[wc3] Tags

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The tags are awesome, but I think there are 2 problems with them:
  1. The font is far too big. I think it'd look better if it was smaller.
  2. The text wrapping is quite annoying. Many actions take up multiple lines. It should simple use one line, and the user can scroll to the side.

For example:
    Trigger:
    • Example
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Is attacked
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • If (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing ((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) x 200.00) damage of attack type Siege and damage type Universal) else do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing (((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) x 500.00) + 500.00) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal)

Whilst with code tags:
    Code:
    Example
        Events
            Unit - A unit Is attacked
        Conditions
        Actions
            If (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing ((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) x 200.00) damage of attack type Siege and damage type Universal) else do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing (((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) x 500.00) + 500.00) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal)

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I hate the new tag; it is so ugly. I knew it was going to happen when enough people weren't content with the fact that the internet is not the Warcraft world editor.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm.. It seems like people are commenting on everything except the comments in the first post. (The text-wrap maybe?)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Hmm.. It seems like people are commenting on everything except the comments in the first post. (The text-wrap maybe?)
The font size looks fine to me: I don't have to take out a magnifier in order to read the text.

Text-wrapping is just perfect, it should also be applied to on CODE/PHP tags as well. There's nothing more annoying than having to scroll to read a long line, jump back to the beginning for the next one and so on.

We would be willing to hand ours over.
Just out of curiosity: mind telling me how many lines of code it takes you to achieve that result?

Reaction score
227 lines total ( I'm guessing you mean for the php code ) , though about 100 lines are for vbulletin stuff ( plugins,product )

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
The text wrapping is quite annoying. Many actions take up multiple lines. It should simple use one line, and the user can scroll to the side.
Adding white-space: nowrap to the spans fixes this. I'm not entirely sure that a scroll is any improvement, only real solution is to stop write code that looks like that...

Reaction score
But this

Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • If (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing ((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) x 200.00) damage of attack type Siege and damage type Universal) else do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Targeted unit), dealing (((Real((Level of Bash for (Triggering unit)))) x 500.00) + 500.00) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal)

Is annoying :(

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
I can't see what's annoying there. At least you see the whole code without scrolling.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.