Wc3 Mapping Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
We all know how frustrating B.Net can be, but there's an easier way to get introduced to high-quality maps without spending an hour looking for your ideal map on B.Net. Indie Map Review previews maps from a variety of game designers. You will no longer have download and preview a game yourself. Let a blog writer help you choose how you spend your entertainment time! We currently update the blog only three times a week, yet hopefully, guest entries and other special entries can be contributed.

Have a map/community/blog to advertise? Send me a PM, and maybe you'll be added to our link list.

We publish every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Check out our current articles, and feel free to send feedback!

If you want to join the writing staff, send an article or two. Articles must be relevant to Wc3 maps and game playing. We will not accept articles about WoW or anything irrelevant.

Check us out today.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I was gone all last week. I'm going through the stages to prepare for next week. :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Hmm. Not bad. You should definitely continue this. Also maybe make it a bit more known. Even if I don't speak for anyone else, I personally would love a little information on maps.

Maybe have a section for the best, most recommended maps?

Also, I don't know if the maps you've blogged about so far were all awesome, but your scores are almost always perfect. Maybe you should lower the bar?

GJ nonetheless :).

P.S. Do you only play single-player or multiplayer as well?

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
King of the castle and Ryoko TD could be cool reviews. Just look in the sidebar. :)

btw you can change the camera in DI2, so I'm not sure if that should have factored to much into the score.
You should change the URL to acehart-fan-club.wordpress.com
I was confused, then I read the reviews and understood. lol
Also, I don't know if the maps you've blogged about so far were all awesome, but your scores are almost always perfect. Maybe you should lower the bar?
That's because the maps he reviews are Aceharts, and a few other good ones too.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
New updates!

GJ nonetheless :).

Hm, really? No one has gotten a perfect score yet. I've been rating a lot of good maps lately, but I come across some maps that I do not like. I have a scoring scale that I follow.

Thanks for the comments.

Ninva, i'll send in my map maybe within the week or so.

I got your map. I've played it a few times. I might review it soon. This week is over with anyways. :p

King of the castle and Ryoko TD could be cool reviews. Just look in the sidebar. :)

btw you can change the camera in DI2, so I'm not sure if that should have factored to much into the score.

Alright. :)

I changed the camera a few times. It drove me insane, actually.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ahahaha. Actually I also have a map that I would love to get an opinion on. Problem is it's not exactly noob friendly :(. Even though it does redefine the term "ninja" :p. I'll send you a copy. If you can play it and give me some feedback that would be great. :)

Edit: Again, do you play multiplayer maps? :p. Mainly asking because the map I have is only multiplayer really.

Edit 2:

Hm, really? No one has gotten a perfect score yet. I've been rating a lot of good maps lately, but I come across some maps that I do not like. I have a scoring scale that I follow.

Thanks for the comments.

That's the point :). It shouldn't be possible for a map to get a perfect score. Like.....11.5 out of 12 should be an awesome map that is so addictive you will keep playing it non-stop for a month :p. It's good that you have a scoring system though :).

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
That's the point :). It shouldn't be possible for a map to get a perfect score. Like.....11.5 out of 12 should be an awesome map that is so addictive you will keep playing it non-stop for a month :p. It's good that you have a scoring system though :).

Wanna make a scoring system? 11.5 doesn't mean the game is addicting. 11.5 means the game is well-made. 7 is still a failing grade. If you get a 7/12, you get a 58%, which is still an "F" in most schools. :)

... So, I guess a lot of people are bitching without doing any kind of math, and that kinda pisses me off.

I look for the following: uniqueness, art, gameplay, mood, A.I., and replay value.

Mood and gameplay are the most point worthy, and most people score high on both. Replay value isn't always hit, like in my last review. The author didn't get that one point because the map wasn't fun.

If I'm not getting paid and doing this all alone, why should I spend more than an hour playing one map? I'm analyzing the map and then recording my findings. I'm a critic, so people will get upset that I didn't rate their favorite map a 12/12. :/

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You misunderstood what I meant :).

Essentially, I believe a score should never hit 12 because you should always have room for a better map. Even though 58% is an F in most schools :p it also means that the worst of games you play get around a 5 or 6, meaning you're actually rating them from 5 to 12, limiting the range of quality. :)

Also, I didn't literally mean you play a map for a moth non-stop to see if it's addictive. It should be so much fun that you play it anyway with a couple friends now and then :)l

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Essentially, I believe a score should never hit 12 because you should always have room for a better map. Even though 58% is an F in most schools :p it also means that the worst of games you play get around a 5 or 6, meaning you're actually rating them from 5 to 12, limiting the range of quality. :)

The latter is true. I will redesign my rating system then.

Thank you for the comments. This is what I want before advertising else where. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.