Wc3 editing fail > help plz

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
im trying to create a passive skill which sais that for every 4 points of agi the hero gets 1 point of int. but im failing a little hard... help asap plz ^^

i now got:
rogue's insight
event
a unit owned by player start casting ability
condition
ability being cast equal to rogue's insight
unit type of triggering unit equal to rogue
agility of triggering unit includes bonusses equal to 4/5/6/7/8/9 (differnt scripts)
actions
modify int of triggering unit > add 1/1/1/1/2/2 (see up)

but i alrdy knew i was wrong when making lol but i got to know how to do this plz help :)

decored

Reaction score
Here

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 204

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
you wouldnt want to do it that way decored.
that would include temporary bonuses from items
and would not scale as the unit levels.

it might be better to use an ability based on evasion with the chance set to 0%.
using a trigger, add any unit that learns that ability to a unit group.
then periodically add or remove abilities based on item intelligence bonus to each unit in that unit group as appropriate for their level of the ability in a second trigger.

decored

Reaction score
you wouldnt want to do it that way decored.
that would include temporary bonuses from items
and would not scale as the unit levels.

it might be better to use an ability based on evasion with the chance set to 0%.
using a trigger, add any unit that learns that ability to a unit group.
then periodically add or remove abilities based on item intelligence bonus to each unit in that unit group as appropriate for their level of the ability in a second trigger.

Yeah I think yours is better. You better follow his method

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • agility of triggering unit includes bonusses equal to 4/5/6/7/8/9

That part right there. it will only fire if their agility = 4 or 5 or 6 or 7, or whatever.

Meaning that when the hero learns the ability, if he doesn't have 4 agility, it won't do a thing.

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
ty it works... but now i have a new problem... i have it in a spell book and all passive skils dont show.... some1 knows how to show em?

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
oh it doesnt work perkeyone plz add a screen or some becuz i cant find some triggers, especially those about the stats (agi, str , int) plz add were and how to find like units>unit event>enz...

and if some1 knows how to show those passives plz say so ^^...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ty it works... but now i have a new problem... i have it in a spell book and all passive skils dont show.... some1 knows how to show em?

Normally, passive skills should show up. In the contrary, if somehow you disabled the spellbook, the passive skills shouldn't show.

Have you disabled it?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Dude if it is passive i think it will be permanent

dont judge so soon, he didnt say he wanted the stats to be permanently gained. i thought it might be like gives a temporary stat bonus.. many games do that.

but yeah now that is clarified.

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
maybe i know why it is disabled: should i make a dummy? havent done yet think thats it ty. but can someone read perkeyone's text and see what i said plz reply.

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
disabled thing fixed (without dummy) dunno what it was :S now it works out of nowere but ok...

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
more specified: the per 4 str = 1 agi (example) > can't find the triggers themself > so if someone plz could add description how to get there> for only str or some is enough bcuz then i also know how to get the agi thing > like trigger > event > unit > (or search text: xxxx) > unit dies > unit of unitgroup > and so go on (example).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.