WC3Banlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lordloki

Sorry, not trying to start a fight, but that is simply childish.

The ONLY restriction one should have in playing these games should be made by the host. If the host doesnt want you there.. fine... But somone else? Cause you did something the map allowed you to? Complete disregard for the concept of battle.net.

And I will stop myself here before I go off on a rant and start litigating on their forums. HAW!~

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Rofl, so we are not experienced in Wc3BanList unless we know who owns and controls the site, the program, and whod oes what?

Anyways LL, no need to get angry, he's being pretty polite. :)

L

lordloki

His very existance, regardless of its delivery is by the very definition, contradictory to what Battle.net was created for. Therefore, regardless of his polite nature, or whatever you call it, he can take his opinion, and shove it up his understanding A**

Course, Thats just my opinion. I could just be insighting a riot!:D

(in case you havent caught on yet I am REALLY sarcastic and my humor is quite dry)

no i am not really that mad... but omg... to go at length to make software to keep players out of games... thats just petty, regardless of its delivery, polite or not.. still petty.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here it is:
Blizzard Entertainment considers any third-party program designed to affect the way that a Blizzard game interacts with Battle.net - including seemingly harmless programs designed to make doing things easier, such as changing hotkeys - a hack program. The use of any such program will be detected by the Battle.net staff and may result in the closure of the account tied to the usage of the program, or even the temporary or permanent banning of the CD key tied to that particular account.

Blizzard is especially focused on removing hack programs created with cheating in mind, but as mentioned above, using third-party programs designed to make things easier also puts the user's account and/or CD key at risk. As part of our strict anti-hacking policy, this is our best way to ensure that play on Battle.net is equal for everyone. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Regards,
Stanley F.
Online Support
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support

H

HolyMalus

Hey guys, before you get that angry you should look at the program yourselfes. It's nothing to be worried about. The program helps to maintain a LOCAL banlist, that can be shared among friends. So there is no global banlist. It also doesn't show any private information according to the battle.net rules. Someone said it would show IPs... but it does not.

So what are you afraid of?

There seems to be nothing the program does that would violate the battle.net EULA. They even discussed it in their forums:

http://www.banlist.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161#161

H

HolyMalus

That information is wrong, there is no global banlist. Simply visit the forums of banlist.nl. I'm sure the guys will give you all the answers you need.

H

HolyMalus

I just noticed that they even discussed this letter you received from blizzard. They received that same standard mail when they asked their program to be verified as valid by Blizzard. Nonsense to quote standard answers, because it means they didn't even take a look at the program.

(Sorry for double posting, but I could not edit my last post.)

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Regardless even if it is a standard letter; it clearly outlines Blizzard's policy on third party programs.

56K: I have yet to see any site shut down like that; at best they patch bnet to detect latest versions of third party programs. About quarterly, they sweep through all the account detected using them, and close them (last sweep was 12,000 accounts)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Let's just say this:

Anything that's able to be called upon in the game that's not made by Blizzard is considered a hack. It's impossible to do that without modifying something within the game's system files.

Down with Banlist, normal users shouldn't have the right to decide who plays Warcraft III and who doesn't.

H

HolyMalus

XXconanXXX said:
Down with Banlist, normal users shouldn't have the right to decide who plays Warcraft III and who doesn't.

This is the proof that you don't know anything about the program. First of all, no one can decide who plays WC3 and who doesn't. See, only hosts of custom games can kick players out of there game before game starts, and that's the only thing the program can. And only at those games where the host decided to use the program and where the host has decided to let the ones on his LOCAL banlist be autokicked. No one can abuse this program in anyway.

Anything that's able to be called upon in the game that's not made by Blizzard is considered a hack. It's impossible to do that without modifying something within the game's system files.

Heh, and again you're wrong. The program doesn't modify anything. It just WATCHED the network traffic. Therefore the WinPCap driver is used.

So a hint: before you blame a program to be a hack, look what it does exactly next time.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
You really don't think this is a hack, eh? If it tracks, then how is it performing these actions within Warcraft III?

* Play a sound as a leaver is detected, or banned.
* Display a running text in-game floating at the top of your screen.
* Copy a text to your clipboard, so you can watch the comment by pressing CTRL-V.

So, a third party program which is able to display things in game and do certain actions as the game is running, is not considered a hack?

H

HolyMalus

You better ask that Knarf at the forums, he knows about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.