WC3 Monopoly

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
WarCraft 3 Monopoly
WC3 Monopoly Homepage!

2/10/2008: I forgot to put the site back up this weekend, but I will try and get to it this week.

INFO

So I have made a Warcraft 3 Monopoly. As some of you may know there has been a monopoly before that didn't do so well. I played It and I think I came up with some reasons why. I have changed my monopoly and I think it is good. It has all the normal rules in place , but at the begining you get to choose if you want any house rules. House Rules - rules that where made by players of monoply that have been passed down in a household. Ex. Getting money for landing on free parking. I also have a few things added in to make the game more interesting and quicker.​

NEW​

There is a speed mode that I suggest using while on battle.net so that people don't get bored. The changes that take place in speed mode are as follows: You start off with two random properties. The gold for these properties is automatically taken from your starting gold. There is a timer that if someone is taking to long they are forced to roll and immediately end their turn. If they land on an unowned spot they can't buy it and they pay the rent on the property if it is owned. Doubles are immediately rolled for this player and the same goes for doubles a their first roll.

There is also a fighting system that can be enabled at the start of the game. This will pit two players against each other when they land on the same space. The loser will be sent to jail. Anther way to get into a fight is to challenge somebody to a fight. This can only be initiated when you land on another players property and don't want to pay. Challenge them to a fight, but be ready, if you lose then you must pay them twice the rent of the property.

Do you see the peoblem with fighting. The way people think is you have a hero and the more you fight the better your hero get. Wrong! To prevent people from fighting all the time and leveling up their hero. It will not level up. You get your hero to be stronger by buying abilities with the money you earn in the game. This will hopefully reduce game time because they will use more money to get abilities.​

Units

1.Archer
2.Dire Mammoth
3.Dryad
4.Forest Troll
5.Frost Wyrm
6.Goblin Shredder
7.Goblin Zeplin
8.Hippogryph
9.Hydra
10.Mountain Giant
11.Naga Siren
12.Rifleman​

Special Units
I also added in 90 units for people to choose from if they helped me make the
map. All you have to do is help and I will ask for you b.net name and you get
the extra 90 units. Yes I know I have been saying 85, I was wrong its 90.
  1. Zergling
  2. Zombie
  3. Wyvern
  4. Sea Giant Hunter
  5. Seal
  6. Shadow Hunter
  7. Sea Elemental
  8. Salamander
  9. Razormane Brute
  10. Raider
  11. Rexxar
  12. Polar Furblolg
  13. Polar Bear
  14. Peon
  15. Penguin
  16. Peasant
  17. Pit Lord
  18. Revenant of the Depths
  19. Ship
  20. Skeletal Mage
  21. Overlord
  22. Orc Warlock
  23. Ogre Mauler
  24. Nerubian Webspinner
  25. Necromancer
  26. Murloc Tiderunner
  27. Mortar Team
  28. Marine
  29. Magnataur Destroyer
  30. Maiden of Pain
  31. Lord Garithos
  32. Lich
  33. Lady Vashj
  34. Lava Spawn
  35. Kodo Beast
  36. Kobold Shoveler
  37. Kael
  38. Kil'jaeden
  39. Jaina
  40. Infernal Juggernaut
  41. Infernal
  42. Illidan
  43. Ice Troll
  44. Huntress
  45. Hydralisk
  46. Halahk the Lifebringer
  47. Gul'dan
  48. Grom Hellscream
  49. Goblin Snapper
  50. Gnoll Brute
  51. Garantuan Sea Turtle
  52. Ghoul
  53. Ghost
  54. Furion
  55. Furblog Ursa Warrior
  56. Forest Spider
  57. Flesh Golem
  58. Firelord
  59. Fel Orc Grunt
  60. Faceless One
  61. Far Seer
  62. Enraged Jungle Stalker
  63. Elder Voidwalker
  64. Succubus
  65. Dalaran Mutant
  66. Dalaran Reject
  67. Dark Ranger
  68. Death Knight
  69. Crypt Lord
  70. Crab
  71. Corrupted Treant
  72. Clockwork Goblin
  73. Cairne Bloodhoof
  74. Swordsman
  75. Balnazzar
  76. Akama
  77. Wisp
  78. Shaman
  79. Archer
  80. Dire Mammoth
  81. Dryad
  82. Forest Troll
  83. Frost Wyrm
  84. Goblin Shredder
  85. Goblin Zeplin
  86. Hippogryph
  87. Hydra
  88. Mountain Giant
  89. Naga Siren
  90. Rifleman

House Rules

• No Bidding on Unsold Properties.
  • Free Parking
  • Speed Mode
  • Alternate House Options
  • Mini games
  • Gambling Properties
  • Lottery

Property Sections and Names

[HIGHLIGHT]Felwood
Bloodvenom Falls
Felpaw Village​

Ashenvale
Astranaar
Satyrnaar
Warsong Lumber Camp​

Barrens
The Crossroads
Camp Taurajo
Razorfen Downs​

Dalaran
Dalaran
Vandermar Village
Aztec Ruins​

The Plaguelands
The Ruins of Andorhal
Hearthglen
Light's Hope Chapel​

Northerend
Arthas' Base Camp
Drak'tharon Keep
Waygate​

Outland
Shadowmoon Ruins
Hellfire Peninsula
The Black Citadel​

Icecrown
Inner Kingdom
Azjol-Nerub​
[/HIGHLIGHT]​

Card Sayings

Chance

Illidan funds you 100 gold.

Ride a hippogryph to go. Collect 200 gold.

Orcs demand a tribute. Pay 100 gold.

Learned pillage. Collect 50 gold from every player.

Someone hacked in your favor. Collect 200 gold.

Investments in a new worker gained you money. Collect 100 gold.

You won second place in an orcish beauty contest. Collect 10 gold.

Someone attacks your town. Pay 50 gold.

Get out of jail free.

Compensation is granted for runners attacking in a tower defense. Collect 100 gold.

Kill a creep. Collect 20 gold.

An ally gives you money. Gain 25 gold.

Build more farms. Pay 40 gold per scout tower. Pay 115 gold per guard tower.

Backstabbed a teammate. Go to jail.

You sold an item. Collect 45 gold.

Community Chest

Get supplies off of a pack horse. If you pass go collect 200 gold.

Killed in battle. Go to jail.

Ride a transport ship to go. Collect 200 gold.

Get out of jail free.

Travel to the nearest fountain to heal.

greedisgood 50

Everyone turns to you for gold. Pay each player 50 gold.

Attacks force you to repair. Pay 25 gold for each scout tower. Pay 100 gold for each guard tower.

A peasant died. Pay his life insurance of 15 gold.

Investing in a new city payed off. Collect 150 gold.

Your crew got drunk. Go back 3 spaces to get them.

Advance to the nearest ship and pay the owner twice the intended amount.

Advance to the nearest ship and pay the owner twice the intended amount.

Travel to Barrens, Mulgore. If you pass go collect 200 gold.

You are called to Icecrown, Azjol-Nerub.​

Your Help!
So, you want to help. Great!
-I need Monopoly Trivia Questions. -=Example=-
-The mini map needs help:
map%20copy.jpg

-I do need someone to make a model of dice. They don't need to move. So if you are interested in that tell me.
-I also need ability ideas for the fighting that takes place.
-I could use some ideas on what your house rules are and what you do differently than the real rules.
-Ideas on mini games and prizes.
-Whatever you think will help!
-I will add more as I think...

Beta Testers
  1. Anything.
  2. Mr. Zero
  3. N2o)
  4. Demonspawn21
  5. NiKaNoRoU_GR
  6. StaberXpert
  7. Seth
    ===Backup===
    [*]BlackNerubia
    [*]Turok255
    [*]Zimm

Progress

Whats Done

I have the terrain done and all the units in place that are going to be scenery to make it look better.

Unit Selection is also done there are 12 units to choose from (listed above), but there are 85 special units for people to use that helped me make the map lucky them.

Floating text is almost complete, It does have a minor problem but I am looking into it. (This is the text that says the name of the space and price)

Triggers

I have the roll trigger working, buying prop, paying for landing on others property (not with houses, now towers), all space actions (except for Free Parking and 20% Tax), Jail getting in and out, Bidding, Chance cards, Win/Lose/Resign​

Yet To Be Completed

Multiboards appearing when you land on a property, it will tell you the rent, mortgage value and so on like a normal property card.
Fighting, not even started!! :eek:
Trading
Upgrading
More rent with more towers.​

Problems

Multiboards, need to merge into one and change the value of the integers rather that having 28 multiboards (There becomes a problem when you go too high).

Forced roll in speed mode my timer is stupid! :mad:

Other Thoughts
If you have any Ideas, comments of random thoughts please tell me. [email protected]

And don't forget to check out my website. It should be up within the week.
I will have screen shots and constant updates there. :D
Hope you like it!

G

Gravedigger

I'm going to make a monopoly map too, I already posted it on this site, its on the last page. Its getting to be nearly impossible to make an original map, everytime I think of one, someone trys to make the same map too. :banghead: :banghead:

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I started about a year ago. How far have you gotten?

A

ApocRhino

ill help but i cant with dice..wut kinda ideas u want, like arenas or styles and such?..just tell me :D

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I'll gladly help, I always won my entire family at monopoly...
About the dice, many triggers with integers are needed :eek:

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Well something I need is more house rules. How do you play onopoly. I already have the money in free parking and bidding on property when someone opts not to buy it.

Also I am very far and have the rolling takin care of all I need is a model of two dice side by side. They don't need to roll haveer they are only there for looks. That will be a unit and it will have abilies like roll, upgrade... I was using dialog boxes, but I ran a poll and it turns out most people don't like them.

G

Gravedigger

really, mine wasn't posted until like two or three weeks ago, I haven't really started yet, so I guess yours is way ahead of mine.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
Well I'm sorry you have to think up a new game. But your still working on that TD and atleast you havent started.

G

Gravedigger

yay, it doesn't matter, good look with this map though

master maste

Reaction score
I've got a nearly completly finished map of this, but that only thing that needs to be done is making it so when you roll the dice it moves you that amount of squares.

Surferkid993

Reaction score
master maste said:
I've got a nearly completly finished map of this, but that only thing that needs to be done is making it so when you roll the dice it moves you that amount of squares.

No, the dice part is done, I had a roll system inplace with two variables. one for each die. What I need is a model, you know a 3-D image, of 2 dice sitting next to each other. This is beceause I took a vote and people generally do not like dialog boxes which is what I was using previously in place. I am removing those and creating a unit that looks like dice and has abilities called roll, trade, upgrade... That when you use these abilities it runs the roll trigger that has already been made.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Surferkid993 said:
No, the dice part is done, I had a roll system inplace with two variables. one for each die. What I need is a model, you know a 3-D image, of 2 dice sitting next to each other. This is beceause I took a vote and people generally do not like dialog boxes which is what I was using previously in place. I am removing those and creating a unit that looks like dice and has abilities called roll, trade, upgrade... That when you use these abilities it runs the roll trigger that has already been made.
Of what I know, no such model exists.
So ask a member like Whitesock to skin it, if you can't.
And about house properties, Isuggest place regions with different tiles, and do a trigger when one buys it, his name wil be float-texted on the region, etc.

garet10

Reaction score
monopoly game

There is a monopoly game out I have it on my computer at home.
I'll post on here when I get home. If you want.
So you must be making a new and better version?

Are you making Diffuculty<---LOL (spelling)levels?
Like that Elemental tower defence. Thats a cool game.

D

Demonspawn21

If you need any help with triggers i'd be glad to help (Check the name Deathbedeli2 for the triggers i've posted in the past)

Surferkid993

Reaction score
garet10 said:
There is a monopoly game out I have it on my computer at home.
I'll post on here when I get home. If you want.
So you must be making a new and better version?

Are you making Diffuculty<---LOL (spelling)levels?
Like that Elemental tower defence. Thats a cool game.

Yes I am making a better version I have played the oither one and I found I got very annoying having to type -roll every time. So I made a better one in many aspects, but I have given credit to Krash, I think his name was. Maybe it was Krush. Not sure.

As for the second part. What?

If you need any help with triggers i'd be glad to help (Check the name Deathbedeli2 for the triggers i've posted in the past)

Sure I could always use the help. However I usualy only work on the weekends on WC3. School grr.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Demonspawn21 said:
If i were you, i wouldn't come back here - what you did to the World Editor Help Zone isn't good. At all.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
What did he do in the first place, if I may ask? :eek: Normally, users arent so hated.

D

Demonspawn21

I told people my views on reputation, and some people like above poster seem immature enough to open a flame war on them.

But anyway just say what trigger needs made or improving and ill get on it.

Anything.

Reaction score
From your description on your website, I have a couple of comments, m'kay?
  • You should use something else other than the Foot Switch for the neighborhood markers - the colors look too giddy ;) Try the Glowing Runes (They are multicolor) and place a couple in a line.
  • The person who owns the property shouldn't go to jail. It just wouldn't be fair - the other person gets away without paying rent and he gets stuck behind bars? This wouldn't happen in real life ;)
  • Spruce up the jail - it looks a bit plain. You can use those barred walls from Dungeon tileset ;)
  • Do you have Felwood? You must have Felwood!!!
  • Could you list the 85 extra units for me? Haha, I'd like to see what I get for submitting something.
  • I can already tell that this will be pretty cool. But it would make it more fun if there were free parking.
  • Can I be a beta tester??
  • Are you using my crappy dice icon I made you? :D
  • Is there a timer feature which when it runs out, skips the player's turn because they take too long? Is there a boot / leaving feature?
  • You should add Succubus to the Unit list because it's cool!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.