description, tooltips and item/unit names. If the censorship is at all like WoW it will probably censor words like "satan" and "nazi." Also I heard the new scripting isn't as good as vjass.

With all these downsides, I doubt if as many hardcore warcraft 3 modders are going to make the switch as you might first think.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I hope it dies

War3 is a hacked out piece of shit game now
Hack after hack after hack and blizz has given up

RIP

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Warcraft III shalt always live on in our hearts. Anyways, you guys need to start playin' RoC. Those TFT hosts are all bots, and DotA bots at that. Where is the love?! No wonder TFT's dead, too ; there's nothing better to kill a game than use hostbots. People will be "fed up" with playing that game, and won't like it anymore when the bot goes down.

On Reign of Chaos, the hosts are actual people, with actual hearts, with an actual vocation, with actual feelings, with an actual brain (which means they don't play DotA), and yes, we are all trying to do some necromancy out there.

Though the number of players has reduced, Starcraft 2 is disappointing and people will realize it sooner or later. It is a generally accepted fact that after 12 years of expecting an awesome game, Starcraft II doesn't bring that many new things to Starcraft I's gameplay.

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
haha don't worry mapguy once edge of eternity comes out things will be a rolling :cool::) btw any1 got a clue to as what the plots gonna be?:confused:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I hate human hosts. They're all abusive at least. And takes much longer to start a game too (refreshing). Bots on the other hand, you can keep track of which host your favorite maps and just '/whois' them.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I hate human hosts. They're all abusive at least. And takes much longer to start a game too (refreshing). Bots on the other hand, you can keep track of which host your favorite maps and just '/whois' them.

human hosts always had auto-refreshers. and you could do the same with a human host. like what he is hosting? just become a mutual friend and u wont have to /whois, it would just tell you the name by itself.

with that said, i never actually cared who hosted the game. both have their pros and cons. as long as i got the game i wanted, i was happy.

as for me, i stopped playing wc3 awhile ago, because it was just taking up HDD space for me as well. got a new comp tho with a lot more space so i might re-install it soon just for the custom games, since sc2 doesnt have any good ones yet.
honestly i dont think wc3 will die until dota dies, which will be a while. i knew a lot of people who didnt get sc2 and still play wc3 who were on my wc3 friends lsit.
might die when wc4 comes out though (IF they actually make it; hopefully follows storyline where wc3 left off rather than WoW)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well that's beacuse it's an old game. Move along. Starcraft if it's your kind of thing ;) But nothing lasts forever. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.