WC3 dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Meh... SC2 requires 2GB RAM, anyways... and 4GB is recommended. Don't tell me Blizzard didn't exagerate... I got my computer, like... 1 or 2 years ago? 1 GB RAM, y'know...

Plus my graphic card is barely able to make WC3 work. Didn't have the minimum requirements for League of Legends and stuff... oh, and it randomly makes doodads appear for what seems to be a single frame, then disappear, when I play WC3.

Not to mention that the graphics don't seem all that nice. It's basically SC1 graphics that weren't pre-rendered.

Oh, and it still costs 60 bucks. I think I'll wait before I get it, if I ever do get it.

Don't forget the 12 GB Hard Drive space. Really, my 2003 comp has 15 GB total Hard Drive space. Runs most of the stuff fine. Even WoW could have been installed on it, since that's only 6GB... but 12 GB?... I'll just play SC1.

And it needs a broadband internet connection to work. Not a problem in most cases, but what if my internet connection doesn't work, for some reason? That's a very good reason to play single-player games, such as... wait, Starcraft2 won't work... what a pity.

And the minimum resolution is 1024x720. No way my FPS rate goes over 8 in that case, especially with all those uselessly fancy 3-D models...

According to some story I've heard, some computer-nerd bought a 3k$-comp... but was unable to run SC2.

Now, that is all I have to say about SC2's requirements. According to most people I know, all that is excess, pure exageration. Those people will always remain on WC3. I won't buy a brand new computer just to play an unfinished game. Maybe after they release the expansions. Maybe not.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
The minority that has a 2007 computer? I don't think so...

Oh, and usually, you know, when you make a Video Game, you try to make it require the least stuff possible, so the most people can play it, you know... Blizzard failed this time.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
The minority that has a 2007 computer? I don't think so...

Oh, and usually, you know, when you make a Video Game, you try to make it require the least stuff possible, so the most people can play it, you know... Blizzard failed this time.

Didn't you say that you only had 1 GB of RAM? That is so not 2007. Didn't you also say that your computer can barely run WC3? That is so 2003.

I will agree with you about accessibility. But, I don't think SC2 requirements are that outrageous.

Time for an upgrade...but this time around learn how to build a proper computer :).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> what if my internet connection doesn't work, for some reason? [...] wait, Starcraft2 won't work... what a pity.
You can play offline. You just won't get any achievements.

> According to some story I've heard, some computer-nerd bought a 3k$-comp... but was unable to run SC2.
This computer nerd didn't know anything about computers, and got ripped off majorly.

Try lowering the SC2 settings to the minimum, and you'll probably be able to play it without problems.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Didn't you say your computer can barely run WC3?

Because of the graphic card.

Try lowering SC2 settings to the minimum

Allright, let me go change the settings of a game I don't have, that might work... maybe if I hack my way into Blizzard Entertainment's LAN, I could find the program's source code, change it, so it requires less RAM... ^_^

Blizzard Entertainment said:
PC Minimum Requirements:
1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
PC Recommended Specifications:
2 GB RAM

My 1GB total RAM won't do it, since I use Windows 7.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
You shouldn't even be running Windows 7 with only 1 GB of RAM. I pity you and your complete lack of computer knowledge. As much as it pains me to say it, just get a Dell next time. At least they know how to properly combine parts and OS.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If you follow this guide, you can make your Windows 7 install way way faster, and use much less resources.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> If you follow this guide, you can make your Windows 7 install way way faster, and use much less resources.

Hmm.... Replies like these seem to have deviated sharply from the original topic. I think this thread needs a closing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.